Jake King

Remove this Banner Ad

May 8, 2003
Hamish Paradise
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Islanders, Nuggets
Seriously, how is this bloke still on an AFL list?
What are his strengths?
When I see a spud like King on an AFL list, and a bloke like Daniel Harris not for 2010, I can only scratch my head.
Most clubs have delisted far better players than him.
They could have kept Bowden or Coughlan for another year if they needed someone to fill a spot.
It's a bizarre world at times in the AFL...I better not think about how the plodding Anvil has played more than 200 games while the composed Nathan Grima had to wait until his early 20s to be drafted, lest my head explodes.

It shows how bad Richmond are. They delisted the maximum allowed (9?) and still had to keep guys of this calibre.

He is at least physical which is something Richmond lack, Hardwick turned over 14 blokes last year, really hard to expect half of those he replaced to come good, it is probably more a statement that if you go in hard you will be given more of a chance to prove yourself than if you are a soft receiver.

They probably wont struggle to find 10 blokes to de-list this year either, after 2 or 3 years I think the vast majority of Wallace's group will be gone, he will just have those around that he thinks will make it.

What has Jake King got to do with North?:confused:
Inpersonating an AFL footballer-but if that was the hanging offence 9 out 10 Richmond players whould be for the short jump.

It's a bizarre world at times in the AFL...I better not think about how the plodding Anvil has played more than 200 games while the composed Nathan Grima had to wait until his early 20s to be drafted, lest my head explodes.

Now now Scotty, you can never have too much Anvil
[YOUTUBE]tGoDixk8VB4[/YOUTUBE]

The key attributes of King is that:
- Has a good name. Should get rid of the first name.
- Is physical and 'unorthodox'.
- Not afraid of geting into trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, how is this bloke still on an AFL list?
What are his strengths?
When I see a spud like King on an AFL list, and a bloke like Daniel Harris not for 2010, I can only scratch my head.
Most clubs have delisted far better players than him.
They could have kept Bowden or Coughlan for another year if they needed someone to fill a spot.

Whilst I agree with what you have said, I wouldn't say that we are in any position to be talking about this with some of the spuds that we had/still have on our list. No need to name names because it will only stir up a wholeeeeeeeeeee heap of trouble lol.

He punched Didak. There's not a club in the league* that would delist a player who punched Alan Didak, no matter how bad a player he is.

*Nope, not even Collingwood.

Whilst I agree with what you have said, I wouldn't say that we are in any position to be talking about this with some of the spuds that we had/still have on our list. No need to name names because it will only stir up a wholeeeeeeeeeee heap of trouble lol.

Too scared to mention Hansen?

2 years ago Round 1 v us at the G - he actually played OK and got BOG for them, then he appeared in a 2 page spread in the Hun during the week and maybe even the footy show, it all went to his head and hasnt done a thing since....says more about Richmond than King himself

2 years ago Round 1 v us at the G - he actually played OK and got BOG for them, then he appeared in a 2 page spread in the Hun during the week and maybe even the footy show, it all went to his head and hasnt done a thing since....says more about Richmond than King himself

He got BOG despite Jones and Grant kicking bags on him?

apologies it was the week before in the season opener against Carlton he got BOG, I think the media were talking him up leading into our game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back