Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah heaven forbid anyone gets a day's work done out in the real world fixing stuff people need ;)
This is just lazy campaigners who think rules don't apply to them
They're not working they're going to the gym

a. :handok:

b. booooo

c. He can not put stuff away, take up all the space in the gym, take his shirt off and pose for selfies all he wants. But parking over 2 spaces is a MASSIVE NO NO
He's a short chubby guy - I really don't want him taking his shirt off

There is no correct bars to put the weight plates on. Chuck the 10kg on the 20kg marked ones or the 20s on the 15s. Best system for everyone. Life's too short
Is this advice. Like “don’t worry about putting stuff away properly” cause if so, you’re a cause of many gym things that s**t people.

Just put your 20 back on the 20 so I don’t have to dick around checking.

Or don’t and let people bitch about you in here.

Lean down an extra couple inches to grab that plate mate and don't stress. Not going to hurt anyone for a plate to be 6 inches away from where it's "supposed" to be.

I'll chuck the plates over the top of wherever another one of those plates are. If we're doing 10s on the 15 rack then that's fine by me

Lean down an extra couple inches to grab that plate mate and don't stress. Not going to hurt anyone for a plate to be 6 inches away from where it's "supposed" to be.

I'll chuck the plates over the top of wherever another one of those plates are. If we're doing 10s on the 15 rack then that's fine by me
I work out at my home gym so I don’t care what you do but if you don’t put your s**t back properly you are no mate of mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really prefered the gym when it was holidays with no staffed hours.
Hang in there, its January. When the newbie crowd give up in February, March it will be a lot more quiet.

Research suggests that 80% of January gym-joiners quit within five months.

I work out at my home gym so I don’t care what you do but if you don’t put your s**t back properly you are no mate of mine.
My home gym actually looks worse than most commercial gyms as I don’t have enough storage for all my bars, plates and kettlebells so they’re normally just left where they were last used and/or on the floor

My home gym actually looks worse than most commercial gyms as I don’t have enough storage for all my bars, plates and kettlebells so they’re normally just left where they were last used and/or on the floor
Mines pretty tidy, but ultimately if it’s YOUR gym then you’re not inconveniencing anyone but you with your messiness so play on.

So over the holidays instead of going to gym in the AM I started going in the PM as no need to get up early for work. The AM crowd is usually pretty good because there's 3-4 of us regulars that go most weekdays and everyone manages to do what they want to get done without getting in anyone's way, fighting over equipment etc. The PM crowd however there's a lot of weight hogs, lots of dudes taking 5 minutes between sets to flex in mirrors, nobody feels like putting weights back etc. Don't think I'll be going back in the PM again because it just adds 10-15 minutes to the session while you're waiting around for people to finish with stuff you want to use.

But the thing that really tripped me off was this dude that was screaming during and after doing olympic lifts. So he'd grunt and moan like a truck while he was doing the exercise but then he'd drop the bar to the floor from head height (annoying as * in an upstairs gym because everything shakes) and then he'd scream at himself in the mirror for a good five seconds. Literally screaming at the mirror at the top of his lungs and occasionally punching the rack for * knows what reason.

Never posted in this thread before as I try to let things slide but I really, really wasn't sure what to make of this.

Never posted in this thread before as I try to let things slide but I really, really wasn't sure what to make of this.
wolf-of-wall-street-jordan-belfort.gif

So over the holidays instead of going to gym in the AM I started going in the PM as no need to get up early for work. The AM crowd is usually pretty good because there's 3-4 of us regulars that go most weekdays and everyone manages to do what they want to get done without getting in anyone's way, fighting over equipment etc. The PM crowd however there's a lot of weight hogs, lots of dudes taking 5 minutes between sets to flex in mirrors, nobody feels like putting weights back etc. Don't think I'll be going back in the PM again because it just adds 10-15 minutes to the session while you're waiting around for people to finish with stuff you want to use.

But the thing that really tripped me off was this dude that was screaming during and after doing olympic lifts. So he'd grunt and moan like a truck while he was doing the exercise but then he'd drop the bar to the floor from head height (annoying as * in an upstairs gym because everything shakes) and then he'd scream at himself in the mirror for a good five seconds. Literally screaming at the mirror at the top of his lungs and occasionally punching the rack for * knows what reason.

Just from my personal experience, Morning crew is very chilled, understanding and they want to get in and get out, asap, they have more important s**t to do during the day. Sharing and working in with another should it happen, is fairly easy to do, no one is overly fussed or upset.

Evening mob, is an entirely different entity. I never really enjoyed those workouts. I would rather not go, then to rock up after 4pm and start. Mind you, if you dont have any choice, you go when you can.

As far as the grunting and theatrics go, he is being a "show pony" and "flexing" because he has an audience, but he doesnt even do half that if no one is around. Dont get me wrong, there can be a time and a place when you try and psyche yourself up for a one max rep to do a lift and even then you should always be respectful of the company around you.

Kids in the gym. And I mean 10 years old or younger. Just going from station to station. No form, nothing. “How do you do this?”, “what does that do?” Let’s two of us jump on the treadmill barefoot and pump up the speed. Next minute they both fly off one complaining it hurts and to stop it. I tell them to shut the mill down and it’s not a toy. Mulleted kid didn’t reply. His mullet led brother who’s older? Nothing. They continue to muck around so I ask the oldest of the three who their parents are. Not there. Told them they. Must be supervised.
Obviously they think it’s a fun park.

Kids in the gym. And I mean 10 years old or younger. Just going from station to station. No form, nothing. “How do you do this?”, “what does that do?” Let’s two of us jump on the treadmill barefoot and pump up the speed. Next minute they both fly off one complaining it hurts and to stop it. I tell them to shut the mill down and it’s not a toy. Mulleted kid didn’t reply. His mullet led brother who’s older? Nothing. They continue to muck around so I ask the oldest of the three who their parents are. Not there. Told them they. Must be supervised.
No adult with them?

This you should report to the staff so that the member who allowed unsupervised children into the gym, do not treat it as a child care facility.

No issue if kids come to a gym, but FFS they need to be respectful and any parent or child carer should know better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back