Josh Drummond retires

Remove this Banner Ad

We have 876 posts in our "Injury Watch" thread in Roster Watch. A search tells me that 110 of those posts contain the word "Drummond". Average of three times every page since 2007.

Only played 94 games, but jeez so many of those games stand out. Wish him luck in whatever he decides to do.

Sad day indeed with the loss of such a superb club man who gave it all every time he did get on field. His service rebounding off the half back line or the wing was undoubtedly elite and crucial to a side that often suffered from a deficit of this particular skill.

Noticed that on occasions this season that the game was starting to pass him by but always admired his professionalism and team first ethics. Certainly deserved that 100 game milestone but 9 seasons on the list pays testament to the high regard he is held by the club.

Congratulations Drummo on giving us many highlights with that left boot of yours and all the best for what is very likely to be a very successful off field career.

Time to look after that body mate, take up a thinking mans sport - Mahjong!

All the best Drummo, the team will miss your dexterous skills, 50 meter plus goals and deft kick-ins.

[This now puts Daniel Rich in as the 11th most experienced player at the club with only 82 games.]

Wow I remember in one of his early games at the gabba screaming out Josh I'll have your babies (and I'm a bloke) because he was the only one in the team who could hit a target that night. My absolute favorite player ever. Very sad!

Oh wow.

Was totally reconciled to him going to another club next year. Wouldn't have held any grudges against him if he had.

I wonder if the offers available to him just weren't attractive enough to keep fighting his body through another season.

Sad that a player with so much talent won't even get to 100 games.

Cut to the bone by this announcement. A Lion through and through. Should be happy with his achievements, but what a career it could have been if his body stood up.

All the best in the future Drummo.

Thanks for your 94 games Josh.

Enjoy your retirement - it lasts a lot longer than the playing career though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad to see you go Drummo but thanks for the memories. Glad you're not running around the park in another guernsey however. All the best in retirement and for your future coaching aspirations :thumbsu:

I'm another one who's just a bit devastated by this. Drummo has always been a favourite of mine. Very very sad that his career has been so affected by injury cause geez he's been great when he's been on the field. I am selfishly glad that he won't be playing for someone else though. Will definitely be there early first home game next year for his lap of honour.

Sigh. :(

Pretty shocked by this. Was certain he'd be playing for us or another club next year.

Thanks for all the work you put in Drummo, it's a shame such an immense talent couldn't make it to 100 games.

oh what could have been ! if able to stay on the ground he would have been a star of the game. still a great servant to our club

thanks for everything drummo ! :thumbsu:

Absolutely loved Drummo especially when he made it out on the park. A great club man who had to battle uphill throughout his 9 year career.

On one hand feel priviledged to have seen one the best kicks of all time, but on the other hand slightly gutted for him and the Lions that he never reached his full potential.

Wish him all the best for the future.

Also shout out to Stiller was a personal fave of mine when he looked to be a future midfield star but never progressed as hoped. 100 games for the club is good effort and topped it captaining the ressies to the premiership this year.

Feels like a changing of the guard over the last two years, can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

I'm still struggling to reconcile Stiller playing 100 games and Drummo not. There's no justice in that.

We should be celebtrating that we got to see one of the best kicks in footy, 94 times.
We also should be proud that we had two wonderful young men pass through our club.
Both deserve our respect, and our thanks.

A sad day indeed, I will never forget the human superboot!!! Thank you for all the great games you played Drummo, if only we could have seen you more often, good luck for the future!

A lion till the end, as it should be, I would have hated seeing him play for another team next season!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back