January 26

Should the celebration of January 26 cease?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just don't understand why our most patriotic day is the day Brittain put a British flag in the ground and claimed it for their King.

Other similar countries national day is the day they broke away from Brittain. We should follow suit.
I wouldn't say I'm hugely passionate about this debate, I'm not particularly phased but I'd be happy to have an arbitrary day in summer to celebrate Australia. However, when you really think about it, it's certainly odd that many countries celebrate their independence from colonialists or former colonies combining together (i.e. Canada) whereas we celebrate the arrival of our colonialists*.

*Of course, they technically arrived on Australian shores earlier, but the flag was planted and raised on the 26th.

Last edited:
Just don't understand why our most patriotic day is the day Brittain put a British flag in the ground and claimed it for their King.

Because there’s a large contingent of people in this country who still think that Australians are the nation of British people on this continent. That Anglo people are more entitled to be here than anyone else.

Other similar countries national day is the day they broke away from Brittain. We should follow suit.

In fact we’re the only nation in the world to mark their date of colonisation as their national day. For over other nation it’s the independence, republicanism, unification or liberation.

Because there’s a large contingent of people in this country who still think that Australians are the nation of British people on this continent. That Anglo people are more entitled to be here than anyone else.

In fact we’re the only nation in the world to mark their date of colonisation as their national day. For over other nation it’s the independence, republicanism, unification or liberation.

What’s more so is the same people call you unpatriotic to even question the situation. It’s truly bizarre

Because there’s a perception that a large contingent of people in this country who still think that Australians are the nation of British people on this continent. That Anglo people are more entitled to be here than anyone else. This is driven by msm and social media to make us all think that the majority are these self entitled anglo aholes.
FTFY

Watching conservatives lose their s**t over Woolworths has been highly amusing, especially given how much they love to accuse the "hur dur leftards" of being triggered snowflakes.

There's also a strong correlation between people with joint FB accounts and/or profile pictures of cars and those doing said meltdowns.
I am yet to see anyone lose their mind over it. I have seen many claim everyone on the other team is losing their minds over it though. No one actually cares if Woolies sells flags, turn off facebook for 2 mins and go outside

I am yet to see anyone lose their mind over it. I have seen many claim everyone on the other team is losing their minds over it though. No one actually cares if Woolies sells flags, turn off facebook for 2 mins and go outside
Peter Dutton called for a boycott of Woolies ffs.

Peter Dutton called for a boycott of Woolies ffs.
He's stoking BS like all politicians do. Stop falling for it from both sides

They are all scumbags. Albo wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire and Dutton would steal your wallet

Doesn't change the fact 99.9% of people CGAF about woolies selling that gear uyet 5 pages of you guys claiming people are losing their minds?! It's sad tbh.

Happy for it to change, and believe it should. Mostly for obvious reasons and partly because I'm sick of the yearly carry on and debate. I also guarantee the next date chosen will cause offence to someone for some reason. They can consult every first nations leader and every historian we have and still some middle aged white lady with nothing better to do will be outraged. Basically you can't please everyone, just change it and be done with it.

Happy for it to change, and believe it should. Mostly for obvious reasons and partly because I'm sick of the yearly carry on and debate. I also guarantee the next date chosen will cause offence to someone for some reason. They can consult every first nations leader and every historian we have and still some middle aged white lady with nothing better to do will be outraged. Basically you can't please everyone, just change it and be done with it.
Agreed on the condition if we change it and that person still manages to be offended, they are to be deported immediately to Syria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's meaningless, childish crap, just abolish it and move on.

This aged poorly
IMG_1240.png

What’s more so is the same people call you unpatriotic to even question the situation. It’s truly bizarre
If you want a flag that doesn't give pride of place to another country, you're unpatriotic. If you want a head of state who is a citizen and resident of your country, you're unpatriotic. if you want your national day to reflect your own country and not the actions of another, you're unpatriotic.

No wonder the rest of the world thinks we're upside down.

If you want a flag that doesn't give pride of place to another country, you're unpatriotic. If you want a head of state who is a citizen and resident of your country, you're unpatriotic. if you want your national day to reflect your own country and not the actions of another, you're unpatriotic.

It all goes back to my point that there’s a lot who see Australia as being nothing more than the continent of British people in the southern hemisphere.

Did you know ‘Advance Australia Fair’ has 5 verses? Let’s look at some of the lyrics in those unsung verses:

When gallant Cook from Albion sail'd,
To trace wide oceans o'er,
True British courage bore him on,
Til he landed on our shore.
Then here he raised Old England's flag,
The standard of the brave;
"With all her faults we love her still"
"Britannia rules the wave."

From England, Scotia, Erin's Isle,
Who come our lot to share,

Shou'd foreign foe e'er sight our coast,
Or dare a foot to land,
We'll rouse to arms like sires of yore
To guard our native strand;
Brittannia then shall surely know,
Beyond wide ocean's roll,
Her sons in fair Australia's land
Still keep a British soul.

Take note of the past two lines. ‘Her sons in Australia still keep a British soul’. That’s the underlying mentality in the desire of a lot of conservatives to keep the British symbolism in this country.

Well I'm going to boycott Coles too, even if they are stocking Chinese made plastic Australian flags...they're not selling the upside down flags that me and my cooker mates want.

Anyone who has an issue with an arbitrary day in summer will be a significant minority who would not be taken seriously.

And as soon as he threatened Australians own hip pocket and labour conditions Howard lost his seat.

The only thing Australians care about is self interest.
Never a truer word spoken. The land of ME ME ME. No empathy or sympathy outside their own social circles. Dog eat dog world. That's Howard's legacy. Eddie Smith cant take his mouth off his privates so can't see much.

Watching conservatives lose their s**t over Woolworths has been highly amusing, especially given how much they love to accuse the "hur dur leftards" of being triggered snowflakes.

There's also a strong correlation between people with joint FB accounts and/or profile pictures of cars and those doing said meltdowns.
The anti woke are the biggest snowflakes alive. Always taking umbrage to things that shouldn't concern them or have any relevance to their everyday life. It's hilarious. Perhaps if there brains moved away from 1975 there would be proper discussions about their concerns. It's just rambling ignorant nonsense ATM. Dutton is case in point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back