No Oppo Supporters Jack Watts - Traded to PA for pick 31, Thanks Jack

Jack Watts?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one Deemanding. That's actually a stronger group overall than I was expecting. But Jack sits well within it, and would stack up well one v one, in terms of regular impact on games, with all bar the top 5 or so, I'd say.

It does go to show that if you aren't very good then it's difficult to make it past 100 games. Could just about build the All Australian team from that list.

...Jonesy...
Man, first joint Norm, Jack and Jonesy.
I don't even know if Coldplay would cut it for the montage of all the footage of those two coming off with their heads down for ten years then fade into trophy aloft with the two norms.
I'm thinking Green Day - time of your life.
s**t I'm tearing up already.

Just thinking of the fade back to Bruce in the studio still looking down at the monitor at the montage with that sentimental smile and saying "and geez they deserve it too don't they?"

AFL tables always good for this...

Martin, Dustin RI 165
Butler, Sam WC 165
Mumford, Shane GE/SY/GW 163
Rance, Alex RI 162
Jacobs, Sam CA/AD 161
Houli, Bachar ES/RI 161
Zaharakis, David ES 159
Ziebell, Jack NM 159
Schofield, Will WC 159
Broadbent, Matthew PA 158
Garlett, Jeff CA/ME 158
McEvoy, Ben SK/HW 158
Cunnington, Ben NM 156
Rich, Daniel BL 155
Shiels, Liam HW 154
Redden, Jack BL/WC 153
Sloane, Rory AD 153
Geary, Jarryn SK 153
Goldsack, Tyson CW 152
Armitage, David SK 152
Breust, Luke HW 151
Kreuzer, Matthew CA 151
Hansen, Lachlan NM 150
Robinson, Mitch CA/BL 149
Watts, Jack ME 149
Bastinac, Ryan NM/BL 149
Blair, Jarryd CW 149
Smith, Isaac HW 147
White, Matt RI/PA 147
Duncan, Mitch GE 147
Henderson, Lachie BL/CA/GE 146
Suban, Nick FR 146
Stratton, Ben HW 146
Trengove, Jackson PA 146
Hooker, Cale ES 145
Shuey, Luke WC 145
Puopolo, Paul HW 145
Jetta, Lewis SY/WC 144
Atley, Shaun NM 144
Steven, Jack SK 144
Rockliff, Tom BL 144
Selwood, Scott WC/GE 144
Gaff, Andrew WC 144
de Boer, Matt FR/GW 142
Armfield, Dennis CA 142
Brown, Nathan CW/SK 142
Walker, Taylor AD 141
Parker, Luke SY 139
Darling, Jack WC 139
Gunston, Jack AD/HW 139
Barlow, Michael FR/GC 138
Beams, Dayne CW/BL 138
Scully, Tom ME/GW 138
Mackenzie, Eric WC 137
Hartlett, Hamish PA 137
The theory that there aren't many crap players playing 150 games holds pretty true there.

There's also not an individual on that list that has copped half the scrutiny and general bullshit that Jack has endured.

An absolute champion. I can proudly say that I kept faith in him (possibly from a lack of options, but I never thought we should get rid of him).

Tom Boyd being the deserving NS medallist didn't do anything for him
Anyone with a clue recognises he was worth the bulldogs money for that game alone though
I don't even know if Coldplay would cut it for the montage of all the footage of those two coming off with their heads down for ten years then fade into trophy aloft with the two norms.

Just thinking of the fade back to Bruce in the studio still looking down at the monitor at the montage with that sentimental smile and saying "and geez they deserve it too don't they?"
Feel like it's more likely cut back to BT saying "and boy <insert other team> were hard done by today, tragic stuff"

That'd be perfect thanks.

Just thinking off the top me head, is watts the second highest dees games player currently in the best 22?

Edit: holy smokes he is.

Anyone with a clue recognises he was worth the bulldogs money for that game alone though

Feel like it's more likely cut back to BT saying "and boy <insert other team> were hard done by today, tragic stuff"

Disagree. Who says they lose if he doesn't play. His salary might cost them 2 more down the line.

Disagree. Who says they lose if he doesn't play. His salary might cost them 2 more down the line.
Yeah it's ******* ridiculous. They could have drafted Peter Wright in 2014 who had a much better 2016 than Boyd, and they'd probably have still won the flag. Or Redpath might have stepped up. Or they could have traded for any other key forward that won't spud it up for the rest of his career. All Boyd brought them was some structure

Yeah it's ******* ridiculous. They could have drafted Peter Wright in 2014 who had a much better 2016 than Boyd, and they'd probably have still won the flag. Or Redpath might have stepped up. Or they could have traded for any other key forward that won't spud it up for the rest of his career. All Boyd brought them was some structure

Yeah. For the record, I'm not saying that the statement of Boyd being the deciding factor in that flag is incorrect. I'm merely saying that there are other explanations that may also be correct.

Even if he definitively was, the longer term consequences and trade offs aren't yet known, with possibilities that are good for WB and bad for WB.

Its the concept that to be open to other possibilities means I don't have a clue I arced up at.

This would encapsulate it all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weird to lose two of our most durable players (in injury terms) the same week, but that's footy. Hopefully I can break out the #4 jumper for him under lights at the MCG next week against Sydney. Anyone want to do the numbers on how many Friday night games he's played to this point in his career? I'm thinking I'll need one hand and probably not even all the fingers...

Weird to lose two of our most durable players (in injury terms) the same week, but that's footy. Hopefully I can break out the #4 jumper for him under lights at the MCG next week against Sydney. Anyone want to do the numbers on how many Friday night games he's played to this point in his career? I'm thinking I'll need one hand and probably not even all the fingers...
Uhhh...Richmond 2015, Hawthorn 2012...uhh...

(I wouldn't dare to mention this on the MB) but right now based on everything you know and with where they both seem to be at - would you take Wattsy ahead of NicNat still?
SEN (Plough and Andy Maher albeit) while doing their round 14 previews both said they'd prefer Watts and I tend to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back