Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloke making heaps of noise (whole gym can hear him) deadlifting 2 plates. Fair enough. Then he proceeds to make the same noise level during unweighted back extensions; and every other rep he does during his back workout..

Felt sorry for the newbs today. A couple of a real skinny young dudes trying to do barbell bicep curls - the simplest of exercises - and it was all shoulder. Trying to lift way more than they could manage.
sounds like they needed a regular to go up, introduce himself and teach them doing bicep curls beyond their capacity won't make them look like Arnie

Approaching ppl is for flogs. No matter how wrong they are doing something unless they are about to kill themselves.
I disagree, it’s the manner in which the approacher does the approaching.

“Hey mate, just a second! You’re doing those deadlifts wrong and you’re going to hurt yourself because of your back being curved like a banana, haha. Let me show you how you should be doing it, make sure to pull your armpits to the ground and engage your lats before starting the lift....etc”

Sounds a s**t load better than

“Oi ya dickhead, that’s not how its done”.

“Hey mate, just a second! You’re doing those deadlifts wrong and you’re going to hurt yourself because of your back being curved like a banana, haha. Let me show you how you should be doing it, make sure to pull your armpits to the ground and engage your lats before starting the lift....etc”

Agree to disagree :)

Happy to have a general chat tho in the gym when i dont have headphones in

I’d think you were a flog either way, unless I ask don’t tell me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sounds like they needed a regular to go up, introduce himself and teach them doing bicep curls beyond their capacity won't make them look like Arnie

I feel as though if they did that they’d lose part of their identity. That is, the “I need something to complain about and post online” part of their identity.

I’d think you were a flog either way, unless I ask don’t tell me
I’d be fine with them thinking I’m a flog if it means they aren’t going to * their back up and subsequently their future.

It’s all in the delivery.

I’d be fine with them thinking I’m a flog if it means they aren’t going to **** their back up and subsequently their future.

It’s all in the delivery.

Lol its not your job tho to make sure theyre doing it right. Its up to them to have some PT seshs etc to make sure.

Approaching ppl is for flogs. No matter how wrong they are doing something unless they are about to kill themselves.
There's a young woman at the pool that swims freestyle laps every day with the most bizarre straight arm windmill action. I'd never gonna say anything as you would come across as a complete tool but it's frustration as hell to see mainly because the rest of the stroke is pretty good and it would be so simple to fix. If she was just a totally crap swimmer full stop it would be less hard to see tbh.

There's a young woman at the pool that swims freestyle laps every day with the most bizarre straight arm windmill action. I'd never gonna say anything as you would come across as a complete tool but it's frustration as hell to see mainly because the rest of the stroke is pretty good and it would be so simple to fix. If she was just a totally crap swimmer full stop it would be less hard to see tbh.

Matthew Lloyd was a s**t swimmer too.. not strokes but would lift his head straight on not turn it to the side looked uncomfortable af.

No did not say anything.

I kept pace with him tho

Lol its not your job tho to make sure theyre doing it right. Its up to them to have some PT seshs etc to make sure.

And if they think they’re doing it correctly because they know no better?

Remind me to never pull up to a lady on the freeway struggling with a flat tyre because it’s up to them to call a mechanic or whatever, or to never report a crime I witnessed because that’s the cops job to follow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back