List Mgmt. Jed Lamb to Join GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting comments from a swans supporter given that they have only just started leaking players in getting Buddy and as each year rolls around for the next 9 years we will likely see more and more players leaving the building.

Hush. Don't you realise $300k a year on Lamb will break the bank?

This is a great get, kept that one quiet. Well done again Giants! Lamb will fit in nicely on a HFF I would think. Further evidence IMO that Sydney getting Franklin is actually a good thing for the Giants - not paying overs for a player you don't really need on the field, better distribution of the salary cap and poach players from the Swans who are squeezed out. With a 9 year deal this will probably be a gift that keeps on giving.
I think Luke Parker will be next.

You reckon we won't lose anyone for another three years?
I personally don't think so.
With Jude Bolton retiring, Marty Mattner and Mitch Morton all retiring as well as Alex brown being delisted and Jesse White leaving as well as Mumford and Everitt leaving would have freed up an amount of the salary cap to at least keep the swans going until 2016 as well as A few other swans players expected to be retiring between now and 3 years. But I don't think they'll go past 3 years with all their senior list in tact. Even with every now and then rookie promotions (Brandon Jack and Dane Rampe) being examples of this year.

If the swans start to drop off wouldn't be surprised if guys like Parker look at there options as he along with a few other players took pay cuts to help the club stay under the cap not knowning at the time the reason they did it was to get Buddy and apparently a few of them are not happy about it.

I personally don't think so.
With Jude Bolton retiring, Marty Mattner and Mitch Morton all retiring as well as Alex brown being delisted and Jesse White leaving as well as Mumford and Everitt leaving would have freed up an amount of the salary cap to at least keep the swans going until 2016 as well as A few other swans players expected to be retiring between now and 3 years. But I don't think they'll go past 3 years with all their senior list in tact. Even with every now and then rookie promotions (Brandon Jack and Dane Rampe) being examples of this year.

The problems for the Swans will kick in around 2019-20, when Buddy has slowed down but is still chewing up 10% of the cap.

The problems for the Swans will kick in around 2019-20, when Buddy has slowed down but is still chewing up 10% of the cap.

By 2020 1 million a year will be a very small portion of the salary cap the way AFL salaries are exploding

Remove this Banner Ad

Back