Remove this Banner Ad

Nope. Plenty of boarding schools existed. Both Government and Private.
Perth College is arguably one of the most popular girls boarding schools, but that's probably due to price compared to Penrhos etc.
Country High School Hostels were available for boarding students.
Had friends from Bruce Rock that boarded at a wheatbelt High School. I think it was Narrogin or Corrigin. Anyways, Iona was far from being the only one.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
Yep Narrogin boarding school. A few of my friends from the country town I was living in were sent there coed too.
All farmer's kids as was my mum's cousin who was sent from Corrigin to Perth to a boarding school for girls. Her dad inherited the family farm so he had the money & she'd be in her mid 60s now. They existed even way back then

I just took two pics from Westralia Square
a picture of the entrance of 160 Central (centreways arcade) St George's Tce end.
a picture of the Parmelia Hotel, Mercantile Lane side (somewhere here was where Julie left through the back door into the carpark (which now has a building on it).
The thing that just struck me is just how short a distance it is from where the carpark was on Mercantile Lane to 160 Central. Basically, it just a 50 metre walk across the road.
7c07706122ec76a56c624a4d82afdd67.jpg
5480af8f9ba6eccafffcf788abc22b91.jpg

I just took two pics from Westralia Square
a picture of the entrance of 160 Central (centreways arcade) St George's Tce end.
a picture of the Parmelia Hotel, Mercantile Lane side (somewhere here was where Julie left through the back door into the carpark (which now has a building on it).
The thing that just struck me is just how short a distance it is from where the carpark was on Mercantile Lane to 160 Central. Basically, it just a 50 metre walk across the road.
7c07706122ec76a56c624a4d82afdd67.jpg
5480af8f9ba6eccafffcf788abc22b91.jpg

Yes. IMO...Up all night like a busy little bee running around ,dropping things off, hiding things . cleaning up evidence, souverniring keepsakes..all whilst driving the fiat,.then when the body has been removed from the dunes a tthe beach and the coast is clear ...final act to destroy evidence..into the drink the Fiat goes,,,,there is NO WAY he is putting that car into the surf if Julies body is still around the area... then 6 am train back to the city, slide into the big seats at the Cafe...coffee , get himself together before picking up car from carpark.....

perhaps and may be ..JC....borrowed(lent) her car to an associate ...[//after she arrived to that particular venue(or she did not move at all[back at the parmelia])...then came downstairs..and what...yes ..caught that so common vehicle......]].her ..or ..her flatmate... [] perhaps ...on once arriving to pick her up...(a byte and drink at the lane...with bag...and forgets..oh no...my lift is here......did she ..for some reason ...have to have a byte ...outside the premises....[outside the premises.....and finally.. []she gets into her car ...with a stranger at the wheel...and companion is not there....flatmate with a boyfriend.......a boyfriend with a flat mate....a boyfriend with another girl....suite 405..perhaps....
yes know what you mean....
her flat mate ??????
Nothing open on a Sunday back in 88

I would be interested to see the continuity of roster Julie had at The Parmelia. The perpetrator may well have known Julies movements governed by late night rosters.

Dorothy's Centenary Avenue dumping in the Bicentenary year of 1988 will have some bearing IMHO.

Police may be waiting for other information through some trials, that may bear fruit on other peripheral associates. No doubt we will hear information at upcoming trials that will eliminate certain POI who may be associates which will be awesome.

We can put certain theories to bed including anything I might of said then keep drilling down with new information put in the public domain released by prosecutors.

