News James Rahilly departs Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Such Victorian w@nk. There are good schools here. There are great schools here. There are prestigious schools here.
Victorian are so thoroughly convinced by their own superiority they have little knowledge of the outside world. They are the Australian version of America.
All well and good to say this, and I agree, but the reality is this does happen.

If you have a choice of two jobs, never lived in Adelaide with your kids in a top Victorian school (or NSW) you ain't uprooting your family to move here.

I have seen this first hand.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

All well and good to say this, and I agree, but the reality is this does happen.

If you have a choice of two jobs, never lived in Adelaide with your kids in a top Victorian school (or NSW) you ain't uprooting your family to move here.

I have seen this first hand.

Absolutely no doubt it happens. It's just so pathetic.

You seem to be intimating that Melbourne is a better place to live than Adelaide? Given the age profile and family status of most people in the coaching demographic, I would have thought Adelaide is a fantastically compelling alternative to Melbourne (at least for some of them).
Not if they have family and friends already in Melbourne.

Adelaide isn't particularly an attractive option, unless there's family or similar drawing you there.

I don’t think Burns has done a great job with the defence, as the Snr Asst he should be looking after the mids

At least our new defence coach played in defence and should be able to transfer his playing experience to the players

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why should the senior assistant be looking after the mids?

If anything, they shouldn't have to also be a line coach.

Such Victorian w@nk. There are good schools here. There are great schools here. There are prestigious schools here.
Victorian are so thoroughly convinced by their own superiority they have little knowledge of the outside world. They are the Australian version of America.
You shouldn't blame Victorians. The rest of Australia thinks that about Adelaide, and some of it is fair enough.

One thing I have seen in a different industry(medical) is attracting high calibre people who have never lived here with families to SA.

No private school in SA is as good as the best private schools in Melbourne. Academically maybe. But in terms of prestige...nope.

For whatever reason, both clubs here in SA struggle to attract assistants that have never lived here and/or wanted in Victoria.

Not just assistant Coaches: Grundy's wife; a COVID nurse, would not move to the city of churches.

Not just assistant Coaches: Grundy's wife; a COVID nurse, would not move to the city of churches.
Yep, it’s difficult for a few on the crows thread to accept, but Adelaide is pretty much at the bottom of the desirability list for the vast majority of Australians. I’ve never really heard anyone in the corporate world say they want to move to Adelaide without some strong connection. Whereas I’ve heard plenty of people say they want to move to SEQ, Tasmania, North QLD etc for the weather or lifestyle.

I’m Adelaide born and raised but have lived away for 20 years and would never move back. Everyone has their own reasons, but the common theme I hear from other ex-Adelaide people is the lack of opportunity, inherent conservatism and lack of vibrancy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back