Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did some very very basic knife stuff with some krav maga dudes, ironically very counter instinctual. You think distance is your friend with a knife but the opposite was true.
Krava Maga is great for marrying up proper martial arts training/boxing etc.

Ive done basic training of weapons self defence, I do intend to learn more. Yes closing the distance is crucial.

If I was on direct debit I would have just walked away.

Unfortunately, I have had bad experiences in the past where I have canceled and they kept banging my credit card. So, I have mostly paid in full wherever I have joined.

My gym had a Xmas membership special, so I'm paid up until December. I doubt I will have much success getting a refund, so will probably just stick it out and steer clear of the trouble makers.

Sometimes you gotta fight when you're a man.

The amount you have paid is not worth that constant agitation or situation in the gym.

If anything I appreciate your post, you have taught me to chill out a lot more in the gym.

If someone wants the fans on from now on, I will say how fast would you like me to turn it on, happily too.

-------

The only time to fight is when walking away is not an option.

Krava Maga is great for marrying up proper martial arts training/boxing etc.

Ive done basic training of weapons self defence, I do intend to learn more. Yes closing the distance is crucial.

It made sense in a fist fight, close distance, limit damage (not to mention most untrained people throw big swinging round arm haymakers in the first instance) but with a knife your brain thinks distance means less damage.

Its so counter intuitive to move INTO the weapon, ive done it with rubber knives, if i was being mugged im giving them all my s**t, if its unavoidable id hope my couple of weeks training would kick in but it seems so unnatural im not sure how i would react.

Would be interested to know what the other weapons techniques involve.

The amount you have paid is not worth that constant agitation or situation in the gym.

If anything I appreciate your post, you have taught me to chill out a lot more in the gym.

If someone wants the fans on from now on, I will say how fast would you like me to turn it on, happily too.

-------

The only time to fight is when walking away is not an option.

I hate a cold gym as much as anyone and more than most but yeh... if im having a physical altercation with someone or turning the AC, crank that sucker to 12 degrees for all i care.

but it seems so unnatural im not sure how i would react.

Only you would be aware of your natural flight or fight reaction.

Not the only example, but a recent one I remember walking late at night in the streets of Adelaide and I turned a blind corner and a guy literally was in my face as we both hit the corner at the same time.

My natural instant reaction was to either push or strike as I had my arm cocked. :$

I apologised and so did he at the same time, it was just unfortunate of our timing.

Then again its the streets of Adelaide lol. :p

I hate a cold gym as much as anyone and more than most but yeh... if im having a physical altercation with someone or turning the AC, crank that sucker to 12 degrees for all i care.

Im actually glad he posted his story, its made me very consciously aware again more so of my actions and responses.

I have said previously, genuinely speaking 99.9% of my time in the gym is great, even things that s**t me are funny rather than serious.

Im actually glad he posted his story, its made me very consciously aware again more so of my actions and responses.

I have said previously, genuinely speaking 99.9% of my time in the gym is great, even things that sh*t me are funny rather than serious.
Hence I thought the story was a piss take.

No... you really dont. This is toxic masculinity at its finest.

So you would just stand there while the other bloke throws haymakers? I certainly wouldn't.

Of course, those of us experienced in street fighting know the best strategy is to walk away.

However, there's a certain percentage of the population who will see that as a sign of weakness, and attack you anyway.

If someone gets in my face and starts acting aggressively, I will call their bluff. The trick is not to get into those situations in the first place.

As you get older in life, you'll eventually encounter situations where walking away is not an option.

JMHO.

So you would just stand there while the other bloke throws haymakers? I certainly wouldn't.

Of course, those of us experienced in street fighting know the best strategy is to walk away.

However, there's a certain percentage of the population who will see that as a sign of weakness, and attack you anyway.

If someone gets in my face and starts acting aggressively, I will call their bluff. The trick is not to get into those situations in the first place.

As you get older in life, you'll eventually encounter situations where walking away is not an option.

JMHO.
How old are you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After today's posts, please no one take a weapon to the gym. :$

:p

It's arm day, so I'm thinking of chucking the Bruce Lee Tricep Pulldown attachment in the old gym bag.

Come at me.

images

Only had a couple of fights at school in the 1970s and they were more wrestles.

Always always better to walk away, flight is the first option and fight the last, talk or run your way out of it. For one thing you never know how capable the person is who is the potential opponent.

What an absolute c***

I would've tackled him at the bare minimum

That old guy got slammed by every fitness youtuber out there for his behaviour. Basically he was jealous that kid was that strong.

With what that kid was deadlifting, to kick the weights down like that, he could have caused serious permanent injury to the kid.

That old guy got slammed by every fitness youtuber out there for his behaviour. Basically he was jealous that kid was that strong.

With what that kid was deadlifting, to kick the weights down like that, he could have caused serious permanent injury to the kid.
"You're ego lifting" facepalm.gif

Yeah I'm looking into if charges happened

Kid is a powerlifter called Charles, apparently a much better rival gym offered him a free 1 year membership and the arsehole who assaulted him had his membership suspended, hopefully he got banned and had an assault conviction.

Was another video of a vegan powerlifter deadlifting on a platform and this old c*** in his 50s came over and stood infront of his barbell daring him to push him over and lift it. Absolute madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back