Delisted Josh Walker (2015-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong Cats' Jarrad Jansen And Josh Walker Sign With The Brisbane Lions

Key forward Josh Walker and young midfielder Jarrad Jansen have signed with the Brisbane Lions.

The two Geelong Cats have signed with the Lions in exchange for a future third round pick.

Walker, 22, has penned a three-year deal after being a good contributor with the Cats in 2015, kicking 19 goals in 16 matches. He has played 33 senior games in total since his debut in 2012.

Walker, 196cm and 99kg, will provide a mature-bodied presence up forward for a Lions team that lacked targets at times in 2015.

He claimed a career-high 18 disposals in Round 16 this season and recorded a career-high five goals against the Lions in Round 18.

“Josh is an older player and has played alongside Tom Hawkins as the second key forward. It’s a bonus for us to get a player at his age, who is in his prime,” said Schwab.

392644_nl.jpg

Would be awesome if he had a Josh Bruce like break out season. Will be the same age Bruce was this season next year. Not saying that they are my expectations or that Walker is of similar talent to Bruce but it will definitely be interesting to see the type of impact he has at senior level.

What a bargain, very excited to have Josh on board. He was easily worth a second round pick by himself, to get him and Jansen with a third round pick is a massive steal. We saw towards the end of the year how much better we were when we had Freeman and Mcguane in the team, can't underestimate how good it will be to have him in the side. He can kick goals, take the best defender and he will allow Freeman and McStay to get off the chain a bit. Would rather Walker who is proven at AFL level than a second round pick any day of the week.

What a bargain, very excited to have Josh on board. He was easily worth a second round pick by himself, to get him and Jansen with a third round pick is a massive steal. We saw towards the end of the year how much better we were when we had Freeman and Mcguane in the team, can't underestimate how good it will be to have him in the side. He can kick goals, take the best defender and he will allow Freeman and McStay to get off the chain a bit. Would rather Walker who is proven at AFL level than a second round pick any day of the week.
Totally. Professional key forwards are scarce....great deal for mine.

Ling: "Brisbane have got a good player there"

Three time premiership player and former captain of Geelong Cameron Ling spoke glowingly of new Lions recruit Josh Walker on 3AW’s Sports Day program yesterday.

“I really like Josh,” Ling said.

"I thought he was a terrific contested mark. Just a little bit in front of goal, he missed shots I would have loved for him to have kicked throughout the year.”

“He competes and he’s hard and goes straight at the footy."

"Brisbane have got a good player there, and a good bloke aswell."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ling has never said a bad thing about anything relating to Geelong.

"How about the closure of the Ford Factory putting Geelong people out of a job, Lingy?"

"Really good stuff by Ford. Gives people a fair bit more spare time."

"How about the closure of the Ford Factory putting Geelong people out of a job, Lingy?"

Gold.

Quality stuff :thumbsu:

Breakout next year will kick 40+
Just like aish was gonna re-sign? And before you ask. No, you will never live that down.

But if walker kicks 40+ you can be sure we will be close to eight on the ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back