Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Has a crack every game. That’s all you can ask. Prob the most bang for buck player in our team (new draftee daicos aside)
Lippa up there too for good game little cost.

But yeah Noble, has rarely missed a game since debut in 2019. From a MSD.

He is a key part of our side now. I feel confident when he is around the ball, which I didn’t before.

images

Noble has enjoyed a great season but today was possibly the best game I can recall him playing. Hopefully his detractors will move on to someone more deserving.
His effort his always been there, but it stood out more today and he never gave up. One of how better tacklers and two way runners. Very nearly got the speedy Rioli as he was bursting towards forward 50 on a couple of occasions including late in the game. I was impressed that Noble closed ground on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i thought some people might like to say something nice about John....

Saw this post and thought, is Mark OK? Finding ways to invite us into threads while at the same time saying something nice about one of our oft-maligned players.

nob (plural nobs) The glans penis, the sensitive bulbous structure at the end of the penis also known as the head of the penis. (Also spelled knob.)

Then I saw this post, and breathed a sigh of relief. The old Mark is back.

Saw this post and thought, is Mark OK? Finding ways to invite us into threads while at the same time saying something nice about one of our oft-maligned players.

Then I saw this post, and breathed a sigh of relief. The old Mark is back.

It's a new strategy. We lure the fans in with positive statements about the players and then we kick the living daylights out of the players to demonstrate just how passionate we are about the club.

I'm sure you feel the same but personally, I just feel uneasy saying nice things about the players because we know that they'll get fat and lazy. And then there's guys like Noble who just shouldnt be wearing a pie jumper. I feel sorry for all his physical deformities but there is a longstanding requirement of just how a pie should look like.

I'm sure you feel the same but personally, I just feel uneasy saying nice things about the players because we know that they'll get fat and lazy. And then there's guys like Noble who just shouldnt be wearing a pie jumper. I feel sorry for all his physical deformities but there is a longstanding requirement of just how a pie should look like.

Re the bolded - you mean his pale skin? I know you see that as a cause for concern. Maybe we should move this discussion to the Whipping Boys thread - where weaknesses such as this are treated more seriously.

Moores game has been sacrificed due to the absences of Roughead, Dean etc

But yes… this game plan compliments Nobles natural run
But surely as a CHB Moore should have more than 'a find space and intercept role' and allow his opponent to accumulate a (record for him) 17 possessions and 5 goal first half! It was an inept defensive display, which can't be excused from on the grounds that he is having to adapt to new positional requirements and added personal responsibility. Many apparently now see him as next team captain, hoping he can lead by example.

I’ve been one on the dump Noble bandwagon for awhile but I am beginning to turn as I do enjoy his effort and the way he attacks the footy, he’s one that you know will give his all every game and he’s an honest footballer. I think what we see from him now is what we will get though, not sure how much more he can improve apart from clean up his kicking at times and his defensive instincts. He certainly can’t grow taller.

My issue is that if we want to play Noble we also can’t play him alongside Pendlebury and Daicos in the backline, and we can’t play him in a team with Bianco, Brown etc as we are simply too small.

I have been a big fan of Noble. A real trier when he first played, sure he made mistakes but think he has improved enormously.

Glad we persevered with him last year against the knockers.

May never be a champion but a team needs good foot soldiers too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back