Player Watch Isaac Quaynor

Remove this Banner Ad

For years now the rising star nomination has been selected based on a group of games/season. IQ has now put together a solid season, but his last 3 weeks have been great which is enough for a nomination. This is Sholls' first standout game. Based on previous seasons if Sholl plays an average game this week he will get the nomination based on his last game.

Personally, I think the nomination should be a weekly and the selection should be based on the previous game. The winner is then selected on the seasons performance. Based on my opinion Sholl is certainly stiff and I can see where the Adelaide players are coming from but you are changing how other nominations have been selected over years. Adelaide players want to be celebrating the small wins after a bleak overall season.

We do have a beauty of a player in IQ. Brings another great kick who takes the game on.

I’m okay with Tex being disappointed in his teammate not receiving the nominee, but you don’t put up a photo of IQ on social media.

Be disappointed in the system, if you want.

Don’t put up a photo and attack the bloke who won.

FWIW, Rising star nominee is really some backroom AFL journo’s opinion.

Its exactly why I dont want Taylor Walker at Collingwood. Hes a cancer.

Pretty poor from Tex and the Adelaide lads to have such a vocal sook about the rising star nomination. Whether some other bloke deserved it or not is irrelevant, they are coming across as really disrespectful to a kid in IQ.

Must be something they learned that time in band camp

Just on the Rising Star award.

The weekly nomination process has never been for the “best eligible player of the round”.

It’s for the eligible player who has shown the most potential to be a star over the course of all the games he has played during the year.... and hasn’t been nominated yet.

It’s not a new concept that a kid plays a blinder but another player gets rewarded for a block of four or five games instead.

The furore is hilarious.

I’m okay with Tex being disappointed in his teammate not receiving the nominee, but you don’t put up a photo of IQ on social media.

Be disappointed in the system, if you want.

Don’t put up a photo and attack the bloke who won.

FWIW, Rising star nominee is really some backroom AFL journo’s opinion.

100% this. Their lad not getting the nomination this week has nothing to do with IQ, who thoroughly deserves to be nominated for his play this season. Talk your boy up but leave it at that.

But then again... It's Taylor Walker and the Crows. Behaving like cretins seems to be the MO for that club these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kudos to Daniel Talia when interviewed on the unbelievably biased Adelaide Seven News.

When asked about the Rising Star issue he said that he'd seen it many times before that a player gets rewarded for a solid 3-4 weeks, and that Sholl should use that as inspiration to back up again next week.

The only sense I have heard from anybody outside of Collingwood on this non-issue.

Kudos to Daniel Talia when interviewed on the unbelievably biased Adelaide Seven News.

When asked about the Rising Star issue he said that he'd seen it many times before that a player gets rewarded for a solid 3-4 weeks, and that Sholl should use that as inspiration to back up again next week.

The only sense I have heard from anybody outside of Collingwood on this non-issue.
Always felt sorry for Talia being roped into all the Crows BS

Kevin Sheehan confirmed that the last 4-5 rounds are about ensuring the best players across the season get a nomination. Said the Quaynor was second in the nomination voting in R7 behind Anderson and second or third a couple of weeks back (I assume the week of Riccardi’s nom).

What I love about IQ is when he has that ball in his hand, he enamours me with the same confidence Neon Leon use to when he played in defense at the tail end of his career.

You just know he will hit a target.

Smooth operator...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk