Scape Goat Iva and Ben's BDSM dungeon of Gold Coast SUNS negativity

Remove this Banner Ad

Really… 🤣

I know, right.

That is the only communication from our membership department since Oct 14th.
An auto-reply.
As of right now, midday 27th Oct not a single reply has been sent to me by 'our' membership team.

A cynic might suggest the club couldn't care less if it grows a membership in the heartland of AFL footy.

I wish they'd make at least a token effort - I doubt if I can put up with anymore AFL funded (with free Tix allegedly) Facebook /Tik-Tok groups of bratty teens acting like complete dicks behind the goal.

How hard can it be to drop Vic membership prices to at least be close to pay-on-the-day tickets?

My partner pays $380 for Gold Hawthorn membership (guaranteed finals tix) which gets admission to all Hawthorn Vic home games plus 4 replacement games to replace the Tassie matches. Plus the Tassie games are free if she decides to go over.

That's 13 matches that she wants to watch for $380 - plus entry to 4 Tassie games if she wants to go.

For the 13 games - $29 each for L2 seating

Capture1.JPG

For $239 Vic members got entry to 4 Suns games - but still had to pay to get in at the Ballarat and Launceston games (Dogs and Hawks) - what use is entry to 7 non-Suns games and 3 at Metricon?

For the 4 games - $59.75 for L1 seating.

If I actually go to 7 random games then it only comes down to $22 which is GA prices anyway!

So there is no benefit at all to join.

Surely the better attraction to be a member is to charge $25 for L1 for the possible 4 games in Melb = $100 with the option of adding any Vic 'Country' or Tassie tix if you want to go at the release of fixtures?

If any want to go to Qld - then a simple 20% off POTD tix as a Vic member would be ample.

I have no idea why GCS membership think bunging in 7 Tix to random games in Vic (try getting a tix to Richmond / Collingwood in the AFL reserve - no chance - those 2 asterixes mean 'subject to competing clubs capacity' - although it doesn't actually state that on the published T&C unless you ask!!) is going to attract new people.

$239 isn't going to attract anyone when they can pay $88 GA tix for 4 games and get in easily.

$100 plus adding any country game is way more attractive.

2c

I know, right.

An auto-reply.
As of right now, midday 27th Oct not a single reply has been sent to me by 'our' membership team.

A cynic might suggest the club couldn't care less if it grows a membership in the heartland of AFL footy.

I wish they'd make at least a token effort - I doubt if I can put up with anymore AFL funded (with free Tix allegedly) Facebook /Tik-Tok groups of bratty teens acting like complete dicks behind the goal.

How hard can it be to drop Vic membership prices to at least be close to pay-on-the-day tickets?

My partner pays $380 for Gold Hawthorn membership (guaranteed finals tix) which gets admission to all Hawthorn Vic home games plus 4 replacement games to replace the Tassie matches. Plus the Tassie games are free if she decides to go over.

That's 13 matches that she wants to watch for $380 - plus entry to 4 Tassie games if she wants to go.

View attachment 1544075

For $239 Vic members got entry to 4 Suns games - but still had to pay to get in at the Ballarat and Launceston games (Dogs and Hawks) - what use is entry to 7 non-Suns games and 3 at Metricon?

If I actually go to 7 random games then it only comes down to $22 which is GA prices anyway!

Surely the better attraction to be a member is to charge $25 for L1 for the possible 4 games in Melb = $100 with the option of adding any Vic 'Country' or Tassie tix if you want to go at the release of fixtures?

If any want to go to Qld - then a simple 20% off POTD tix as a Vic member would be ample.

I have no idea why GCS membership think bunging in 7 Tix to random games in Vic (try getting a tix to Richmond / Collingwood in the AFL reserve - no chance - those 2 asterixes mean 'subject to competing clubs capacity' - although it doesn't actually state that on the published T&C unless you ask!!) is going to attract new people.

$239 isn't going to attract anyone when they can pay $88 GA tix for 4 games and get in easily.

2c
vic members (all those on here at least) should coordinate an email to the membership dept and heck mark evans saying its crap, not value and they wont join up as no point

vic members (all those on here at least) should coordinate an email to the membership dept and heck mark evans saying its crap, not value and they wont join up as no point

Most of us have regularly emailed but get the same response as above.

