Official Club Stuff John Nicholls Medal 2019 - Congratulations Patrick Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

The coaches know what they’re looking for when voting. Players that do the team thing and play their role (‘scuse the cliches). May not be the flashiest or the most exciting but they get the job done.

Onya Plow. Stick it right up ‘em.

Think you nailed it MEB - Plow is a great team player

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can someone tell me the voting process- and who gets to vote. Seems strange that Crippa had to come from behind and only narrowly won.
Um a very strange voting process early on one game had 19 players getting a vote/s .
I presume line coaches voting mostly for the players they control or are responsible for .

Liked the Teague and Cripps speeches...Paddy mentioned “he’s been at the club six years and hasn’t played finals, I want to play finals”
I hope we play finals in the next few years.

Spoke to Levi Casboult last night.
Only has 1 a one deal on table. Told me he would love to have a 2 year deal but nothing offered yet.
Only player who can play back,forward and ruck.
Rousing cheer when he finished in top ten count.
His wife is 36 weeks pregnant.
Come on SOS give him some good news and sign him up for 2 years before birth.

Why?
Don’t be blinded by the output of a player who has now played five seasons in the AFL in comparison to Gibbon’s in his first.
Gibbons output this year matched or bettered anything Lambert put up in his first two seasons.
Took Lambert until his third season (a premiership year) to establish himself as a high caliber AFL player.
Gibbons is a quality footballer, his qualities as a footballer will only be enhanced as the quality of the team he plays with improves also.
Just as Lambert’s did.
We said.

Actually, just had is enough. It's funny watching Harks stumble over his "had haves" when a simple "had" will suffice ...

How dare you?
I should be at school :)

Maybe one of those things I was raised on.
I still spell words without taking out the 'u' and double the last letter on some words ending in 'ing'

Who cares? Who wants to think about being 'correct' at the expense of getting out what you want and as quickly as possib;e.

PS - Well done Cripps

No, it just seems some of the people on here don't watch very closely.

I actually watch him very closely and he makes costly mistakes most weeks. He was not our 3rd best players this season and should not have finished within 9 votes of Cripps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually watch him very closely and he makes costly mistakes most weeks. He was not our 3rd best players this season and should not have finished within 9 votes of Cripps.

Every player makes costly mistakes every week.

Plowman's seem to stand out to a lot of people a lot more, and that's for 2 reasons:
1. They're already looking for the mistakes, so when he does make one, it reinforces their preconceptions, and
2. He's a defender, so his mistakes cost goals in an obvious way (other mistakes, say shots at goal, and stuffing up the transition through the midfield also cost us goals, but they are less obvious, and more easily forgiven by supporters).

Last edited:
Agree with this back 6 but would swap Jones and Weitering. And I think SPS is the next player to go thru backline.

AFL website pre-trade list analysis published today being the morning after the JNM ...

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-10...is-your-club-placed-heading-into-trade-period

Best 22 in 2019 if everyone was available
B: Kade Simpson, Jacob Weitering, Caleb Marchbank
HB: Nic Newman, Liam Jones, Sam Docherty

DEPTH
Defenders
: Lachie Plowman, Tom Williamson, Hugh Goddard, Harrison Macreadie ...

I can see your infatuation with Plowman going by the name. My best back 6 if everyone is available is:

Simpson Jones Marchbank
Newman Weitering Docherty

Also think SPS is best suited to backline.

Tbh the username is there mostly because of my upbringing with The Simpsons and the serendipity of Plowman moving across.

There is no way on Judd's green Earth that Newman ever plays ahead of Plowman.

Spoke to Levi Casboult last night.
Only has 1 a one deal on table. Told me he would love to have a 2 year deal but nothing offered yet.
Only player who can play back,forward and ruck.
Rousing cheer when he finished in top ten count.
His wife is 36 weeks pregnant.
Come on SOS give him some good news and sign him up for 2 years before birth.
Completely agree. Has deserved it all year. He’s easily got 2 years of afl footy left.
His versatility is a blessing.

AFL website pre-trade list analysis published today being the morning after the JNM ...

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-10...is-your-club-placed-heading-into-trade-period

Best 22 in 2019 if everyone was available
B: Kade Simpson, Jacob Weitering, Caleb Marchbank
HB: Nic Newman, Liam Jones, Sam Docherty

DEPTH
Defenders
: Lachie Plowman, Tom Williamson, Hugh Goddard, Harrison Macreadie ...
If thus years best players become depth, we are in a good space

I can see your infatuation with Plowman going by the name. My best back 6 if everyone is available is:

Simpson Jones Marchbank
Newman Weitering Docherty

Also think SPS is best suited to backline.

We play (and will play) 7 defenders in the 22. The first 5 picked, every week, will be:

B: Docherty, Jones, Plowman
HB: Marchbank, Weitering

Samo is best 22 (and Martin). Whether they will play HBF is yet to be determined, but you can fill the last 2 backline spots with them, or a combination of Simpson, Newman, Williamson etc.

We play (and will play) 7 defenders in the 22. The first 5 picked, every week, will be:

B: Docherty, Jones, Plowman
HB: Marchbank, Weitering

Samo is best 22 (and Martin). Whether they will play HBF is yet to be determined, but you can fill the last 2 backline spots with them, or a combination of Simpson, Newman, Williamson etc.

Clearly Plowman will be one of the first picked going by the b&f voting. I'm not confident of him standing up in a big final with how nervous he gets and the costly mistakes he makes.

You're also ignoring his consistency, which counts for a lot in BnF voting.

Cripps missed an extra game, and put in a few shockers when he was clearly struggling with fitness.
Murphy had a really poor start to the year. Jones missed a stack of games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back