Delisted Jayden Schofield (#955)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jayden might have some things to blame for in this

But he is barely older than a teenager - and if our player contracts were as tight as they should be - he should forfeit any future salary

Our much older and experienced professional coaches, selectors and welfare personnel - all on the Western Bulldog payroll - are to some extent even if minimal accountable for this

The teenager can not and should not have all the responsibility placed at his feet

We (Western Bulldogs) pay people to provide "checks and balances" to sort this kind of stuff

Maybe it was he (Jayden) is a "rogue" but then again maybe our people failed to do some things

It needs to be investigated and reviewed - and until a finding is made, any posts here supporting or not supporting the club or Jayden are purely speculative.

If a review is considered necessary I doubt it would ever be made public.

I think I know what you are driving at acker, but why, earlier in your post, do you speculate that certain parties may be (at least partly) to blame?

So little known, yet so many people ready to cast judgement or start a whisper. (And that's not particularly aimed at you, acker)

The only statement I've heard on this whole saga that seems to have any factual credibility (apart from the club's brief press statement) is from Schofield's management which said something to the effect of the WB having provided fantastic support to the player. I find that gratifying and we should give some credit to the club for that.

If he's dealing with some problems (whatever sort they may be) then I wish him well, and the strength, time and space to deal with them.

My only interests as a supporter are
(1) disappointment we have lost a promising young talent, seemingly for keeps,
(2) whether our investment in him will have to be written off or can we recoup something from it? (eg is he a chance to come back in a year or so? If he goes to another AFL club will we get any compensation?)
(3) the point I think acker was trying to make - are there any lessons we can learn from this to improve our future recruiting /player management or is it just something that was beyond our reasonable control?

Beyond those questions his personal circumstances are none of our business.

Found this when i was looking up draft rules.

Registered Players.
- The introduction of an Inactive List, allowing players to take a 12-month leave of absence for exceptional and compelling circumstances, without taking up a list spot.

http://www.worldfootynews.com/article.php/20100820222013387

If this rule is in effect , why wasn't it used. Only reason i can think is that the club know he won't be comming back.

Re: Jayden Schofield Delisted

Well looks like Mr. Homesick is playing for East Freo this year.

I'd be careful if I was them. Perth might be a bit far from Geraldton for little Schoey.

Well looks like Mr. Homesick is playing for East Freo this year.

I'd be careful if I was them. Perth might be a bit far from Geraldton for little Schoey.

That is a bit soft Gus. I am sure you are joking in a sense but it is not really worth it is it?

I've made my point clear in this thread and I won't back down from it.

Schofield is up there with the Wards and the Browns of this world. At least they were enticed by money. Schofield had a shot that thousands of kids across the country (Including me) try for but don't make it. And he just quit.

If he had serious issues, he wouldn't move from Geraldton to Perth to play football. It just got too hard for him. Now that this is all to the fore, his alleged comments to guys like Fevola are even more stupid.

I understand that but to belittle other people can at times reflect poorly on yourself. You always seem to approach things in a positive way and this just seems nasty.

Anyways, just my opinion so no blood no foul I hope.

I think that should be an indicator of where I'm coming from. I'm usually the first to be positive about things, but I've got some information from someone who I trust on the issue and it doesn't read well for Schofield.

All I've heard about him character wise is that he's not the most likeable person, and that he tends to bluff a lot. And that was before he was delisted. My word is that he just wasn't willing to put in the hard yards and wanted out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares about him honestly? By the looks of it we have got a winner in Fletcher Roberts a kid who actually wants to be at the club!

image.jpeg A recent photo of JJ and Schofield.
It makes you wonder what could have been if he asserted himself on and off the field.

And to think he went home to Perth because his girlfriend at the time hated living in Melbourne?.. What a waste.

I've been particularly scathing regarding JS and nothing has changed that.

In that picture he have one shy hardworking kid from Perth who has become a star and one loudmouth with a poor work ethic who wasted his time in the AFL.

For those who don't know, Jayden has now stepped away from WAFL footy with East Fremantle.
I guess some things are just more important than a life being all about football. All the best, we hardly knew ye'

For those who don't know, Jayden has now stepped away from WAFL footy with East Fremantle.
I guess some things are just more important than a life being all about football. All the best, we hardly knew ye'
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume his next step isn't into a job as a career advisor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back