Scape Goat Iva and Ben's BDSM dungeon of Gold Coast SUNS negativity

Remove this Banner Ad

In all seriousness, with clarkson signed, and lyon too (and both winning first two games), who would we target now? Who is available? Good assistant coach somewhere?

Only recent senior ones i can think of are buckley, cameron, who else is there?
Don Pyke, ex crows coach got Rory Atkins to a grand final. Current assistant to John Longmire who heaps the praise on him

I'm starting to think we will never make finals. The only solace i have at the moment is that last year's premiers still haven't won a game aswell ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you think he’s learnt?
When I listen to him talk he talks alot more about attacking football, which is something he has seriously lacked as a coach. Also think it has knocked his ego down a few pegs.
I know a lot of people don't like him but players really played for him when he was coach and he got a lot out of that Collingwood team.

I'm starting to think we will never make finals. The only solace i have at the moment is that last year's premiers still haven't won a game aswell ;)

To double down on the negatives to fit the thread:

after 2 games not only are we starting well behind most of our direct competition, we are starting from the same position as the Cats and Dogs. If it was the Mellbourne Cup, only the drunks and the connections would bet on us for finals.

Leppitsch? Everywhere he has been since his first coaching stint (when he was too young) he has been really successful.

Buckley the preferred option, Hinkley the most likely though imo.

Last edited:
St kilda and Lyon on top of the ladder.
Suns kept there coach and sit dead last.
Makes you wonder… what if.
Saints are a team that have underperformed for some time considering their list build the last 5 years. They do look ok though so far under Ross the Boss, especially with key injuries.

It is something to ponder, for sure.

It was always going to hurt watching rankine tear it up but he made his choice and I can't knock the club for the stand they took.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back