January 6 hearings.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised the SC took this on.

There are some major minefields in front of them. Least of all having the SC decide what an insurrection is. Then there is a small matter of States Rights. The MAGA crowd seem to be strong on State not Federal when it comes to governing yet seem to be barracking for the Feds

Well you're entitled to your opinion that the US admin can lock up (or otherwise prevent from running) the opposition candidate. But as an anti fascist I simply can't agree with you on that one.
But you're fine with someone making an attempt to cancel democracy.

Well not 'someone', to be fair. Just Trump. If democrats had attempted what he did you'd be screaming bloody murder and you know it, m8.

But you're fine with someone making an attempt to cancel democracy.

Well not 'someone', to be fair. Just Trump. If democrats had attempted what he did you'd be screaming bloody murder and you know it, m8.
Anyone ever tell you that 2 wrongs don't make a right? Grow up m8! Can't turn the US into a one party state just because you don't like the opposition.

So ignore criminal conduct if the person is running for office?
He's being taken off ballots due to an amendment concerning insurrection. He hasn't been charged with, let alone found guilty of, insurrection. So these are cases of small groups of people using their own subjective view to deny the opposition from putting forth their highest polling candidate. If this were anyone but Trump then we would all recognise it as being the type of Russian / Chinese style shenanigans that horrifies anyone who opposes fascism!
The US is a one party state. Always has been.
Well I agree with you to a fair extent there. They have the illusion of choice between two parties who are largely the same corrupt lovers of war and haters of the working class. Hence both of these teams, including the disgraceful Bush and Clinton dynasties, were beyond outraged when an anti-war outsider came along. It's just a shame that the corporate media colluded to program the masses with the idea that writing mean tweets is a greater sin than killing 2 million+ middle eastern folk based on lies.

Anyone ever tell you that 2 wrongs don't make a right? Grow up m8! Can't turn the US into a one party state just because you don't like the opposition.
Who said anything about a one party state? If the Republicans can find somebody who isn't an insurrectionist traitor, they'd be welcome to run against Biden (and they'd probably beat him too). Not sure how it's the Democrats' fault that such people are few and far between on the other side of the aisle.

He's being taken off ballots due to an amendment concerning insurrection. He hasn't been charged with, let alone found guilty of, insurrection. So these are cases of small groups of people using their own subjective view to deny the opposition from putting forth their highest polling candidate. If this were anyone but Trump then we would all recognise it as being the type of Russian / Chinese style shenanigans that horrifies anyone who opposes fascism!
lol

If it were anyone but Trump they would have accepted they lost an election and we wouldn't be here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

small groups of people using their own subjective view
You mean state supreme courts using information at hand and submissions from concerned parties to determine if the conditions are met.

There is no requirement for a trial to have been held.

I can point you to a video covering the facts if you like?

Well I agree with you to a fair extent there. They have the illusion of choice between two parties who are largely the same corrupt lovers of war and haters of the working class.
The Democrats are corporatist but they have advanced worker rights in a number of areas including higher minimum wages.
Hence both of these teams, including the disgraceful Bush and Clinton dynasties, were beyond outraged when an anti-war outsider came along.
Yeah. Yeah that's the guy.
It's just a shame that the corporate media colluded to program the masses with the idea that writing mean tweets is a greater sin than killing 2 million+ middle eastern folk based on lies.
You have been Redditing hard lately, haven't you?

They aren’t cancelling the Republican Party. And fwiw if they put Nikki Haley up as presidential candidate I think she’d be favorite over Biden.

The Democrats are corporatist but they have advanced worker rights in a number of areas including higher minimum wages.

The modern Democrats are just what Neil young once called the "kinder, gentler, machine gun hand."

But if it wasn't for the Kennedys they'd still vote for slavery.

You have been Redditing hard lately, haven't you?
False, I have far better sources. Like Tim Dillon and other comedians from the Rogansphere. If you want the most enlightened and intelligent takes on the issues, that's where to go boss. Glad to help.

Nobody is above the law - especially the orange rapist shyster.

Am I the only leftie that actually agrees with the Trump *ers that the sentences for the participants appear pretty draconian?

I know it's the USA and they don't * around generally when it comes to lengthy sentences, but 20 odd years seems steep for a bunch of vulnerable people cooked by social media (and basically manipulated by the President) into doing what they did.

Am I the only leftie that actually agrees with the Trump *ers that the sentences for the participants appear pretty draconian?

I know it's the USA and they don't * around generally when it comes to lengthy sentences, but 20 odd years seems steep for a bunch of vulnerable people cooked by social media (and basically manipulated by the President) into doing what they did.
Average seems to be 7 years with leaders of Oath Keepers and Proud Boys getting longer terms

Remove this Banner Ad

Back