Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Gave us an awesome spark last night, I don’t know what his metres gained was but he was important.
440m gained, with 24 possessions at 88% efficiency. Was a very good game indeed from JFN and what we’ve been lacking in the first 3 games.

Amazing that he was out of the team for so long. Well it felt a lot longer than it actually was. What a legend getting dropped and while it would have hurt, he went away and worked harder than ever and it’s probably going to make him such a better footballer.

Geez, I think it's probably harsh to say that his form is due to getting dropped (therefore justifying his omission). He would probably argue that this is how he typically contributes (even last year), rather than as a result of being dropped.

His omission last year is by far the most heartbreaking thing I've felt for a single player in the football club in years, especially since he played 82 games straight and then dropped at the most important time. Especially when there were probably 1-2 players who were lucky to get the medal that he deserved.

Geez, I think it's probably harsh to say that his form is due to getting dropped (therefore justifying his omission). He would probably argue that this is how he typically contributes (even last year), rather than as a result of being dropped.

His omission last year is by far the most heartbreaking thing I've felt for a single player in the football club in years, especially since he played 82 games straight and then dropped at the most important time. Especially when there were probably 1-2 players who were lucky to get the medal that he deserved.
100% it was heartbreaking but let’s be honest he wasn’t lighting the world on fire before he got dropped. He was a liability defensively if he wasn’t producing the run and carry that he showed earlier on in the year. That’s why Oleg came in.

I’ve got no doubt in my mind he’s worked harder than ever before after it, you could see all pre season at training.

Amazing that he was out of the team for so long. Well it felt a lot longer than it actually was. What a legend getting dropped and while it would have hurt, he went away and worked harder than ever and it’s probably going to make him such a better footballer.

He was sub in opening round

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% it was heartbreaking but let’s be honest he wasn’t lighting the world on fire before he got dropped. He was a liability defensively if he wasn’t producing the run and carry that he showed earlier on in the year. That’s why Oleg came in.

I’ve got no doubt in my mind he’s worked harder than ever before after it, you could see all pre season at training.
The whole team wasn’t.

I reckon he showed both why he was dropped for the finals last season and why he was needed for the early round this year.
Great post.

His biggest strength is his ability to provide overlap run, coupled with his speed. However, his decision-making and disposal aren't up to the level required and he's not physically big enough to hold important tackles consistently enough.

Although he got the ball quite a lot last night, he either turned it over or missed his target.

Who was playing on Hardwick? Howe appeared to be at one stage, but I thought Noble was too. Can anybody who was at the ground help out?
He went to full forward. Frampton was playing full back. Howe was loose man, but sort of switching when Frampton went forward to impact. But we paid him no respect. so quite often Hardwick was positioned 10 metres behind with Howe and Frampton both effectively playing loose ahead of him looking for the intercept.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back