Games & Recreation JK Rowling The Sexual Deviant - The Harry Potter Discussion thread (SPOILERS)

Remove this Banner Ad

Serious question.

I love to read.

I like nothing better than sitting on the lounge on a rainy Sunday, curled up, reading a good book.

I lasted about half an hour watching the first movie.

Are the books worth reading ?

I checked our bookshelf and we have the first five books.
The books >>>>>>>> the movies

Serious question.

I love to read.

I like nothing better than sitting on the lounge on a rainy Sunday, curled up, reading a good book.

Definitely worth reading , because of the plot/characters/twists /magic (for starters)
(the books are far better than the movies)

Serious question.

I love to read.

I'd say yes but if you couldn't get past half an hour of the first movie then you will probably struggle with the books.

I'd say yes but if you couldn't get past half an hour of the first movie then you will probably struggle with the books.
I disagree with this (as I'm someone who prefers books to movies in a general sense, and often zones out during movies :p)
Freofalcon (as a booklover) might well be the same
Also as already mentioned- the books are better than the movies anyway.

The first book the first time you read it is incredible, its sets up a whole world in the imagination. Also the first movie, seeing the characters and setting come to life. Im probably in the moniority but imo what followed just couldn’t match it.
But I need to read them all again. I could sit through the first movie again anytime, but not the ones after that.

Seriously, you losers have never had guacamole till you’ve had my guacamole.
Mmmmm avocado, right Morganashlee ?
I didn’t get this tag but stumbled across it whilst catching up. That looks farqing disgusting.

I don’t hate coriander but it’s not my favourite

https://harrypotter.bloomsbury.com/uk/fun-stuff/harry-potter-trivia-challenge/
Here’s a quiz for other fanatics like me :)
nxkeua.png

First try ^
(Got one question wrong , but luckily, they give us 3 lives)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the hell did you get that on first try.... Clearly, I need to read the books again. It's mainly the numbers ones I'm having trouble with. And I forgot that Viktor Krum went to Bill and Fleur's wedding lol.....
I guess attending HP events helps (partly because some questions were familiar , and partly because of the preparation I did in the leadup!)

I was unsure about a few of them but got them right . The one I got wrong was the *paper plane* one

Serious question.

I love to read.

If you keep in mind that they're written for children/older children then yeah they're worth reading. The books, like all books in general, are more involved and delve deeper into the fictional world than a movie can.

Just made the pretty heart breaking discovery that I think most of the stories I wrote during high school are probably lost, the hard drive I think they were on died and got thrown out, thinking I'd transferred everything across. :(

MWPP means I won't be able to share that Lily/James story..

I can't even remember it now because I keep blending it with what actually happened.

Just made the pretty heart breaking discovery that I think most of the stories I wrote during high school are probably lost, the hard drive I think they were on died and got thrown out, thinking I'd transferred everything across. :(

MWPP means I won't be able to share that Lily/James story..

I can't even remember it now because I keep blending it with what actually happened.
So sorry to hear that :(
Heartbreaking indeed :(
Thanks for checking anyway /for letting me know
I know what you mean when you say that the story’s blending in with actual canon (to form your head canon)

Got the gryff hardcover of Stone today
Kmart...nope.
Big w....every house but gryff

Book shop at 27bucks....yeah
Ironic , because last year my local BigW initially only stocked Gryffindor and Slytherin
I had to ask them at the front desk re: when Ravenclaw would become available (and they gave me a call once they arrived!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back