List Mgmt. Which whipping boy would you most like to see come good in 2023?

Remove this Banner Ad

I like this thread, a chance to be positive toward all our players. On the flip side it will be concerning how many players will actually named as "whipping boys".
Don't like the term whipping boy Iam not going to mention any particular player but the bottom 6 of our best 22 every week need to perform.How much pressure would it take of the top 6 if the bottom 6 lifted?
I don't care about the term, more about what happens, and naming someone here doesn't mean they're no good, just that they get a lot of stick on here and elsewhere. Hot tip for posters, don't feel the need to start your post with "player X is cr@p" or devote most of your post to saying how bad they are, then saying you hope they come good. There are other threads for that.

Jack Ziebell

Mahony. Would be awesome to see his footy brain outweigh all of his physical shortcomings and him to become a 15 disposal, 1.5 goal a game player. Won't happen, but anyways. Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a coach after his career wraps up. The footy nous is obvious

I’m going to go out on a limb here….!

Anyone who fronts up on any given game day wearing a North jumper and that includes the supporters….!!!!

Whipping boys are in the eye of the beholder.

Some people don't rate Spicer or Bonar but I do.

On the other hand I find Taylor overrated on here.

In terms of relatively unanimous whipping boys, Lazarro cops a lot of s**t. I'd love him to be a North Melbourne success story next year and eventually a premiership player for us.

Whipping boys are in the eye of the beholder.

Some people don't rate Spicer or Bonar but I do.

On the other hand I find Taylor overrated on here.

In terms of relatively unanimous whipping boys, Lazarro cops a lot of s**t. I'd love him to be a North Melbourne success story next year and eventually a premiership player for us.
I couldn't agree more. Whipping boys are definitely in the eye of the beholder. Players I don't rate, others do and vice versa. I have been vocal in my love of Charlie and I really hope he makes it.

Mahony. Would be awesome to see his footy brain outweigh all of his physical shortcomings and him to become a 15 disposal, 1.5 goal a game player. Won't happen, but anyways. Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a coach after his career wraps up. The footy nous is obvious
In the first six games he averaged nearly 15 possessions. Only kicked three or four goals tho. But given how s**t our delivery forward was perhaps that's understandable.

In the first six games he averaged nearly 15 possessions. Only kicked three or four goals tho. But given how s**t our delivery forward was perhaps that's understandable.

Gee that is shaping as a very ordinary draft crop. 65 drafted. 11 already delisted and a shitload with not many games next to their names after 3 completed seasons.

I'm ok with whoever al clarko plays as in there will be a reason for it. If he decrees Jack is playing you won't hear me arguing against.

l have noticed that Turner has NOT nominated for the 2022 AFL Draft but Anderson, Polec and Josh Walker have. Maybe there's something in it..:think: he could remain as our Whipping Boy..:rolleyes: as a rookie..

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more. Whipping boys are definitely in the eye of the beholder. Players I don't rate, others do and vice versa. I have been vocal in my love of Charlie and I really hope he makes it.
Dude you know AFP scan these sites yeh?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridiculous as it is to suggest the BnF winner, Jy Simpkin shutting a few posters up would be nice

He looked fit af when I popped past yesterday. The kid certainly won’t die wondering.
Thanks for the info. He certainly seems to be keen and have the right attitude. Hope the rewards come for him.

All Of Them GIF by MOODMAN

My man marns really been hard done by, firstly Clarko gets Dan Howe over who takes his whipping boy role, then on return pops his shoulder again. tough gig being an ex whipping boy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back