It’s Flea time - Cody Weightman appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Had some serious doubts he would have much of an impact.
Tough spot to play at the best of times , but he was good.
Was hoping he would go back and back himself with that first kick , but to actually nail it was outrageous !
He will no doubt have his ups and downs for a while, but boy he is going to be a lot of fun to watch .

Nature of his role means he’s going to have quiet games. But he showed a bit.

and to boot he’s going to be a fan favourite. Like a more skilled early years Dahlhaus before Dahlhaus’ drop off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great goals - but doesn’t look quick. trailed his opponent on most occasions and couldn’t provide pressure i50.
Might have to change the expectations that he’s more of a small marking forward than the pressure forward.

I know the Dees were super keen on him and went for Pickett instead. Those comparisons will be continue to be made through their careers.

Dogs are my second team, so enjoyed the performance last night. Want to see some more consistency of performance through.

I don’t think we were ever after him being a dedicated pressure forward. Most players have to bring that at minimum, wouldn’t pay a first rounder for a player whose game is built on that.

Great goals - but doesn’t look quick. trailed his opponent on most occasions and couldn’t provide pressure i50.
Might have to change the expectations that he’s more of a small marking forward than the pressure forward.

I know the Dees were super keen on him and went for Pickett instead. Those comparisons will be continue to be made through their careers.

Dogs are my second team, so enjoyed the performance last night. Want to see some more consistency of performance through.

His first game willydave. First game. Don't you reckon he might have a little bit of improvement in the areas you say he is deficient in?

He has always been described as a small marking forward and was never described as a pressure forward. Not sure where you got the idea that he was a pressure forward.

We also knew coming in he needed to improve on his tank. I think he will be better for the run and should improve each week once he picks up the pace of the game

Pace is unfortunately one thing that doesn’t improve too much.
At the start of the game he was flying around. His chases at the end of the game were terrible because he was cooked. He will be a star. I don’t think Tom Papley is known for his blistering pace.

He has always been described as a small marking forward and was never described as a pressure forward. Not sure where you got the idea that he was a pressure forward.
Fair point, but you don’t want the pressure to be that poor that he’s a liability.

I’m very happy with dogs’ recent recruiting overall though. West, Smith and Vandermeer look outstanding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back