Jarryd Hayne

Remove this Banner Ad

bombersno1 said:
People forget if Smith did not have priors he would have played the GF.

Yes and that prior was BS. Club shouldn't have accepted it.

Hayne may well miss next week, didn't Slater get rubbed out for similar earlier in the season? Or just got points. Either way I hope Hayne can play next week.

If the Storm win I want to BEAT the best side.

for RL he needs to play, simple as that and it will prob be a lower charge so its all sweet

i think the chicken wing tackle is more concern

It'd be horrible if hayne got suspended. How good would a hayne v slater match up in the GF be(if the storm make it)?

Yes and that prior was BS. Club shouldn't have accepted it.

Hayne may well miss next week, didn't Slater get rubbed out for similar earlier in the season? Or just got points. Either way I hope Hayne can play next week.

If the Storm win I want to BEAT the best side.

Blame the club- I agree that Smith should have fought that charge.Slater got points carried over- grade 1 charge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a game, just got back, doesnt look good for Hayne, but Parra are still good enough to win it without him.

Blame the club- I agree that Smith should have fought that charge.Slater got points carried over- grade 1 charge.

I blame the club for not having the guts to challenge the charge, but also the NRL for not being consistent throughout the year when there were many similar to Smiths (first one) that went unnoticed.

It is really up to the club to have the guts to challenge it. These minor charges have a habbit of biting people in the backside, and clubs should fight for their players. Melbourne has more to blame than the NRL. The NRL (or the MRC) are only there to recommend charges.

This problem could be solved easily if the NRL just got rid of the wrestling coaches at the clubs, and teach players again to just tackle properly all the time like they should.

Why grab an arm and twist it when you can drive in low with a shoulder and put them on their back instead, why chase a player and grab uselessly at their body, when diving and crash tackling them around the legs is far more effective.

Grabbing a players limb or head and twisting it back while the player is on the ground especially has to be stamped out, we worry about mums not letting little Jonny play because of fighting, but sights of arms and heads being torn back while the player is helpless wont encourage her much either.

Rugby league tackling done properly is a beautiful skill, and should be taught again at all levels, before the knowledge and experience is lost forever.
Its a vital and important part of our game, that leaves silly, sometimes useless and against the spirit of the game wrestling techniques like grapples etc for dead.
The chicken wing, grapple etc should be outlawed completely from the game and put in the garbage where it belongs.

Will be lucky to play next week after his cheap shot.

You call that a cheap shot? You think he was trying to have a cheap shot in the in-goal rather than trying to twart a try? You can see grothe behind him doing the same thing. As it turns out it was his thigh that rolled the head that did the damage, the knees may not have even made contact. NRL.com have got a picture depicting this on the homepage. So it will probably be dangerous contact grade 1.

I tell you though, im getting very sick of all the Hayne haters. Im sure it would be different if Hayne's was in your team.

Last night proved one thing. Hayne isnt even in the top 5 fullbacks. He's terrible and nearly cost them the game. MAYBE a 5/8th.

Fullback? Not even close!!!

Alrighty if Jarryd is not currently the best player in the world or fullback in the world, please detail what player has better credentials this year than the following:

- 6 consecutive man of the match performances + another in the finals
- Endorsement by the former greatest NRL player as the current best in the world
- The key player to lead his side to 10 wins from the last 11 games
- The best performance by any blues player in the origin series
- Scored the most tries of ANY origin player in either side, not including the wrongly disallowed try.
- Scored two of the best tries this year (one is in the official NRL poll)
- Dally M player of the year
- Is currently the most sought after player in the NRL, commanding one of the highest salaries.
- Will be the face of the NRL next year after what has been acclaimed as the best run of form in the history of the NRL.

And just as a bonus...

- Scored a try in the origin series two years ago ranked as the second best try of all time (came up as 2nd in two independant ballots, one by experts, one by the public). And this was a solo try, against the run of play at rep level.

So please, I invite you to flesh out your opinion instead of throwing mud...

6 consecutive man of the match performances + another in the finals
Mostly against poor performing teams.

Endorsement by the former greatest NRL player as the current best in the world
Who is from NSW? Supprise supprise.

The key player to lead his side to 10 wins from the last 11 games
Who else in Parra is good? So Hayne did it all? I don' think so.

The best performance by any blues player in the origin series

Debatable.

Scored the most tries of ANY origin player in either side, not including the wrongly disallowed try.

He played on the wing. he only had to catch the ball. Not hard.

Scored two of the best tries this year (one is in the official NRL poll)

He must be the best player then. A website said he scored the best try...

Dally M player of the year

He was he fairest. Not the best.

s currently the most sought after player in the NRL, commanding one of the highest salaries.

Yet he won't get the Aussie fullback spot...

Will be the face of the NRL next year after what has been acclaimed as the best run of form in the history of the NRL.

That's you evidence? DO you even watch the games?

Fullbacks?

Slater
Stewart
Hunt
Bowen
My mum

Hayne at the bottom.

He plays fullback. But he's not even close to the best and last night proved it. He's ok in attack - poor defence made him look good in one or two try's. Cleaning up - he's terrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back