Is the AFL website dead?

Remove this Banner Ad

completely crap web-site.

the only thing i use it for is the live scores from work....

even then are there any other web-sites that give live scores??

I'd steered clear for a long time- but earlier this year I was in a hurry and really needed to find some info about a game start time and thought 'yes Juddshanks, you know you hate the AFL site like the 1337 foozball f4n that j00 r, but just swallow your pride and get on there and check the game start time.'

After 15 ____ing painful, utterly fruitless minutes I was sitting there thinking 'wow, it really *is* that bad.' Finally I gave up, and have never been back there again.

To put it simply, there must be either staggering incompetence or breathtaking corruption present down at AFL headquarters to allow a developer to do that to their website. Truly hilarious stuff- not only has it stopped me from visiting, it has guaranteed I will never go anywhere near any of Telstra's products- not out of anger, just because I assume everything they do must be similarly appallingly low quality.

To put it simply, there must be either staggering incompetence or breathtaking corruption present down at AFL headquarters to allow a developer to do that to their website. Truly hilarious stuff- not only has it stopped me from visiting, it has guaranteed I will never go anywhere near any of Telstra's products- not out of anger, just because I assume everything they do must be similarly appallingly low quality.

Most things Telstra do a low quality.

I've had no end of trouble with my Telstra Broadband connection for the past 5-6 years.

I reckon Bigpond need to change the slogan they're running with these days.

toobig4tv2.gif

"Too big for the Internet" would seem more appropriate.

Guys you can all blame this AFL manager for giving the horribly broken AFL.COM.AU site the go ahead :

ricky_g.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serves you right for attempting to enter that black hole of death that the AFL and Bigpond dare to call a website!

Actually I stopped going there a while ago & like many others now use The Age/Herald sun sites for footy news. As well as forums.

It works fine for me everytime. Have only had a problem with it once this season. Maybe I'm just special

Forgot to touchwood. Its not wanting me to do my dreamteam trades this week :mad:

since the afl and telstra have taken the initiative to update the site and give it more of a current day feel i have found it extremely helpful. i go on the site at work, uni, home and mates' places and have never had any dramas with it. i must say i am also a fan of their selective use of flash.

since the afl and telstra have taken the initiative to update the site and give it more of a current day feel i have found it extremely helpful. i go on the site at work, uni, home and mates' places and have never had any dramas with it. i must say i am also a fan of their selective use of flash.

Youve got to be pulling the piss right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back