Jack Darling

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good to see him perform on a pretty big stage after a lot of criticism on this prior. Has matured a lot and so I guess this is a natural progression for when a guy does mature - genuine consistency and proper preparation.

Genuine gun and wouldn't argue with those saying he`s having a better season than Brown.

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
Good to see him perform on a pretty big stage after a lot of criticism on this prior. Has matured a lot and so I guess this is a natural progression for when a guy does mature - genuine consistency and proper preparation.

Genuine gun and wouldn't argue with those saying he`s having a better season than Brown.

Brown easily the FF. Darlo easily the CHF.

The 2015 Grand Final will of course define him for many of the pundits here but this game plus the elimination final last year showed that he can step it up when it matters.

Quietly confident he can keep this up, absolute gun this season. Not just the goals, but the tackling, pressure acts and score involvements.

If the AA was being done right now Brown and Darling would be the undisputed two KPFs.

Yep agree. Although when Buddy has played this year he has looked unstoppable..

Yeah, tore us a new one in Round 1 and I suspect we won't be the last. Has missed a few and may take a while to hit top gear but definitely always in the mix.

At the moment just chuffed that Darling is shutting up the critics.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Holy s**t All-Australian form is Hungry Jack. Was willing that last one in for him to make it lucky number 7 but he missed another sitter.

Acinath

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Couldn’t stand the bloke, thought he was soft, went missing and the image of him dropping a chest mark in the GF was firmly burnt into my brain.

This year, I’m still not convinced it’s even the same bloke. Great hands, reliable and absolutely flying.

Good on him, finally getting it together.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Credit to him, been a whipping boy on here for years. Early numbers suggested he was outstanding and now coming into his prime.

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
Finally putting it together. Hes a frustrating player, but hes found consistency this year and the confidence to go to another level.

The thing is, he has been consistent. Hes averaged over 40 goals a year in his career. But now, yes, hes taken it to an elite class.

Couldn’t stand the bloke, thought he was soft, went missing and the image of him dropping a chest mark in the GF was firmly burnt into my brain.

This year, I’m still not convinced it’s even the same bloke. Great hands, reliable and absolutely flying.

Good on him, finally getting it together.

that chest mark

jack-darling-dropped-mark.jpg

Back