Coach James Hird - is it time to give him a second chance at coaching an AFL club? Gil says yes!

Should James Hird be given a second chance at coaching an AFL club?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Therein lies the rub.

He believed it, whilst there appears limited evidence it actually does what he believed it did.
Jobe Watson's words in November 2011, not long after Dank arrived at EFC, and only a few weeks after Dank had ordered a whole bunch of PED's that he claims never landed at Essendon.

"The boys have certainly had their eyes opened to the changes in body shape in only 2 weeks".

Body shape changes in 2 weeks!? 😳

Early January a Bomber poster kick starts a thread on this very board called ‘players who are becoming huge at your club’, with a flurry of pics of beefed up Bombers.

11 posts in, this response said it all.

“They look like they've been on the gear to be honest.”

Jobe Watson's words in November 2011, not long after Dank arrived at EFC, and only a few weeks after Dank had ordered a whole bunch of PED's that he claims never landed at Essendon.

"The boys have certainly had their eyes opened to the changes in body shape in only 2 weeks".

Early January a Bomber poster kick starts a thread on this very board called ‘players who are becoming huge at your club’, with a flurry of pics of beefed up Bombers.

I still remember how physical they were in Round 4, 2012. We were flying then these juiced up players, who have never been so strong and physical in their lives, pretty much ruined Carrazzo's career. They fronted up four days later and lost to Collingwood in the ANZAC day match by just a point. Four days and it looked like they fully recovered for that (which had alarm bells ringing at ASADA).

I still remember how physical they were in Round 4, 2012. We were flying then these juiced up players, who have never been so strong and physical in their lives, pretty much ruined Carrazzo's career. They fronted up four days later and lost to Collingwood in the ANZAC day match by just a point. Four days and it looked like they fully recovered for that (which had alarm bells ringing at ASADA).

I can also remember Ratten complaining about his fitness people after his team got rag dolled.

Ah yes, the eye test. They then fell in a heap due to soft tissue injuries.

Can't have been all that good.

As I said; we're not talking steroid and EPO level doping.

Short term results.

You're certainly up and about at the moment though. Clearly Hird being on the GWS coaching panel has aroused you.

Therein lies the rub.

He believed it, whilst there appears limited evidence it actually does what he believed it did.
Can't believe Essendon fans still go on with this stuff. If it was my club I'd be demanding Hird, Reid, Thomson etc be banned for life - but the Essendon nuffies are trying to have them canonised for running a systematic doping program. Unbelievable.

Hird would be a very good coach, needs to be reintroduced subtly, if given a fresh opportunity, has all the traits to be very successful , has endured the pain too of falling out bitterly, so it’s obvious to me he loves footy and will endure any challenge to get another opportunit.

Can't believe Essendon fans still go on with this stuff. If it was my club I'd be demanding Hird, Reid, Thomson etc be banned for life - but the Essendon nuffies are trying to have them canonised for running a systematic doping program. Unbelievable.

You mean how I've said Hird shouldn't be a Head Coach again?

Anything else you want to make up that I haven't said?

Ah yes, the eye test. They then fell in a heap due to soft tissue injuries.

Can't have been all that good.

As I said; we're not talking steroid and EPO level doping.

Short term results.

You're certainly up and about at the moment though. Clearly Hird being on the GWS coaching panel has aroused you.
I enjoy calling out bullshit. 🥳

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They all, Hird included, believed it.

The results on Essendon players spoke for themselves. And I'd dare say the results previously achieved by Dank and Robinson were also pretty convincing.

At Gold Coast?

Geelong maybe.

I don't buy the line Dank was some kind of doping mastermind like Victor Conte or Michele Ferrari who were genuinely at the forefront of their fields.

Robbo
Watson

this is happening. Very slim chance it's Essendon, but GWS is looking likely.
not too dissimilar to last time

he joined the Giants
Robbo hints
pressure ramps on Cameron
Then he's gone
Begin the campaign.
This could be a great new strategy from the Essendon media mafia.

Rather than just being content at ruining their own club they could spread their talents to the rest of the comp. Drag everyone down to the Bombers level.

Get Hirdy in at the Giants. Push Dewy out and have Mark Harvey coach the Suns. Bomber would fit in well at the Eagles too.

Back