Josh Bootsma Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does duckface like a boss

496622-e80557d0-eba0-11e3-bb45-046f3d36ad52.jpg

His poor girlfriend and child. Any news on how they're doing?

Apologies if this has been covered, but did Carlton need to move on Bootsma to preempt a news story that was about to surface anyway, or did the story surface only because he was delisted?

Not entirely sure how much sympathy Bootsma is entitled to, but would the Blues have had an option to dissolve this in the background without it being dragged through the media (which you'd think will cause distress) or was it going to come out sooner or later so that it was better to tackle it front on?

This is not meant as an attack on Carlton, was more wondering about the timeline of events, I guess.

Apologies if this has been covered, but did Carlton need to move on Bootsma to preempt a news story that was about to surface anyway, or did the story surface only because he was delisted?

Not entirely sure how much sympathy Bootsma is entitled to, but would the Blues have had an option to dissolve this in the background without it being dragged through the media (which you'd think will cause distress) or was it going to come out sooner or later so that it was better to tackle it front on?

This is not meant as an attack on Carlton, was more wondering about the timeline of events, I guess.
You mean try and cover it up ? yeah nahh that doesn't work too well ..ask Heath Shaw and Allan Didak ...Collingwood went down that route .

You mean try and cover it up ? yeah nahh that doesn't work too well ..ask Heath Shaw and Allan Didak ...Collingwood went down that route .
I guess that's my question, was it going to break anyway as a news story or did it break because the Blues went on the front foot? I read that a girl's mother had gone to the AFL / Carlton with it, so I guess it was going to come out sooner or later, but wasn't sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Explains why Bootsma name was being linked to the Eagles quite aggresively at trade time last year despite the Eagles indicating they weren't overly interested. A bit surprised Carlton signed him to a 2 year deal in some ways given he was already showing signs of errant behaviour and not a great deal on the footy field
I couldn't believe it that we were linked to him. was beyond mind boggling at the time and even stupider now. very ordinary footballer, who would not stand out at amateur level.

Given the girl's mother went to the AFL/Carlton with it, there's a large chance that had they done nothing she would have gone straight to the media. She possibly even threatened this (I would if it was my daughter.)

So I'd say they probably had to act quickly, however that doesn't mean they wouldn't have taken the same action with Bootsma had the news been less likely to become public, he's shown little and been nothing but trouble.

Cousins and his co horts were doing Drugs and the weagles never looked like sacking any of them

Because they could play footy very well, Bootsma can't.

Like someone said earlier, if you are going to do something stupid make sure you aren't a s**t player.

They just showed the girl on tv, blocked out.

BIG shadow.....

The media will really enjoy ruining this young kid.
It is the Aussie way, kick the kid when he is down - then be seen to try and help him when he is all but shot to pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back