Game Day Grand Final. North Melbourne V Brisbane. Just you wait and see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a good replay of that mark yet? I noted earlier in the gameday thread that was by far the best mark I've seen in AFLW. I want to see it (and replay angles) again!
It was doing the rounds earlier on Twitter.

Is there a good replay of that mark yet? I noted earlier in the gameday thread that was by far the best mark I've seen in AFLW. I want to see it (and replay angles) again!
Stop saying stupid things. It was good mark but no where near as good as the mark of the year this year.

The Brions fan in front of me came very close to having a real problem on his hands. Directing his celebration in my face. C***.

Their fans are up there with some of the worst in the league.

I guess they have to be smug and arseholes because they can’t really use the classics like “tin rattlers” or “go to Tassie” because you know … they rolled over and let their club die

Full of confidence heading in due to the way we have finished the season as well as the first two finals.

We just couldn’t really get our game going today and still lead for most parts of it. Our pressure was good, but not great..tired legs perhaps. Our clearance work today I thought kept us in the game, however our run and link up play through getting numbers around the ball carrier was lacking. Bruton out early hurt us.

We seemed to fumble a lot around the contest which gave the lions a window to put us under pressure or get the footy back themselves.

They didn’t allow us to intercept in the backline which slowed down our rebound from defence.

Amazingly proud of the girls this season, they provided us with so much joy and inspiration. Took both our boys 3 and 1 to the game and they both loved it! Such an awesome atmosphere.

I guess they have to be smug and arseholes because they can’t really use the classics like “tin rattlers” or “go to Tassie” because you know … they rolled over and let their club die

That's not quite true when it comes to many old Royboys and Roygirls. We fought as hard as hell to save our club and sunk a bit of money into the cause in those days.

Of course many of us no longer support the so called replacement for Fitzroy (joke situation), so maybe you are right if you are talking about those who meekly switched to Brisbane.

we should have evened it up

Also we made the mistake of having Sarah Wright on Davidson in the last quarter , Ferguson should have been on her

Maybe Tahlia Randall should have been switched back to her old role in that last quarter. We were not getting the ball down to her and if nothing else there might have been a few sorer Brisbane players after the game.

Let’s assume she got it and kicked truely….15 point buffer l think..then who knows.that was a game changing moment right there….you could see in that last quarter a few of the gals losing it over the non head high calls,.,
wall in that Fonward line will be terrific…just need to look at some of the backs / mids after today..so very close…
It's interesting how we see it all a bit different. I feel like we're so impotent going into the 50. Randall has to snatch one, then it's a 30% chance she kicks it, or, we need to get a free within 20m of goal.

Like the men's side, we need someone with elite speed for the one out the back.

Opposition wings also seem to kill us? It's hard to gauge that stuff just off the tv as you can't see the unrewarded running off screen.

Flat as a tack over here.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe Tahlia Randall should have been switched back to her old role in that last quarter. We were not getting the ball down to her and if nothing else there might have been a few sorer Brisbane players after the game.
I'd love to get another KPF and then be able to throw her back. Needs a summer working with a goal kicking coach and psych? She looks to have minimal confidence in her set shot kicking for the last 2-3 seasons, which is ever since she moved forward, right?

It would be interesting to look at the stats, but didn't we miss a few crucial ones in the finals last year too? Missing easy goals kills you in this league ATM.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not sure why Martin played over Tripodi and Gavalas apart from for her pace perhaps?

She hasn’t looked like it at all and when we needed scoreboard pressure she was never going to get in the board for us.

Also thought O’Shea had a very disappointing finals series after a stellar year.

Hopefully their improvement moves into the big games next year.

We desperately need a lightning quick forward with some goal sense to give us some different looks up there.

To be fair though we were probably only one unlucky decision or two away from winning a flag.

Lots to like about us.

I had to put up with "Thank God we didn't merge with this mob" all afternoon. "They offered us nothing. We wouldn't have our jumper or song or be Lions"

I had to put up with "Thank God we didn't merge with this mob" all afternoon. "They offered us nothing. We wouldn't have our jumper or song or be Lions"
🤮 Not a peep until they got on top, then full of noise. They got lucky twice this year against us with injuries, enjoy the win but no call for arrogance.

Just be able to see your team play 15 times a year

And probably not have Dayne Zorko

We desperately need a lightning quick forward with some goal sense to give us some different looks up there.
I was surprised with Crock's use of Bella Eddey in the last two finals.

From what I understand she has been playing most season as the dangerous small forward but in last two weeks she seems to have played up the ground. Thereby allowing the opposition an outnumber in our F50? Only four posessions yesterday too.

Hah, they don’t even include Fitzroy’s premierships in their history. In the lead up to this years men’s GF it was all about Brisbane going for their fourth flag.

That’s some real Stockholm syndrome.

They shouldn’t even be allowed to use that song, it’s another country’s national anthem ffs and is very insulting to the cheese munching surrender monkeys

Apologies if it has already been posted but did we have a good turn out of Shinboners yesterday? (Even though it was only a 13k crowd) If so hopefully that translates to our men’s team when we start winning.

A sea of loud, proud & passionate ardent Shinboners. The nature of the stadium means it was wall to wall raucous Roos. With family & club Shinboners near the players race. Even when that top deck filled, it was all blue & white.

After the last few years, it was a sight for sore eyes.

A sea of loud, proud & passionate ardent Shinboners. The nature of the stadium means it was wall to wall raucous Roos. With family & club Shinboners near the players race. Even when that top deck filled, it was all blue & white.

After the last few years, it was a sight for sore eyes.
This is so good to hear!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back