Player Watch Isaac Quaynor

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately, it's not even close. Hopefully we got a few in this last batch, bceause there's not much in the 21-25 year old group.
I'd say the 21-25 age group boasts a bit, in Moore, De Goey, Daicos and Quaynor, but there's a lot of reliance on teens coming through. At least with Nick Daicos on the way and how excited people seem about our teenagers we should be in good stead. Would be nice to add Petracca to that group ;)

I'd say the 21-25 age group boasts a bit, in Moore, De Goey, Daicos and Quaynor, but there's a lot of reliance on teens coming through. At least with Nick Daicos on the way and how excited people seem about our teenagers we should be in good stead. Would be nice to add Petracca to that group ;)
I might have got the ages a bit wrong. There's a fair gap between the ages of JDG/Moore and Quaynor. And all we've got in the gap is Daicos.

I might have got the ages a bit wrong. There's a fair gap between the ages of JDG/Moore and Quaynor. And all we've got in the gap is Daicos.
Yeah, definitely hear you. The 23 and unders is mostly kids and two absolute jets (IQ and Daics). Hopefully a couple of the teens can make leaps like those two did to offset our ageing stars.

That's assuming that Pendlebury actually ages like a human...

Unfortunately, it's not even close. Hopefully we got a few in this last batch, bceause there's not much in the 21-25 year old group.

Does not help we have kept Trading our 1st Round Picks for Players we no longer have

Does not help we have kept Trading our 1st Round Picks for Players we no longer have

Too soon, Dave… too soon.
Btw, Quaynor is a gun and will continue to develop. Straight lines at the ball and is clean with both hands and feet. Liked him from day 1 as most probably did and can see him being in the top group of players at the club along with Moore and Degoey.

He's not human and won't age like a human when the ball is in his hands. But when it's not it's becoming ap bit of a worry. He looked too slow around stoppage last night and kept getting done like a dinner. Time for the wing I think.

He's not human and won't age like a human when the ball is in his hands. But when it's not it's becoming ap bit of a worry. He looked too slow around stoppage last night and kept getting done like a dinner. Time for the wing I think.
Pendles is showing signs of ageing which is to be expected and struggles at the back end of seasons. He butchered it a bit last night, was beaten in the middle at times and dropped an overhead mark he should have taken so he is definitely human.

Pendles is showing signs of ageing which is to be expected and struggles at the back end of seasons. He butchered it a bit last night, was beaten in the middle at times and dropped an overhead mark he should have taken so he is definitely human.
He's always been ordinary over head, which is a shame because it will stop him adding a couple of years at the end as a back flanker who sets us up out of defence. I thought he used it beautifully again last night, except for the torp.

It's his reactions around stoppage that were a concern.

Yeah, definitely hear you. The 23 and unders is mostly kids and two absolute jets (IQ and Daics). Hopefully a couple of the teens can make leaps like those two did to offset our ageing stars.

Yes he ages like we all do but still nobody can tackle him :oops: ;):)

Tonight, I thought Quaynor was fabulous! Had a couple of goals kick on him by Tippa but turning into a very good young defender. His kicking is starting to blossom too. I reckon there is along way to go until he reaches his ceiling..

Tippa kicked 3 on Madgen. I've had the microscope on Madgen the last few weeks. He always seems to be right near the ball when the opposition kick goals. But never attempts to smother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IQ was only Positive I took from the Game.

Having good Season so far
There were a few other positives. Darcy Cameron was very good. Daicos played his first good game in the centre square. McCreery can kick and take his chances. Crisp and Pendles just keep going on with incredible consistency.

There were a few other positives. Darcy Cameron was very good. Daicos played his first good game in the centre square. McCreery can kick and take his chances. Crisp and Pendles just keep going on with incredible consistency.

There were quite a few times in the middle yesterday when Josh Daicos got tackled but maintained his balance, shrugged the tackle or at least got an effective handball off. Not sure we’ve seen that inside play from him before. I thought Josh and Pendles were our best. The great thing with Josh Daicos is that as he reaches new levels, we can hopefully assume that as a ‘performance floor’ for his brother. It will take time but you would think Nick has the higher ceiling.

There were quite a few times in the middle yesterday when Josh Daicos got tackled but maintained his balance, shrugged the tackle or at least got an effective handball off. Not sure we’ve seen that inside play from him before. I thought Josh and Pendles were our best. The great thing with Josh Daicos is that as he reaches new levels, we can hopefully assume that as a ‘performance floor’ for his brother. It will take time but you would think Nick has the higher ceiling.

Totally agree. Really promising game from him.

I thought Crisp was our best yesterday. It was a really good game from him. He did what he always does - gave us line breaking run and carry and willingness to take the game on - and made less mistakes than normal. I think he will go close to the Copeland trophy this year.

I'd add Murphy's game as a positive.

Put him on a wing. Daicos in the middle and Poulter on the other wing. Improves our ball use in the middle and willingness to go forward while also getting development into these younger players
I also think his biggest weakness is sometimes individual accountability in defence - being on the wing would make this a much less damaging thing for us. Would love to see him get more of the footy