Game Day Grand Final. North Melbourne V Brisbane. Just you wait and see.

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as it’s sucks…and it does…..this team played brilliantly all season and to over come 2 sides on the way we couldn’t get past…phenomenal. twice we have nearly got this team…..and l believe we will get there….if we go back in our clubs history think of west coast in the early 90’s….eventually we cracked that nut…
If your walking away ripping into player x y z….just stop. Everyone even the greats have their crappy day….hello 98……They will be shattered and then next few days will hurt….get Around them…
But how awesome was that crowd…l wasn’t there but gee it looked brilliant…I’ll refrain from posting my ideas / hopes for next year….tonight it’s bugger but have a few drinks….and acknowledge we have a bloody good core group of players…and our club is no longer broken….that is all worth raising a glass to 🍺

The noise generated from the Shierlaw (Carey like) grab was awesome to hear
It was phenomenal, I lost my voice and went deaf at the same time, jumped out of my chair and went to sit back down forgetting it bloody popped up, almost broke my back, didn’t give a s**t.
Play of the day, an incredible grab

Not sure if anyone mentioned this during the game but what the * was up with Briony Dawson cheering on Brisbane on the big screen all afternoon?

Not trying to make excuses but the loss of Jenna Bruton was huge in the context of the game. She was missed for her toughness around the ball as well as the impact on the interchanges.

Out of it in the first 5 minutes which meant Brisbane had better capacity to freshen up their players through the interchange, on a warm, high humidity day. (The weather today, reminds me of 1998 and Fridge Roberts wearing short sleeves in unseasonal weather.)

I can't believe that after a week or two of cool, often wet weather here, Brisbane came to town to play in weather that they are much more used to. Not to mention that they had an extra days recovery on us.

And let's not assume we will just get the job done next year, having fallen at the final hurdle. Not a lot of teams makes amends a year later

Not trying to make excuses but the loss of Jenna Bruton was huge in the context of the game. She was missed for her toughness around the ball as well as the impact on the interchanges.

Out of it in the first 5 minutes which meant Brisbane had better capacity to freshen up their players through the interchange, on a warm, high humidity day. (The weather today, reminds me of 1998 and Fridge Roberts wearing short sleeves in unseasonal weather.)

I can't believe that after a week or two of cool, often wet weather here, Brisbane came to town to play in weather that they are much more used to. Not to mention that they had an extra days recovery on us.

And let's not assume we will just get the job done next year, having fallen at the final hurdle. Not a lot of teams makes amends a year later
I’d forgotten until it came up in Crock’s press conference that actually the last two AFLW premiers lost the GF the year before they won it.

One of the best atmospheres I’ve been apart of
Looked amazing on tv. Sunny day, fully energised North-majority crowd, Clarko and lots of the blokes there as well.

There were some really disappointing efforts in the last unfortunately. Reckon they were a bit fitter and stronger too. Regardless hopefully good for morale around the joint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was part of the problem. Instead of her leading up to the ball she was always in the back position. Our forwards were just not proactive enough at coming up to the kicker.
Yep our forwards randomly thought our mids can suddenly kick 50m

Play in front and not 50m away from the kicker. Or half forwards need to provide the short option more

Disappointing day, was so up and about for 3 qtrs and would have been awesome for my daughter to see a win. The main stand would have been rocking if we’d have won.

Looking forward to the lads now in March.

I remember standing next to Sarah Wright's family, by chance, during her AFLW debut back in R1 2020.

What I can tell you all is the criticism she has copped in here is hardly any different to the 'advice' she was receiving from beyond the fence that day (particularly via the old man)!

Not sure if anyone mentioned this during the game but what the * was up with Briony Dawson cheering on Brisbane on the big screen all afternoon?
Essendon flog.

Hopefully that's the end of idiotic conversations regarding equal pay.
Such conversations have never started.

You imagined the conversations, and therefore describing them as idiotic is probably quite apt.

It was phenomenal, I lost my voice and went deaf at the same time, jumped out of my chair and went to sit back down forgetting it bloody popped up, almost broke my back, didn’t give a s**t.
Play of the day, an incredible grab

Is there a good replay of that mark yet? I noted earlier in the gameday thread that was by far the best mark I've seen in AFLW. I want to see it (and replay angles) again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back