It was a bad day for the "whipping boy" crew

Remove this Banner Ad

Summed up magnificently.:thumbsu:

Irrational hatred based upon an overblown sense of expectation and entitlement, whilst exhibiting complete ignorance of the symbiotic aspects of the game.
Yep, there's no balance or perspective, and its totally binary eg McMillan is sh**/putrid etc. Or they focus totally on a players weak points eg. Gibbo with disposal and ignore the positive things they bring to the side. Its the same sense of entitlement that fuels the Scotts out brigade, ie he should be sacked because we didn't win a premiership in 2014/2015 or didn't finish top 4 during the same period. Like we have a divine right to win premierships despite all the impediments the AFL place in our path and if we don't its the coaches fault or the whipping boys. Every premiership side has its solid citizens, players with clear deficiencies or weaknesses that play a role for the side.

Coaches votes

NORTH MELBOURNE V ST KILDA

10 Brown (NM)
5 Goldstein (NM)
5 Waite (NM)
4 Macmillan (NM)
3 Tarrant (NM)
2 Jacobs (NM)
1 Higgins (NM)

Coaches votes

NORTH MELBOURNE V ST KILDA

10 Brown (NM)
5 Goldstein (NM)
5 Waite (NM)
4 Macmillan (NM)
3 Tarrant (NM)
2 Jacobs (NM)
1 Higgins (NM)

I so wish they would go back to showing how each coach voted. We can only deduce from this that both coaches had BBB as BOG, and that one coach had Jmac 2nd in the votes and the other did not rate him in the top 5.

Every premiership side has its solid citizens, players with clear deficiencies or weaknesses that play a role for the side.

Shaun Grigg won a flag. I mean, I can't even understand how he's not playing VFL reserves but there ya go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Careful. You're dissing the other golden boy Rance.

You look at Rance's record against forwards, it looks good until you get to Franklin, Petrie and Cloke. Cloke destroyed him in 2013. Franklin was unstoppable pretty much against anyone but we held him pretty well in some games in 2013 and 14.

Petrie destroyed him in 1v1 contests. Especially in that 4th quarter in 2012. Petrie was unstoppable.

I’m not sure why people on here get so touchy when people level criticism at players / coaches?

As supporters all we want to see is improvement from our youngsters and consistency from older players.

They are professional athletes paid to play at the highest level. If they are underperforming then they should expect to be criticised.

Criticism has to have some kind of accuracy and be valid to be taken seriously tho.

Alright alright what's the difference his or he's they sound the same, you still understood what I meant lol

If you can't tell the difference between two words that mean different things how can we trust your opinion on a footy player?

And then there are people like me who are saltier than seawater when there's one correct criticism delivered to a favourite player. The same people who need repeated examples before they finally concede the point and have to back off and accept the player isn't the perfect specimen they'd thought or hoped.

No one has ever played a perfect game of football. There have been some incredibly good ones tho.

You look at Rance's record against forwards, it looks good until you get to Franklin, Petrie and Cloke. Cloke destroyed him in 2013. Franklin was unstoppable pretty much against anyone but we held him pretty well in some games in 2013 and 14.

Petrie destroyed him in 1v1 contests. Especially in that 4th quarter in 2012. Petrie was unstoppable.
I've watched Rance pretty closely for years.

Before last year he was using his hand around waste to keep the body of the forward close to him to punch and was getting away with it. Last year he wasn't really doing it much (that I can recall) but was also getting away with s**t that other defenders don't. I have noticed this year he has been going back to it and gave away a few free kicks last week. Which just amazed me as he has been getting away with stuff for years.

Look he's a bloody good player, but he does get look after.

I've watched Rance pretty closely for years.

Before last year he was using his hand around waste to keep the body of the forward close to him to punch and was getting away with it. Last year he wasn't really doing it much (that I can recall) but was also getting away with s**t that other defenders don't. I have noticed this year he has been going back to it and gave away a few free kicks last week. Which just amazed me as he has been getting away with stuff for years.

Look he's a bloody good player, but he does get look after.
Yep Rance was one of the worst offenders in 1v1 contests but I think it went unnoticed because the umpires were positioned to watch front-contact or jumper holding.

Most defenders were doing what Rance did and he did the same thing to Petrie in a lot of their match-ups, all Petrie had to do was jump, show clearly he's being held from behind and lift his hands up to expose Rance to the umpire watching. Bang, free kick.

Yep Rance was one of the worst offenders in 1v1 contests but I think it went unnoticed because the umpires were positioned to watch front-contact or jumper holding.

Most defenders were doing what Rance did and he did the same thing to Petrie in a lot of their match-ups, all Petrie had to do was jump, show clearly he's being held from behind and lift his hands up to expose Rance to the umpire watching. Bang, free kick.
That should of been around the waist, not waste heh.

I was going to say also that he could of been doing it to the blind side of the umpire but with two perhaps a bit hard. It is hard to see though for the umpires no doubt. He was caught doing it against the Crows though. Been doing it for years and no one in the commentary has ever brought it up....theyd rather worship him.

That should of been around the waist, not waste heh.

I was going to say also that he could of been doing it to the blind side of the umpire but with two perhaps a bit hard. It is hard to see though for the umpires no doubt. He was caught doing it against the Crows though. Been doing it for years and no one in the commentary has ever brought it up....theyd rather worship him.
He plays for Richmond. They worship anyone from the big clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back