Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
250 isn't heavy :p

My warm up set is 275. Work set is 400 (starting to get heavy). But either way i still manage to get through 10 reps without screaming. A few deep breaths on the last couple of reps but that it. Anyone further than 2m away wouldn't hear it.

It's similar to people who deliberately drop dumbbells just to make extra noise.

you sure you're not getting mixed up with pounds? cos 250kg on leg press is like 6 20kg plates each side plus two 5kg plates lol

you sure you're not getting mixed up with pounds? cos 250kg on leg press is like 6 20kg plates each side plus two 5kg plates lol

Nah, cfol is a unit.

I don't even know what I leg press because I don't do it, so I have no comparison number to throw out.

Those fools who engage in meaningless, trivial 'conversation' with one another for the duration of their workouts in which neither is really paying attention to the other because they clearly have no contact outside of the gym.

'Yeah I've got a semester left and then I think I'll go overseas'
'Oh yeah, when?'
'Like I finish in november so probably after then'
'Oh yeah my brother is going overseas or on a cruise or something then'
'In november?'
'Yeah towards the end of the year I think, he mentioned it a while ago though so i'm not sure'
'Yeah I'm thinking of going to Vegas'
'What?'
'I said i'm thinking of going to Vegas, a mate of mine wants to go'
'Whatabout uni though?'
'Nah i mean when I'm finished'.

******* hell.

As Alanis Morisette once asked, why are you so petrified of silence?
Its worse on the train. Especially young girls that just need to make sure everyone on the train knows what courses she's doing, where shes going, what grades shes getting.

But couldn't help but laugh, when a girl today at uni took a 'so called' call from a telemarketer and was like 'how did you get my number, thats illegal, I'm going to report you.' all that sort of rubbish. But what made me think it was fake, is that the tone of voice she was using. I lol at attention seekers.

Agreed, I've seen a 120lb slight girl doing 190kg. If you're doing it for the first time, yeah its going to be hard, like anything, but 250kg is not heavy for a guy.

it is for me

okayguy.jpg

Thanks for the info mate, the leg press at my gym only goes to 200 (and I prefer to stay away from the machines anyway) so I really had no idea and was curious, that info helps.

The leg presses being spoken of in here will be plate loaded ones (normally on a 45 degree angle etc.) not the horizontal 'machine' type press.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol. years ago when I broke clavicle I did leg press 2 times a week for 12 weeks, and was doing 330kg for 8, and I think I was about 58Kg. If you hit it hard for say 12 weeks, I'm confident you'd be lifting some serious weight.

But seriously, screw the legpress, back and front squats all the way!!!

Squats + leg press for me ;)

lol. years ago when I broke clavicle I did leg press 2 times a week for 12 weeks, and was doing 330kg for 8, and I think I was about 58Kg. If you hit it hard for say 12 weeks, I'm confident you'd be lifting some serious weight.

But seriously, screw the legpress, back and front squats all the way!!!

actually i have massive quads and calves. come to think of it, yeah i do 200 plus. or something like that. im not big on counting and recording weights.

but cheers for advice robbie!

Nah kg's lol.

16 x 25kg plates. I use 25s because I'd be there all day loading it if i was using 20's. Takes me about 5 mins to unload it haha.

I generally do a 5-6 min light warm up on the indoor rower before lifting sessions, and will also use it for high intensity intervals on s**t days when the oval is water logged from bad weather, so I get to see the form of others on it a bit too.

i can say that 9.5 times out of 10, it is absolutely farkin atrocious. i reckon someone is going to fling themselves off the front of those things one of these days. normally, i just laugh but this morning, a bird was warming up on it with her PT looking on and the latter didn't bat an eyelid at the way it was being completed...........and that was badly. all arms with little power in the leg drive in the pull and then then the legs and body fly back into the start position before the pull is even completed.

in everyone's attempt to try and be fast - thinking stroke rate = fast - they seriously inhibit the amount of power they can produce on each stroke. i reckon most folks actually generate less than half of the total power than they can potentially generate on those things.

I did'nt know they made his and hers squat racks.Yeaterday a couple were working out in separate power racks doing the same exercises huge amount of rest between sets i only looked over because i though great there done but no.Anywoo i seen he spotted her squat well it kinda looked abit like doggy style:eek: they were there before i got there and were still in the racks after i left i was there for a hour talk about camping out much.
I hard little dig at this people today:eek:.They rocked up and were and starting warming up in the other rack i was just finshed in in the rack next door.The dude said to me are you done i said yeah but dont you think you should let others use this one.Seeing your both together he said mind you bees wax i said it rude to take up both racks.

Hate it when people use 2 equipment at once, do a set on one then go to the other and back again. Dickheads

I do sometimes. What's wrong with that? Often it's quiet when I do so and if someone asks, I let them use the equipment no worries.

Hate it when people use 2 equipment at once, do a set on one then go to the other and back again. Dickheads

but they're super setting bro. :D

I know what you mean. Fair enough if the gym's quiet and there isn't anyone waiting to use one of the pieces of equipment being hogged. No excuse for doing in peak times. They want to work out in that way, then they should get to the gym at a time when they're not potentially inconveniencing every one else with for their own convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back