Coach John Longmire - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but did you guys, with your trashing of the "state", expect us to win?
Did you also expect a win against GWS?

you guys? and state? no idea what you are talking about

i didnt expect us to beat the pies, and we didnt beat them

i tipped us to beat gws by 34 in the tipping, i think gws try to play too fast, make dumb turnovers and bomb away, thought we would lap it up

i was impressed with our workrate though, but wrong thread really

you guys? and state? no idea what you are talking about

i didnt expect us to beat the pies, and we didnt beat them

i tipped us to beat gws by 34 in the tipping, i think gws try to play too fast, make dumb turnovers and bomb away, thought we would lap it up

i was impressed with our workrate though, but wrong thread really
Fair enough.
Where am I?

It was there. For most of the last two seasons there has been a clear preference to go through the corridor, which is a big change from how we previously played, going for repeat stoppages up the sidelines. The quality of execution hasn't been there so I think that plan has often been obscured by that... But that doesn't mean the plan wasn't already there.
Disappointed Kirkswan. I apologise you and your K mate are perfect one after the other .

I do enjoy that after 4 years of trying to get Horse sacked all it took was 1 win to move to 15th on the ladder and suddenly we have it all figured out and are finals bound as soon as next year

I do enjoy that after 4 years of trying to get Horse sacked all it took was 1 win to move to 15th on the ladder and suddenly we have it all figured out and are finals bound as soon as next year

When we win if you came in here and said he was rubbish people would say we are winning, same happens for an underperforming player , plays well and the told you so people hit.

If we are losing people would say we were a young side and what do you expect

Then the fall back would be he has a winning record and the board appointed him so he must be good

So why bother, he’s been ok, he still should have been left to finish the contract and go imo and we won’t win a final again with him as coach , but time will tell, still a defence first team and ordinary skills with an average forward structure

He has a nice spirit in the side of late

Last edited:

Pretty sure those who wanted him sacked were in the minority, so not sure who the 'we' is that you speak of.

Potentially unpopular but we will see how the rebuild with Horse plays out. I don't think we will end up like Melbourne or Carlton but rather Essendon where close enough is good enough and it festers for 10-20 years. Or Port Adelaide in recent years under Ken Hinkley. Being stuck in the middle is the worst part of sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked very distraught and disappointed in the presser today. Cant question his care for the players

Must be quite hectic internally
Yes, he looked very tired. He's away from his family as well, and he seems quite a family man. And he would have known all the ET questions were coming. There's no happy answers there.

Yes, he looked very tired. He's away from his family as well, and he seems quite a family man. And he would have known all the ET questions were coming. There's no happy answers there.

I imagine that in what is already a challenging year for him, trying to focus on getting the team performing well on the field with an injury crisis, he has had to deal with constant off-field dramas following so many of our matches this year, to the point he probably dreads every presser now.

Between COVID-19, Hardwick's tantrum, Clarkson's tantrum, Wicks' boot studs, and now Elijah's breach, about 85% of his pressers and interviews this year have been about s**t not happening on the field. His whole demeanour visibly changes and he becomes more engaged as soon as a question about one of his players or the performance of the team is raised. They're just few and far between.

I imagine that in what is already a challenging year for him, trying to focus on getting the team performing well on the field with an injury crisis, he has had to deal with constant off-field dramas following so many of our matches this year, to the point he probably dreads every presser now.

Between COVID-19, Hardwick's tantrum, Clarkson's tantrum, Wicks' boot studs, and now Elijah's breach, about 85% of his pressers and interviews this year have been about sh*t not happening on the field. His whole demeanour visibly changes and he becomes more engaged as soon as a question about one of his players or the performance of the team is raised. They're just few and far between.

You forgot to add “how is Buddy tracking” being around 10% of the remaining 15% lol

Gameplan wasn't the coaches fault tonight imo. Hard to pull off an attacking gamestyle against a good defensive unit when you are being soundly beaten in every area of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back