Toast Josh Dunkley

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
He’d be worth at least a top 10 pick if he was on the market right now. Maybe steak knives as well. Doubt Mills would command that but haven’t followed him closely.
Dunks is at the stage where he value is 2 first round picks. He will be up there with Cripps & Oliver for the best contested player in the competition for the next decade. The best part is that his form is sustainable, it's built around hardness and work rate. It's not like he's just having a purple patch IMO.

Jul 23, 2011
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Always saw it in him to be our 2nd most important mid outside of Bont and in a fairly similar age bracket. His height and contested game gels perfectly and allows Bonts to get the ball a bit more on the spread where he can cut teams up. Now I understand Macrae is still number 2 but I think Dunkley is matching him in performance at the moment and is playing a more important role. Ridiculous that we have all three of them at once complimenting each other perfectly.

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well worth a listen on the Dogs podcast. Said Sydney told him they wouldn’t go into deficit for him, so he knew if he got picked before 28 (think that was the number) they wouldn’t match it

Well worth a listen on the Dogs podcast. Said Sydney told him they wouldn’t go into deficit for him, so he knew if he got picked before 28 (think that was the number) they wouldn’t match it
His dad said pretty much the same thing on open Mike the other day

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
His dad said pretty much the same thing on open Mike the other day

That was an interesting watch. Mike spoke about Josh almost double what he did about Andrew's other children, who are also extremely successful athletes. Could see Andrew getting slightly grumpy throughout.

Pretty much, Josh is one of the most focussed and driven young athletes in Australia.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan

Tell that to Sydney fans. Every forum and place I have seen on this topic. Sydney fans go into this aggressive rant about how the Dunkleys told them not to bother drafting them, "so that's why Sydney didn't and the Dunkleys are pricks who should stop telling lies"

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Tell that to Sydney fans. Every forum and place I have seen on this topic. Sydney fans go into this aggressive rant about how the Dunkleys told them not to bother drafting them, "so that's why Sydney didn't and the Dunkleys are pricks"

Yeah, "don't bother drafting my son", next minute Josh never gets drafted and plays AFL and it's his dads fault. Find that hard to believe.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bont gets the nod over McCrae and Dunkley because his elite field finishing skills. I still rate the goal he kicked against GWS as the most exciting goal I have seen must have watched it 100 times. I know Jack kicked the winning goal but Bont's goal was when I said we have got this.

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
you have to hand it to dalrymple. He wanted dunkley and was prepared to spend out first rounder to get him, which would have been seemingly way over the odds, so we manufactured a split with carlton to get a 2 for 1 deal. I wonder if that was our idea or carltons?

would have been amazing if our bonus collins had worked out.

Club seriously needs to look into the work that Dunks, Bont and Croz did in the US over the summer break. All having career best and AA quality seasons. Whatever they did has worked a treat, send the whole list over!

This reminds me of the camps Brady, amendola and Edelman do together on bradys ranch near Yellowstone over their season breaks.

Zgope1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Amazed at the player he's become. I foresaw a Ben Cunnington style. He covers the ground better. Lays damaging, turnover-creating tackles. He's like a bigger version of Jack Viney when he's at his best. Psychopath that can get out and spread.

Amazed at the player he's become. I foresaw a Ben Cunnington style. He covers the ground better. Lays damaging, turnover-creating tackles. He's like a bigger version of Jack Viney when he's at his best. Psychopath that can get out and spread.
Clean but hard player. Not like Viney who is a filthy cheap shotting sniper.

Substance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Clean but hard player. Not like Viney who is a filthy cheap shotting sniper.

Cunnington too. Our players have always played the ball first under bevo. That's one of the things I love most about our prelim win, GWS went the man instead of the ball many times, and it failed.

It's what I call faux toughness. Ziebell choosing to bump cloke in 2017, instead of smothering the ball. Cloke got his ribs broken, but the ball went to libba and through for a goal. Real toughness is putting your body on the line like dale morris did in the grand final, when he smothered one of kennedys shots on goal.

Substance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I will keep posting this all over bigfooty, because it needs to be rocognised how good he is. If he plays midfield in rounds 1-6, he wins the coaches votes award, makes AA, and possibly wins the brownlow depending on how close he is right now.

Back