Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, both the data and the eye test suggest Noble is better 1:1 than his replacement in this game, WHE.

WHE also only had 2 contested possessions tonight. Again lower than Noble's average.

Regardless, hypotheticals are not really much use in hindsight.
What data? Do you mean in 1v1 contests? Because Noble’s stats there are very poor

To be fair, both the data and the eye test suggest Noble is better 1:1 than his replacement in this game, WHE.

WHE also only had 2 contested possessions tonight. Again lower than Noble's average.

I'm one of the biggest WHE haters on the forum , but if you think WHE did not play well tonight you watched a different game than I did l.

WHE had 15 pressure acts, the most of all our defenders, 5 tackles, a team high 10 R50’s, =6th for the team in 1%ers…… just saying.

If it wasn't this week, it would certainly have been the following as it's a simple swap for Nick Daicos.

Noble has gotten everything out of himself that he possibly can. His physique and poor decision-making however places a limit on his ceiling. Ultimately, he's a player who others have passed (i.e. Markov) but remains a vital piece from a holistic, entire squad perspective.

What data? Do you mean in 1v1 contests? Because Noble’s stats there are very poor
.. and WHE's are better or worse?
WHE had 15 pressure acts, the most of all our defenders, 5 tackles, a team high 10 R50’s, =6th for the team in 1%ers…… just saying.
I was responding to stormskye, who specifically referred to 1:1 stats.
Our back 6 won us the game, so arguing noble in would have made a difference is a bit lacking. Arguably if he’d played, we may have lost given the amount of inside 50’s and his poor 1 v 1 stats. On balance I think it was the right call
If you want to bring up a whole lot of other stats that's ok, but the point was specifically relative to Noble and 1:1s.

FWIW Historically, Noble averages more PAs and tackles than WHE and fewer 1%ers. Just saying.

WHE played a good game. That's fine. Saying Noble could have lost us the game based on a single stat is a stretch.

.. and WHE's are better or worse?

I was responding to stormskye, who specifically referred to 1:1 stats.

If you want to bring up a whole lot of other stats that's ok, but the point was specifically relative to Noble and 1:1s.

FWIW Historically, Noble averages more PAs and tackles than WHE and fewer 1%ers. Just saying.

WHE played a good game. That's fine. Saying Noble could have lost us the game based on a single stat is a stretch.
Yes - Noble has the 3rd worst 1 on 1 loss rate in the entire competition, at 60%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back