Society/Culture Jordan B Peterson

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but you can make a different point. You're choosing to be judgemental.
Thats your interpretation. Im just explaining the phenomena im observing in the easiest and most useful way that i can to help explain the point Im trying to make. If you want to interpret someone with a weak mind as shameful and worthy of derision thats your choice. Not mine.

for me labelling someone like peterson as having a weak mind is to point out that he is not a source you want to go to in order to help strengthen your mind. As he cant do it for himself. By avoiding the whole labelling of weak and strong mind you enable peterson to keep justifying his snake oil.

Mate it’s not any PC madness. The poster was talking about how he suffered “extreme anxiety” but it’s only mentally weak people who take medicine. It was an attack on my boy Jordy P from someone who is probably a PC wokester themselves.
Nothing wrong with taking medicine to help with anxiety unless ofcourse you are claiming to have the answers of how to live a good life and trying to make money off it. Snake oil pusher.

Not gonna lie he was talking absolute turkey here. Trying to dismiss the science based on trickery and wordplay.
Isn't that the opposite of talking turkey?

But yeah, the Internet is full of people who look like (and probably technically are) they are winning arguments but they speak with no substance, it's all masterful rhetoric and deliberately missing the point, without really having much to say. <cough>Ben Shapiro</cough>

Nothing wrong with taking medicine to help with anxiety unless ofcourse you are claiming to have the answers of how to live a good life and trying to make money off it. Snake oil pusher.
You don't need to live a good life in order to have good advice for others based on your knowledge and experience.

Although I suppose one of his advice is to sort your life out before you try to save the world, so he's a bit of a hypocrite there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez only watched the first minute but JP seems to struggle to understand the basics of modelling. There's a famous quote "All models are wrong, some are more useful than others". He seems to want the model to be 100% correct which is clearly not possible.
He says a bunch of true things, like how when you make a long term prediction, the errors compound with time. But he’s slipping in this claim that they’re picking and choosing the variables.
Don’t like this side of him.

He says a bunch of true things, like how when you make a long term prediction, the errors compound with time. But he’s slipping in this claim that they’re picking and choosing the variables.
Don’t like this side of him.

Confused climate with weather.

Haha wtf

Just googled Michael Eric Dyson, dude looks pretty black to me.

To Mr Intellectual Jordan Peterson, you gotta look like this to be black

MrPopoDragonBall.png

Not gonna lie he was talking absolute turkey here. Trying to dismiss the science based on trickery and wordplay.

It was flawed what he was saying, how models can’t account for all variables. That’s also true of models for buildings, electrical circuits and anything else engineering, there are ways of allowing for error, often probability is used.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back