Jarryd Hayne

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 23, 2007
The Rose Garden
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Storm/Blazers/Liverpool/Athletic
Dead set he has to officially be the #1 player in the NRL. Another dazzling performance tonight, his effect on a match is super. Tonights stats, 3 offloads, 3 LB's, 2 40/20's, 1 try assist and 1 try tonight. Has absolutely flourished at full back, i'd be playing him there for NSW and Australia with no hesitations.

Dynamic as they come.

Only read the match report as the game was on to late here and the fox version at 3.30am due to the bloody cricket. Couldn't be bothered recording it but might watch the morning replay. Was actually speaking at work yesterday about whether he will be the starting fullback at the end of the year, if not, definately on a wing.

I went to the game last night and he was awesome to watch. I thought Marshall was pretty good too.

Hayne has to be Australia's fullback at the end of season.
Was at the game last night, a cracker of a game. Over 34000 people at the SFS was pretty awesome. The piece of play by Marshall for the first Tigers try was outstanding, i dont think i have ever just laughed at what happened in footy but that was incredible, just about the best bit of league i have seen live. And yet every try was good! Love the Tigers playing, they spread it wide, each try was quality, ball from Farah for beau ryan was supurb, the work by Lawrence to set up John Morris was excellent. And then on the Eels side Hayne was outstanding all night.

Only gripe was the refs and their forward pass interpretations. There was a clear froward pass to hayne in the lead up to the second try that wasnt pulled up.

Thems the breaks though and a great advertisement for rugby league last night was. Wonder if some of our AFL friends who harp on about how unskilled league is were watching

Watching that game hurt a lot. Hurt our wingers a lot more though.

Calling for him to be the number 1 for Australia is futile. Slater will be there whether you agree with it or not.(Personally I disagree)

Hayne (and Mateo to a lesser extent) will be the reason why the eels will cause a lot a damage in September.

Please NRL don't screw with him and the "advertising curse"

Absolute star. Found that form that he had when he first broke onto the scene back in 2006.

Playing him at 5/8th was a poor choice as he aint a 5/8th but playing that role for the couple of months is apart of what makes him such a fantastic player. His ability to slot into the line and become a playmaker when he see's something on his amazing. Plenty of times it Jarryd at that first or second receiver just floating around trying to set something up.

Will be the NSW full back next year, should be the Australian Fullback but will probally have to settle for winger.

best in form player at the moment..

Parra have something about them at the moment too..they could win it

We have to make the finals first - may be back out of the 8 if your boys don't get it done today.

Yeh. Still gotta big task to even make the 8. 6 in a row already, really can't afford to lose again this season which would require 12 in a row.

so glad he plays for NSW, lets see him do this in the finals though (if they make it)

Calling for him to be the number 1 for Australia is futile. Slater will be there whether you agree with it or not.(Personally I disagree)

Hayne (and Mateo to a lesser extent) will be the reason why the eels will cause a lot a damage in September.

Please NRL don't screw with him and the "advertising curse"

I hope Hayne plays for Aust. deserves it ahead of Billy, especially after the poor form he's displayed since Origin.
Slater needs a break from footy ... just plays too much footy with home and away/SOO/Rep games.

I actually hope Hayne gets to be the face of the NRL.....he's a great player, but full of himself:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an absolute superstar. Watching him and Marshall on opposing teams, both in brilliant form was just amazing.

On another note, what a turn around from Paramatta, they were playing terrible football early in the season.

Slater needs a break from footy ... just plays too much footy with home and away/SOO/Rep games.

Stop talking crap. :rolleyes:

The SOO boys are forcibly stood down from club footy the week before Origin. Remember the uber sooking that went on here over the players not playing for the Storm the week of the Tigers game...

Between R1 & the GF they may play one single additional game due to the mid year test ... But SOO has absoloutely zero impact on the amount of games players play in a season...

I think you talk crap.

Except you are claiming he is tired when he doesn't play anymore games than anyone else.

SOO or Rep footy = 2 games of rugby league.

& they get an extra 3-4 days off prior to the game to prepare. 2 additional games though? FMD you are stretching it quite extensively there.

Slater being s**t has nothing to do with your lame anti SOO excuses and everything to do with the fact that he is s**t. Thanks to Bellamy coaching against him in origin, teams are onto the fact that the crap overated hack runs sideways more often than not and he is suffering the effects of having been found out.

If you don't like SOO, recruit locals. Either that or concede your tiny club has no choice but to raid the real states and accept your fate that your players are going to continue to play in a competition that is far more important than your nothing club.

Except you are claiming he is tired when he doesn't play anymore games than anyone else.

Read my post on Slater.

& they get an extra 3-4 days off prior to the game to prepare. 2 additional games though? FMD you are stretching it quite extensively there.

He's had little time off the park compared to a lot of other players.

Slater being s**t has nothing to do with your lame anti SOO excuses and everything to do with the fact that he is s**t. Thanks to Bellamy coaching against him in origin, teams are onto the fact that the crap overated hack runs sideways more often than not and he is suffering the effects of having been found out.

He's not s**t.....Storm aren't having a great year and he's pressured to give that bit extra.....

If you don't like SOO, recruit locals. Either that or concede your tiny club has no choice but to raid the real states and accept your fate that your players are going to continue to play in a competition that is far more important than your nothing club.

I love SOO so shut up..:D

.......and here I thought that Slater had only played in 1 more game than Hayne (Anzac Test).

The "Billy is tired argument" is a bit weak when Hayne's more or less played the same amount of rugby in the same position that Billy plays. Hayne doesn't seem to have that problem.

amazing player, his performance in the second half against wests would have created problems for any one

Has there been a player in recent memory with more strings to their bow? He appears to be able to do everything.

This guy has the speed, the strength, the vision, the great passing game and the precision kicking game - centimetre perfect whether kicking for touch or chip and chase.

Right now he's playing like Johnathon Thurston with more strength and Andrew Johns with more speed - the legal kind I mean. He's the NRL's Garry Ablett Jr!

Let's hope he can keep this up for a few more years.

He was very good again last night, no tries but set up two and again managed a 40/20. He play so many positions on the field and takes upon many responsibilities. They'll soon have to make a names for what he plays because it really isn't fullback.

They'll soon have to make a names for what he plays because it really isn't fullback.

Fullbacks are essentially second 5/8's these days. I mean look at the ease with which Locky moved to 5/8, there was talk of moving Benji to fullback when he kept busting his shoulder.

Hayne is the natural progression of what they have been trying to do with the #1 for years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back