I used to get Victorian suns membership but waste of money when it never covered all the Victorian games anyway. I swapped to $80 non game day membership for a couple years now get 3 game home membership and sunscreamer away which is pretty useless also

I just give them $50 for the non-game membership.

My bro-in-law is in the 200 game club so get free tickets in the AFL reserve anytime I want so is pointless paying for games memberships for myself at least.

I just give them $50 for the non-game membership.

My bro-in-law is in the 200 game club so get free tickets in the AFL reserve anytime I want so is pointless paying for games memberships for myself at least.
Same here....$50 for o/s Membership and last yr I paid the extra $125 and that gave me access to "watchAFL", which shows all AFL and AFLW games and all the Fox footy shows plus Brownlow and draft night...

I know, right.

An auto-reply.

View attachment 1544075

2c
I sent an email off and passing onto them the dissatisfaction shown here, regarding Vic memberships....here is part of the email I just received back today...

"We’ve received that similar feedback regarding the Victorian SUNS membership and will look into that that for future seasons. As we have already finalised everything for our 2023 packages, we are unable to change the benefits at the moment but will look into it for future seasons".

I sent an email off and passing onto them the dissatisfaction shown here, regarding Vic memberships....here is part of the email I just received back today...

"We’ve received that similar feedback regarding the Victorian SUNS membership and will look into that that for future seasons. As we have already finalised everything for our 2023 packages, we are unable to change the benefits at the moment but will look into it for future seasons".
Re-active rather than pro-active. Hopefully they'll actually do something for 2023 but will probably lose a few more in the interim.

PRICE DROP!

Got this today (better late than never!)

Thank you for contacting the SUNS membership team.

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner as we’ve been really busy with 2023 renewals.

Our 3-Game General Admission memberships are priced at $75. We also have a 6-Game General Admission membership for $135.

With our 3-Game GA, we dropped the price of this package down from $89 to $75 as we understand the cost of living has increased.

$75 now for GA admission to 3 games. Better than nothing - I'll take it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mac Andrew arrested.
DD apparently.
south-park-its-gone.gif

The Gold Coast is always going to tempt certain people to engage in such behaviour.
Silly comment, IMO.

What does Gold Coast have to do with DUI? People get caught everywhere all the time especially during holidays.

Stupid decision by Mac. Just like Harbrow did when he was 30 (and still considered a role model by most). You would hope that Mac learns his lesson.

Last edited:
Was he even on the GC or back home in Melbourne?
I’m sure 99% of people have driven and actually been over the limit, although very few would get caught.

Let’s hope it helps him realise how tenuous an AFL career can be.

Sorry for the delayed reply but I’ve been onto them for a few years about Vic membership because not just the price but the fact we are forced to get the extra games are ridiculous. There should be a Suns Victorian membership that caters for all games in Vic. No games extra at the MCG of non competing teams.

For a few years I took the away sunscreamer option but it only gave me access to 2 games and then to purchase the extra games on my own in the Suns cheer squad area was completely overpriced.

Silly comment, IMO.

What does Gold Coast have to do with DUI? People get caught everywhere all the time especially during holidays.

Stupid decision by Mac. Just like Harbrow did when he was 30 (and still considered a role model by most). You would hope that Mac learns his lesson.

Not knowing the exact circumstances but being a 19 year old presumably he’d still be on p plates so could be possible he’d been drinking the previous day/night and still was in system and was an honest mistake thinking he maybe clear who knows

Not knowing the exact circumstances but being a 19 year old presumably he’d still be on p plates so could be possible he’d been drinking the previous day/night and still was in system and was an honest mistake thinking he maybe clear who knows

Admittedly with my Suns blinkers on this is likely what happened. I think the article said it was in the morning. Likely had a big one, went to sleep and then thought he was ok to drive and as you stated, would still be on his Ps meaning he needed to read at 0.00%

Admittedly with my Suns blinkers on this is likely what happened. I think the article said it was in the morning. Likely had a big one, went to sleep and then thought he was ok to drive and as you stated, would still be on his Ps meaning he needed to read at 0.00%
Usually when they say the early hours of the morning they mean between midnight and 4am.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back