Scape Goat Iva and Ben's BDSM dungeon of Gold Coast SUNS negativity

Remove this Banner Ad

It was always going to hurt watching rankine tear it up but he made his choice and I can't knock the club for the stand they took.

You can knock them for basically getting nothing for him though. Effectively moved up 2 spots in the draft and that's it, because they gave away pick 7, which in the end, they didn't need to do, a second rounder would have done the job. Lunacy.

Who was buying these cloggers you are talking about?
Beware below laced with hyperbole and may trigger

Who will buy it? Everyone when we sprinkle the deal with top draft picks, 2x cloggers and next years first would have had clubs salivating. It would be another Craig Cameron master stroke it goes a little like this, sign a player based on potential to a contract that only makes sense if he exceeds expectations ( Bowes, 2MP, Brodie, MacPherson, Atkins, Thompson, etc) and then when it doesn’t work out sell them and their massive contract for a 4th rounder or a sweetener of an elite draft pick, brilliant . final step pat yourself on the back for changing the paradigm and being in front of the curve. 👏👏👏👏

Meanwhile players that leave flourish under conditions where they are celebrated for what they bring not what they can’t do while Dew and Cameron give each other reach around

Gonna be quiet in here this week. Hope the boys had a good solid session last night to celebrate Dave's 200 and nobody drives home or does anything silly that can be reported on in here. Should be a good vibe and hopefully that can grow with another win next week.

Gonna be quiet in here this week. Hope the boys had a good solid session last night to celebrate Dave's 200 and nobody drives home or does anything silly that can be reported on in here. Should be a good vibe and hopefully that can grow with another win next week.
just missed out on harley reid drafting rights tho ;)

I'm very surprised that Dew's idea of playing 18 tall forwards didn't work, whaddya know, he brings in some smalls and speed and things change. The idea was lunacy from day dot, cost any hope of winning early, makes me question his footy IQ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m struggling to get past not giving Izak what he needed to stay
I doubt Rosas Jeffrey and Ace will muster more coaches votes combined in the whole season than Ranks got last week
Could have sold them all off , paid him and picked up the usual suspects from State League to cover break glass
But Moneyball right?
I promise I’ll move on
Not sure when though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m struggling to get past not giving Izak what he needed to stay
I doubt Rosas Jeffrey and Ace will muster more coaches votes combined in the whole season than Ranks got last week
Could have sold them all off , paid him and picked up the usual suspects from State League to cover break glass
But Moneyball right?
I promise I’ll move on
Not sure when though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Who knows he would stay even if we offered 1M. He seemed determined to go back home to Adelaide and play for Crows. I prefer to spend money on players committed to the club like Rowell.

After 4 years, he still seems not to be able spending significant minutes in the middle based on first 3 games.

To put Jonas on Rankine and later Farrell - Is Hinkley insane? It got to be physical, fast player like Starcevich. I sure don't want Hinkley to replace Dew if our season goes downhill.

Last edited:
Who knows he would stay even if we offered 1M. He seemed determined to go back to Adelaide and play for Crows. I prefer to spend money on players committed to the club like Rowell.

After 4 years, he still seems not to be able to spend significant minutes in the middle bases on first 3 games.

To put Jonas on Rankine and later Farrell - Is Hinkley insane? It got to be physical, fast player like Starcevich. I sure don't want Hinkley to replace Dew if our season goes downhill.
He was still hanging around GC well after the trade was done.
Only went for 3 years not the reported 5

Signs are there he regretted his decision but once your so far down a track it’s hard to come back

He was still hanging around GC well after the trade was done.
Only went for 3 years not the reported 5

Signs are there he regretted his decision but once your so far down a track it’s hard to come back
Who knows, just speculations. He made decision for whatever reasons. Would I pay him more than Miller and so on? No. But that's just me.

I definitely moved on. Still enjoy watching him.

Who knows he would stay even if we offered 1M. He seemed determined to go back to Adelaide and play for Crows. I prefer to spend money on players committed to the club like Rowell.

After 4 years, he still seems not to be able to spend significant minutes in the middle bases on first 3 games.

I guess I would have thrown the bath the bathwater and the kitchen sink at him.He wins matches.Winning breeds a "Stay" culture.Rowell Anderson King Ballard all buy in at a lower price.Rankine's next contract he looks at through a different prism.Anyway you are right.Just useless painful speculation now.For me having him on our team was such a prize.It was like watching Wheels Bennell play.What's he going to do next?

I guess I would have thrown the bath the bathwater and the kitchen sink at him.He wins matches.Winning breeds a "Stay" culture.Rowell Anderson King Ballard all buy in at a lower price.Rankine's next contract he looks at through a different prism.Anyway you are right.Just useless painful speculation now.For me having him on our team was such a prize.It was like watching Wheels Bennell play.What's he going to do next?
He sure is unbelievable talent and we watch the game just to see what he will do.

But if you look at how Starcevich played on him successfully in the past he can be limited. He disappeared in the first 2 games after some good moments. Unless he can play in the middle (I doubt he will ever be able) is he worth 800K+? Is he another Eddie Betts or will he become better?

Have a feeling we could of thrown 1m a season at Rankine and he still would of gone to Adelaide.
Oh yeah I get that feeling too- but more money would have at least made it harder for him
Spilt milk and all that
It's just awful having to watch our small forwards running around like farts in a milk bottle knowing what might have been
Out of all the players that have left he hurt the most
Lynch May Prestia Scrimshaw particularly Caddy and Ablett - no tears just a boot up their butts to help them on their way
And I know it cut Dewy really deep

Oh yeah I get that feeling too- but more money would have at least made it harder for him
Spilt milk and all that
It's just awful having to watch our small forwards running around like farts in a milk bottle knowing what might have been
Out of all the players that have left he hurt the most
Lynch May Prestia Scrimshaw particularly Caddy and Ablett - no tears just a boot up their butts to help them on their way
And I know it cut Dewy really deep

You throw too much money at a player to keep them and you end up like the giants with majority of the cap spent on a handful of players. It’s taken many years to get the list somewhat balanced

Under Dew:
Carlton - dumped coach and gone past us
Saints - dumped coach and gone past us
North - dumped coach and gone past us
Collingwood - dumped coach and gone past us
Bombers - dumped coach and gone past us
Freo - dumped coach and gone past us

It’s time to get it done before another season goes to waste.

Bob East needs to show a pair as the new chairman and do a full clean out - Dew, Dews hand picked assistants, Evans, Craig Cameron - burn the lot of them and give someone with some ideas a go before we lose another wave of talented players.

If we were a bigger club with a louder membership this would be done by now

Under Dew:
Carlton - dumped coach and gone past us
Saints - dumped coach and gone past us
North - dumped coach and gone past us
Collingwood - dumped coach and gone past us
Bombers - dumped coach and gone past us
Freo - dumped coach and gone past us

It’s time to get it done before another season goes to waste.

Bob East needs to show a pair as the new chairman and do a full clean out - Dew, Dews hand picked assistants, Evans, Craig Cameron - burn the lot of them and give someone with some ideas a go before we lose another wave of talented players.

If we were a bigger club with a louder membership this would be done by now
Chuck in the crows too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back