Fan day

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey we usually have a few who go along. Any reports?

Yeah I went with my daughter.

Was pretty good. Feels like the club could do a bit more to promote it, but I also think that speaks to a larger issue about how poor the club's email contact list is.

Almost the entire men's list was there, and about half the women's list. As usual, every single player was incredibly approachable and happy for a chat.

I had some good chats with George Wardlaw, Griffin Logue, Toby Pink, Biggie Nyuon, and Will Phillips from the men's, and Bella Eddey, Tess Craven, and Jassy Gardner from the women's. Quick side note, Bella Eddey remembered my daughter's name and as such my daughter believes they're now best friends.

Clarko got up and gave a bit of a speech to open proceedings, and there wasn't much of particular note in his comments other than when he was asked what has excited him the most about heading into this season, he specifically said the guys entering their fourth and fifth years in the system appear to have taken a really significant jump, and he named Powell, Phillips and Comben as the three examples.

Few key takeaways from my chats with a few of the men's players:

• Griffin Logue is aiming to return "around the bye", and says he feels great and isn't really limited at all.
  • Toby Pink and Biggie both seem confident they're playing round 1. We'll see if they're right.
  • Will Phillips says he is the fittest he has ever been by far, and seems to be loving the club and footy after a couple of struggle years.
  • George Wardlaw is limping still and his ankle has some intense strapping. He was very non committal when I asked if he will play tomorrow, but said "I could go if I needed to". I strongly doubt he plays.
PXL_20240301_233930650.jpg

Was pretty good. Feels like the club could do a bit more to promote it, but I also think that speaks to a larger issue about how poor the club's email contact list is.

Almost the entire men's list was there, and about half the women's list. As usual, every single player was incredibly approachable and happy for a chat.

I had some good chats with George Wardlaw, Griffin Logue, Toby Pink, Biggie Nyuon, and Will Phillips from the men's, and Bella Eddey, Tess Craven, and Jassy Gardner from the women's. Quick side note, Bella Eddey remembered my daughter's name and as such my daughter believes they're now best friends.

Clarko got up and gave a bit of a speech to open proceedings, and there wasn't much of particular note in his comments other than when he was asked what has excited him the most about heading into this season, he specifically said the guys entering their fourth and fifth years in the system appear to have taken a really significant jump, and he named Powell, Phillips and Comben as the three examples.

• Griffin Logue is aiming to return "around the bye", and says he feels great and isn't really limited at all.
  • Toby Pink and Biggie both seem confident they're playing round 1. We'll see if they're right.
  • Will Phillips says he is the fittest he has ever been by far, and seems to be loving the club and footy after a couple of struggle years.
  • George Wardlaw is limping still and his ankle has some intense strapping. He was very non committal when I asked if he will play tomorrow, but said "I could go if I needed to". I strongly doubt he plays.
View attachment 1917641
from what l heard Wardlaw is not playing tomorrow...

Thread needs more Ruck and Will Phillips discussion

I will show myself out
Xerri said he will be wearing the helmet all season as he gets a lot of head knocks and doesn't want to end up with concussion.
Will Phillips loves his popcorn...He stayed as close to the popcorn stall for as long as he could eating the popcorn... :laughv1:

View attachment 1917641
Thanks Chadwiko much appreciated

First time taking junior who insisted on wearing his GSW hat, which was a great convo starter with many of fhe players. Wilphil had a good long chat about it, as did Pink, CC and CCJ.

Junior told Larkey, "you're my favourite player", CC told junior to get number 30 instead.

Bigs and Riley on the handball thingo, then remembered mini me an hour later at the player signing.

Was only there the last part, so can't comment on the first few hours.

Can I combine it by saying he couldn't do any worse than CCJ?
You Can Not No GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

First time taking junior who insisted on wearing his GSW hat, which was a great convo starter with many of fhe players. Wilphil had a good long chat about it, as did Pink, CC and CCJ.

Junior told Larkey, "you're my favourite player", CC told junior to get number 30 instead.

Bigs and Riley on the handball thingo, then remembered mini me an hour later at the player signing.

Was only there the last part, so can't comment on the first few hours.

GSW

Greater South West?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see majority of the aflw players there also

Those who attended: Birch, Slocombe, Stubs, Kearney, Shierlaw, garner, riddell, Bruton, gatt, Tripodi, king x 2, Burke, bresnehan, eddy, craven, smith, Ferguson, McGrath and Randall

Missing: O’loughlin, Wright, Pullar, Shannon
And obviously the Irish girls who are back home

Good to see majority of the aflw players there also

Those who attended: Birch, Slocombe, Stubs, Kearney, Shierlaw, garner, riddell, Bruton, gatt, Tripodi, king x 2, Burke, bresnehan, eddy, craven, smith, Ferguson, McGrath and Randall

Missing: O’loughlin, Wright, Pullar, Shannon
And obviously the Irish girls who are back home
Pullar was working...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back