Game Day Grand Final. North Melbourne V Brisbane. Just you wait and see.

Remove this Banner Ad

As someone not heavily invested in the ladies game, I didn't think I'd be disappointed if we lost.....but I am. Really disappointed. Would have been great to add another trophy to the cabinet.

Anyway, I'll be following the girls more ardently next year. Should be a positive vibe around the whole club going into 2024.

Geez, some absolutely deplorable talk in here. Be better.

Anyway, credit to the lions they really turned it on in the last. Clean with the ball and could hit a target. We struggled to do that all day.
Jas was so good, she needed some mates to go with her.

Oh well. It was a fun season!

In terms of the game we struggle with physicality and getting enough reward for effort when we dominate.

Our forward line does not capitalise enenough.
You could have written this about any North side for the last 20 years and it would be accurate. Just seems to be the North way.

I’m so disappointed. Brisbane probably played better footy but our pressure was unbelievable. There was a couple of howlers from the umpires but I don’t think they necessarily changed the result. That will haunt me until my dying days
Depends what happens next season and the seasons after that for me.

I am so disappointed for the girls today, what a brilliant effort over the final series. I am gutted for them, my 3 girls, ages 6, 9 and 13 whom all cried at the end of todays game. Even I shed a tear.

My girls have not seen much success throughout their lives following the mighty Roos. It has indeed been the worse era I have seen in my life.

I am tremendously grateful to our women’s team for showing my girls what being a shinboner was all about today and over the last 4 weeks.

These women (the team) are such fantastic role models for my kids, I was so proud to be a north supporter today. I cannot but praise thier endeavours even though we failed to win today.

I must admit that I am a bandwagonner and have only really got into AFLW this season. My interest was fleeting at best over the years, for no other reason than not understanding the nuances of the women’s game. I now understand, mostly led by my 13 year old daughter. Not only has she reinvigorated me she has also invigorated her 2 siblings and have turned them into passionate supporters to the core. Where over the last few years their care factor had waned.

I have been so touched by what I have seen from the club during the week. The ‘one club’ message has really struck a cord with me and the messaging from my club, our club is the strongest I have seen it.

We lost today, that hurts, but above all the club has shown me that we are the most inclusive, most innovative, most passionate club in the land. We are so well led on and off field.

Be proud, be strong. Success is only around the corner. Today inspired me, inspired my girls. Thank you.

Go Roos!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great effort by the side - after losing one of our stars we pushed them all the way.
I’m not going to bag any players - the seasons done and they tried their guts out.

I’m proud of these girls - they’ve given us great joy in these last few years. We’ll be back

Last edited:
Commiserations to he diehards. But,

1. Ya had footy til near Christmas, a short break and it's the boys turn.
2. Ok maybe not so great it will be the boys turns soon. Oh I'll add this :p
3.Club financially has done well via sponsorship advertising.
4. Every other team bar Brissy would have been jealous of North today.

On the game, our transition is much better than the Lions. They're ability to clunk a mark is better than ours. If or had the ground been shorter we'd have won by ten goals.

I hope they look at changing the dimensions, not sure women ( not being disrespectful) will ever kick 50 metres. So the men can cover the ground with 4 kicks, for women it's 6. That's a huge difference. IMO of course.

And * Brissy as we darn well say:p

oh one of the blonde girls reminded me of John Byrne circa 1977, again not an insult.

Just saw the result. I'm guttered. Amazes me how many times the phrase "just ran out of legs" has been associated with the mighty blue & white - men and women.

Anyway, great atmosphere at the game. Should've been at Marvel IMO - the true home of football - for men & women.

I just saw the AFL website write up and O'Loughlin wasn't listed in our bests?

Did the writer watch with a blindfold on?
Funny coz the Age had her rated pretty well for her game…….then again it’s the afl website…..

I think we were bit cooked given how last weeks game went the way it did. It's an easy thing to suggest after the fact but when Bruton was gone early...I could over hear a supporter nearby suggesting that Kearney plays mainly on ball. May have helped....may have lost by a bigger margin....we'll never know

Garner did everything she could and no surprise wasn't awarded bog. Gets decapitated in the 3rd.....''play on'' lol

The noise generated from the Shierlaw (Carey like) grab was awesome to hear.

We go again! The girls are past the 'top teams' hoodoo now given how they've played this year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back