Recommitted James Sicily [re-signed for 5 years]

I wonder how many teams will offer him a big contract? More than half of the teams last year didn’t really do much at all. You’d think teams like Sydney, St Kilda, Fremantle, Gold Coast and even Essendon will all have plenty of cap space.

I wonder how many teams will offer him a big contract? More than half of the teams last year didn’t really do much at all. You’d think teams like Sydney, St Kilda, Fremantle, Gold Coast and even Essendon will all have plenty of cap space.
We don't need him

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd kill to have him at the Dogs. Very few players I wouldn't give up to get him

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
St Kilda need some height down back.
Yes, height. Not yet another 3rd-tall type. Already have Wilkie, Highmore and Battle who fit that mould. Plus Coffield, who’s better suited to a flank, but also around 191cm and an elite intercept mark.

Depending on how Battle goes at CHB this year (returning there for basically the first time since he held down that position well at 20yo), we want someone who’s a genuine “KPD”, if he doesn’t prove good enough.

I think ideally someone who’s best suited to FB, to free Howard up to play more of an intercepting and distributing game across CHB.

He’d be Essendon’s best defender. lol
Talk about precious. I'll take Ridley thanks, that doesn't mean I don't think Sicily is a gun because he is a gun defender, he just doesn't fit our back 6. Be a total waste at Essendon.

186cm (AFL site)
27yo coming off a knee reconstruction

So will play 2023 as a 28yo
Who will offer a contract capable of triggering first round compensation ?
The offers didn’t flow at the hawks dispersal sale this year …
I think he remains a hawk.
that was his draft height, he's 190cm now but has an a very long wingspan for his height.

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
From what I've heard Freo and GC have less cap room than we think.

How’s that even possible? Fremantle would have Fyfe, Mundy and Walters who are on big money, but that’s it.

At a guess Gold Coast would have King, Rowell, Swallow and Lukosius.

Gold Coast dont have much because they are constantly overpaying to keep vic kids. Freo would have cap room though even with taking on brodies contract and clark theyve had a lot of cap walk out the door in recent years they will br fine for space.

Back