JUB JUB Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Clear advantage. The drivers without it were absolutely cooked.

Illegal? Only question is who ticked it off and when.
T8's Mark Dutton said they had discussed with SC head honcho Adrian Burgess and he implied it was okay.

The issue was the dry ice was being put in the crush zone between seat and door which is there to protect the driver in a crash.

It seems pretty harsh though, wouldn't be surprised if the penalty gets downgraded on appeal

T8's Mark Dutton said they had discussed with SC head honcho Adrian Burgess and he implied it was okay.

The issue was the dry ice was being put in the crush zone between seat and door which is there to protect the driver in a crash.

It seems pretty harsh though, wouldn't be surprised if the penalty gets downgraded on appeal

Yep, my bad, had it wrong. It was legal, just in the wrong spot.

Agree, very harsh.

Courtney is out after the crash. Race start is being moved up 15 mins due to rain

Clear advantage. The drivers without it were absolutely cooked.

Illegal? Only question is who ticked it off and when.
Is explained on the Supercars website as being a weight disadvantage on that side of the car on this track.
Disgraceful that a race win is excluded for dry ice.
Even more disgraceful, no downright embarrassing, for the teams that protested.
They better have everything absolutely 100% compliant because if I was 888 I would be protesting even a tyre not being the correct colour.
Karma will come back to these wannabes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red flag

Of course it's Tickford and Macca

Is explained on the Supercars website as being a weight disadvantage on that side of the car on this track.
Disgraceful that a race win is excluded for dry ice.
Even more disgraceful, no downright embarrassing, for the teams that protested.
They better have everything absolutely 100% compliant because if I was 888 I would be protesting even a tyre not being the correct colour.
Karma will come back to these wannabes.

If Karma does actually exist, the team protesting now has two cars out of the race.

Does anybody have an explanation, other than nepotism, of Macauley Jones getting another chance to join the V8SC field?

Even though this collision wasn't his fault, he's clearly not up to the challenge based on his driving history...

Does anybody have an explanation, other than nepotism, of Macauley Jones getting another chance to join the V8SC field?

Even though this collision wasn't his fault, he's clearly not up to the challenge based on his driving history...
Nepotism and nothing else
It's a thing in all levels of motorsport, you need funding to get up the ladder and the easiest way to get sponsors is family members with the bucks.

167,000 people over 3 days is pretty good, better than a lot of F1 weekends

a pretty soft red flag... but it's always the "position of the safety barriers"...
Pretty ordinary safety barrier, Knocked a bloke over, but let’s reposition it in exactly the same spot so it can happen again. (Yes I know it was a gate but that’s not the point).

2023WAU_LAUNCH_DKIMG0789-Edit.jpg

I know Mobil are the sponsors which is why the two stripes are black, but this would have been a classic if the stripes were blue like the old Cobra's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back