Think Tank Is Tayla Harris worth $150,000 per season?

Is $150,000 per season fair value for Harris?

• No

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • NO, IN BOLD

Votes: 36 67.9%
  • Yes, and Collingwood's recent trading strategy is very clever

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The combined salary of all AFLW players shouldn’t even be 150k.

It’s an embarrassment to sport that it still continues.

I hate this horrible commie Pinko talk on this thread, please get the * out of my country and go to North Korea if you are somehow invested in someone not making as much money as they can.

Tayla Harris is worth as much as a club is willing to give to her. Shes a massive name in the sport (If you haven't heard of her, her name isn't being slung around the TAB and Centerlink so i'm not surprised half you lot have heard)

Get that Money. Nobody whinges at Rockliff for earning 500k to play SANFL, Hannebery 700k to turn upto physio for 3 times a week

I hate this horrible commie Pinko talk on this thread, please get the fu** out of my country and go to North Korea if you are somehow invested in someone not making as much money as they can.

Tayla Harris is worth as much as a club is willing to give to her. Shes a massive name in the sport (If you haven't heard of her, her name isn't being slung around the TAB and Centerlink so i'm not surprised half you lot have heard)

Get that Money. Nobody whinges at Rockliff for earning 500k to play SANFL, Hannebery 700k to turn upto physio for 3 times a week

When Tayla and her AFLW comrades contribute enough to the sport and their respective teams to warrant such large figure salaries not being whinged at, then I'm sure we'll all feel the same way. Whilst the AFL is running at a net negative for running the competition I don't think we should be encouraging above-average salaries for below-average players.

I hate this horrible commie Pinko talk on this thread, please get the fu** out of my country and go to North Korea if you are somehow invested in someone not making as much money as they can.

There is nothing so capitalist as the proletariat attacking their peers when they demand better from their bourgeoisie labour owners.

150 thousand isnt very much money
When the best player at the club Prespakis is on less than 50k then yeah 150k is a lot , if she was the best player and kicked more than 4 goals and took more than 6 marks in 8 games then maybe , she seems to think she is bigger than the team and if the club folds and give in to her demands what sort of message does that send to the rest of the team ? I personally think we should part ways with her and get a decent draft pick for her . Darcy Vescio is a much better player and by the sounds of it a much better person . Just my opinion .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pay them based on gate takings, memberships, TV rights and sponsorships?

You realise we have a minimum wage in this country and slavery is illegal ?
What are you saying ? I'm pretty sure they are all making good money considering they play 8-12 weeks tops , WELL above minimum wage and hardly slave labour , when they start playing 22 rounds and finals at a decent level of skill I'm sure they will be payed accordingly , until then be happy with what they get . As a Carlton member I'm not comfortable with Harris getting more than anyone else on the list especially when she can't even crack the top 15 in the b&f .

What are you saying ? I'm pretty sure they are all making good money considering they play 8-12 weeks tops , WELL above minimum wage and hardly slave labour , when they start playing 22 rounds and finals at a decent level of skill I'm sure they will be payed accordingly , until then be happy with what they get . As a Carlton member I'm not comfortable with Harris getting more than anyone else on the list especially when she can't even crack the top 15 in the b&f .

Im saying if they were paid based on the revenues they would not be making any money at all.

From a Carlton POV, Maddy Prespakis is far more worthy of the type of coin that Tayla is asking for.

And 14 other players too it seems. :$

$150k would be absolute peak wage for an AFLW player right now, that really should only be going to the top talents, not the 'marketable' ones. Make payment happen on merit, otherwise it risks becoming a sideshow and a cultural problem at the club she plays at.
If Tayla wants to make money off her profile, she can go make more Colgate ads.

Reckon this ends with her getting paid what she currently is, probably not at Carlton though.

Back