Rumour Jeremy Finlayson under investigation - 3 game suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably because (at least right now) white people make up the majority of the US population? Or have you adjusted for that?
his example is that a group that is 0.6% of the population is terrorising everyone in america and europe, i'm just making sure that he's being honest about it all!

That is not correct.

Jesus this thread just shows how far we still have to go to educate people.
That's exactly what happened. And that's what the word means. A US term.

The insanity is people that actually believe a swear word said in the heat of sporting battle is more dangerous than serious head injuries or mental health. You know, "real" stuff. And these morons run the AFL.

But breathing human adults actually deliberately voted for Albo and Andrews so falling IQ is a real problem in this country. :joycat:

The insanity is people that actually believe a swear word said in the heat of sporting battle is more dangerous than serious head injuries or mental health. You know, "real" stuff. And these morons run the AFL.

But breathing human adults actually deliberately voted for Albo and Andrews so falling IQ is a real problem in this country. :joycat:
Yeah, but a fair portion of them also voted for Malinauskas. So, they can’t be completely brain dead….

It's very very funny though
Like that uncle we all have over for Xmas. He’s a bit mad, offensive…but somehow highly entertaining.

The irony between your username and post is just absurdly funny.

So you think a leadership that hides his 5 ministerial positions from the public, believes in a god that says unemployment is the fault of the unemployed, hangs out with right wing nut jobs and destroyed Australias trade relationship with China and France to keep Trump happy, etc etc is a smarter bet?

Not sure history will treat your view kindly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know that's not what it's for, yeah? And that's not what Jeremy said? You're up on the latest on this?
Yes mate, I do know that is not what was said and also the reasoning behind the suspension.

My point was to suggest how far it may go.

In the much distant past, people wouldn't have thought somebody could get offended by calling someone - monkey.
Then in the not so distant past, people wouldn't have thought somebody could get offended by calling someone - f-----t, or p--f, or anything else.
Now we wont even release the players weights to public. Someone may say something offensive.

In the future, I can see somebody being offended for calling a redhead "fanta pants"

Whilst I agree with stamping out racial slurs (although my best mate of 35 years is a wog and always will be) and whilst I cant get my head around all this identifying crap (my sons friend identifies as a cat FFS), I do think there is no need to call someone a f----t.
Not that I would be offended by this but others may.

I guess that is the point, what offends me, may not offend others and visa versa.

Who then can say what we are, or are not to find offensive?

Steve Hughes puts it best below.

This illustrates one of the issues with the AFL actually not being upfront about what was said. I get not wanting to have a copycat effect, but this vacuum does open up a spot for misinformation.

As we’ve seen here, those that try to ‘invent a different reality’ on these forums get the kitchen light turned on them pretty quick - your posts on the Wicks thread are a case in point - insincere and cynical, no matter how you like to take the high ground.

Last edited:
Should have just faked a smother and broken the bomber's jaw. Then no chance of suspension.

So what we have learnt is that when you are copping abuse in the heat of battle, you should just wait for your chance to legally "Maynard" the perpetrator rather than use a swear word.

When will players learn that if you want pay-back you just need to line them up and "Brayden" them.
No suspension, and you get to end their career, probably with brain damage. Pay-back complete.

Just don't call anyone a "Sissy" what ever you do.

Suspended for 3 matches for calling someone an American slang term for sissy.

Finlayson should have just Maynarded the bomber player. No suspension!

All in the same thread...
Satisfied you've made your point yet?

Yes mate, I do know that is not what was said and also the reasoning behind the suspension.

My point was to suggest how far it may go.

In the much distant past, people wouldn't have thought somebody could get offended by calling someone - monkey.
Then in the not so distant past, people wouldn't have thought somebody could get offended by calling someone - f-----t, or p--f, or anything else.
Now we wont even release the players weights to public. Someone may say something offensive.

In the future, I can see somebody being offended for calling a redhead "fanta pants"

Whilst I agree with stamping out racial slurs (although my best mate of 35 years is a wog and always will be) and whilst I cant get my head around all this identifying crap (my sons friend identifies as a cat FFS), I do think there is no need to call someone a f----t.
Not that I would be offended by this but others may.

I guess that is the point, what offends me, may not offend others and visa versa.

Who then can say what we are, or are not to find offensive?

Steve Hughes puts it best below.

Yep will only be a matter of time when the snowflakes expect someone that calls them a Mummy’s boy to be suspended for hurting their precious little feelings too.

All in the same thread...
Satisfied you've made your point yet?

The fact that he’s narrowing the definition to only one possible meaning is a common psuedo-intellectual tactic - designed to steer the respondent into having to debate an irrelevance.

He KNOWS there are more meanings than just ‘a US slang word’.

It’s actually a really disingenuous debating strategy.

I’ve come across a couple of these insincere cynical posters the last week or so.

They point to the moon but then want to argue what finger they used.

So you aren't just deliberately obtuse, you're a stalker too? Multi-tasker! :joycat:
At this stage you should just add it to your signature, save you the trouble of typing it out so often

Not sure when you finished schooling, but say it these days and it’s heard by a staff member, instant 3-day suspension.

Repeat offender - expulsion. Zero tolerance approach by most if not all schools nowadays.

You must live in an inner city suburb. You hear it all the time at my kids schools to this day and teachers ignore it. Too much paperwork.

You must live in an inner city suburb. You hear it all the time at my kids schools to this day and teachers ignore it. Too much paperwork.
private vs public, had a make a few calls home last term about it and have them suspended internally for a day both times

Remove this Banner Ad

Back