Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been over a week and I’ve got nothing. Covid has killed this thread
Lel

Just wait I guess

I certainly don't miss flogs dumping plates and dumbbells on the floor, assholes sticking chewing gum in water bottle/towel slots on treadmills and crosstrainers etc

That's the key though with full fingered gloves, not touching your face. The funny thing is, you don't realise how many times you actually touch your face without realising it, and then you won't be disinfecting your gloves like you would your bare hands

I do agree most people are not aware. I am very much aware personally, I have a good neck workout every workout rubbing off excess sweat on my arms.

Ive been to many gyms, locally, interstate and overseas. One common theme I have seen is that it will shock you the number of guys that use the bathroom facilities and not wash their hands and use the equipment without a care in the world.

I must be the only guy I reckon lol that washes his hands both before and after using the bathroom.

Gonna smash tonights session as if its my last

i.e. sit on a bench and hoard dumb bells

Take a couple of protein tubs with you and get locked inside till it reopens and come out looking like the Hulk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But then who cleans and sterilizes the spray bottle

Wiping down the equipment may help a little, but if someone comes into the gym with the coronavirus at the same time you are there, there is a very high probability youre going to get it, regardless of how much a person wipes or sterilizes a bench.

Who cleans and sterilizes the plates? The Pins? If anything these are probably the biggest hot zones.

gym was back to full-busy this afternoon... campaigners everywhere mis-using equipment, not wiping down equipment, standing around and chatting to block equipment... the full gamut...

For me the worst is the newbies that have wanted to start getting fit or begin an exercise program.

Of all the times you had in your life, you choose now to get started?

If I was them I would explore every other option to get a level of fitness, first outside.

For me the worst is the newbies that have wanted to start getting fit or begin an exercise program.

Of all the times you had in your life, you choose now to get started?

If I was them I would explore every other option to get a level of fitness, first outside.
to be fair, a lot of newbies are going to struggle to make a workout plan in a gym, let alone a decent one "outside"...

to be fair, a lot of newbies are going to struggle to make a workout plan in a gym, let alone a decent one "outside"...

While I do agree partly, geez its 2020, surely if you have half a brain there is so much information out there to learn a very simple and basic exercise program. For most newbies, if they began just basic walking 30 mins a day it would probably be better in the long run than seeing a PT in the middle of a pandemic.

Sure if you have got money to burn, I agree they should get a PT.

To be honest, if you can google, you can follow a basic simple program that incorporates walking and light weight bearing exercises. Better to do that for 3 months and come back to the gym then, then begin now. Which is the major point I was making.

While I do agree partly, geez its 2020, surely if you have half a brain there is so much information out there to learn a very simple and basic exercise program. For most newbies, if they began just basic walking 30 mins a day it would probably be better in the long run than seeing a PT in the middle of a pandemic.

Sure if you have got money to burn, I agree they should get a PT.

To be honest, if you can google, you can follow a basic simple program that incorporates walking and light weight bearing exercises. Better to do that for 3 months and come back to the gym then, then begin now. Which is the major point I was making.
Reminds me of when I was starting out in 2003-04

I started with a 20kg set of adjustable old school screw lock dumbbells that my stepdad bought for the family when I was 15 in 2003, so for shoulders/arms I had a good base in that regard to start with before I went to gym, but I neglected chest and back work bad cos I didn't have a bench

So when I first went to gym 3 weeks before I turned 16 and got a basic program of mainly machine work, I started doing bench press on the smith machine and I was so weak in that area, I could only press 11.25kg a side (22.5kg total)

I was doing high volume though like 4x10-12, so maybe 25kgs or something I could do as a max then, but I was doing 28kg on the shoulder press machine easily and worked up to 32-36-41kg in no time at all before I hit the dumbbells, took me til the end of the year to do 2 45 pound plates a side on smith bench but.

My lat pulldown/seated row was ok to start off with at least, could do 80-90 pounds (40kg give or take)

Funny these days my push is better than my pull though, took until I was 21 to really develop that area.

I do agree most people are not aware. I am very much aware personally, I have a good neck workout every workout rubbing off excess sweat on my arms.

Ive been to many gyms, locally, interstate and overseas. One common theme I have seen is that it will shock you the number of guys that use the bathroom facilities and not wash their hands and use the equipment without a care in the world.

I must be the only guy I reckon lol that washes his hands both before and after using the bathroom.
Yep same, every feb i take a month of annual leave to travel to different Uni's in Australia giving talks, so i do casual visits at heaps of gyms, and especially the franchise gyms are the worst for that, particularly because there unmanned, its gross.

Last day again for me, we are on the edge of the hot spots :rolleyes: so we are locked down again for 6 weeks :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back