"Dangerous Dave " was a dreamer and avid reader of " Soldier of Fortune " magazine, who left the SAS in1986, just before he was kicked out for smoking pot, growing his hair long and being a general tosser.
Several unfavourable psychological reports had been tendered. regarding his behaviour in the service. and, he was facing a dishonourable discharge.
He was immediately on the plane to Burma, where he sauntered around, laying a few Claymore mines and peeling spuds in the Rebels camp kitchen. in a shameless Public Relations exercise.
"Dangerous" returned to Perth in late 1987 under the watchful and amused eye of ASIO after announcing himself as the new Tasmanian Che Gueveraa of Burma on" A Current Affair".
Very unprofessional behaviour for a so called mercenary.
He immediately married and in mid 1988 when Cutler was abducted, was an expectant father bumming around the City as a broke assed part time, courier truck driver .
His criminal career did not commence, until 1991 when realising he was an unemployable layabout with a young family to feed, in a master-stroke old Dangerous kidnapped a Cinema manager( who knew him personally from the numerous times Dave had visited the Cinema to watch " Rambo " 1,2,3,4,5 and 6.)
During a robbery attempt on a supermarket manager who also knew and could identify Everett he bludgeoned a dog with a M16 rifle.
Well he had too really, - the rifle was a replica.
But it looked good.
After being immediately busted by the Police , Dave got bail by inventing a fictional third member of the gang , while his actual accomplice Reynolds, aghast at having associated himself with such a loser, suicided in his jail cell.
If any proof was needed this decision was the correct one, Everett blabbed to one of the various undercover coppers who were tailing him about a steel cylinder (32 oz Stanley Vacuum Flask, yes thats right a thermos) he had which he planned to attach to the hull of a yacht to smuggle drugs from Burma to Australia. He was promptly charged with conspiracy to import and traffic heroin even though he hadn't left Australia or seen an ounce of it.
Now Staring down some serious jail time , in a scene no doubt gleaned from the famous Sherrif Scene in the comedy " Blazing Saddles" "don't move or the Nig goer gets it" Dangerous faked his own kidnapping, supposedly at the hands of the imaginary third member of the gang.
Then he fled to the Whitsundays obtaining a job as a kitchen hand, before being investigated for smoking pot on the island by the Queensland Drug Suad.
Now Australias most wanted man, so somewhat spooked by the close call, Dangerous Dave returned to Western Australia and tried to knock off an explosives magazine , managing to set it on fire, and blowing it (and nearly himself ) to smithereens in one of the largest mine site explosions in Australian History.
After more or less handing him self in to the Authorities Dangerous received a nice little 10 year stretch which took the wind out of his sails for the Soldier of Fortune life of derring- do he had so monumentally cocked up.
He lived the rest of his life in relative obscurity.
Everett was a harmless , immature dreamer who was immediately busted for every brainless caper he tried on, often whilst under the watch of Federal and State agencies.
Julie Cutlers disappearance was 3 years before he commenced his tragic-comic , criminal " career".
Even the West Australian Coppers at their blundering worst, could not have withheld news of a ransom note being received in this case for the last 30 years.
Ten out of ten for trying ,but time to put it to bed and move on.

good, good info on dangerous dave psych reports heading towards a dishonourable discharge thought they would be confidential would military asio and cops know about his associates guess they would sounds like some nasty loser types coming out of service with killer skills

good, good info on dangerous dave psych reports heading towards a dishonourable discharge thought they would be confidential would military asio and cops know about his associates guess they would sounds like some nasty loser types coming out of service with killer skills
Dave had a blog on his book and someone said the same about psych reports, then there was an exchange between Dave and the poster, with Dave making accusations that the reports were leaked by someone at the Ministry of Justice. I presumed that he was accusing a former Minister, but he didn't name him, but it sort of reaffirmed that they existed. Anyway, you can read the exchange yourself>
http://shadowwarriordavideverett.blogspot.com/2008/06/shadow-warrior-your-say.html?m=1

What is the motive for Everett on Cutler please? One user has provided unsubstantiated information that Everett was not here. There is no evidence of ransom note, no phone calls to family or police demanding money, only a woman saying she doesn't want to be contacted which i think is a ruse to reduce the heat.

Someone stalks Cutler along Stirling Highway for several kilometres from her workplace, then stops at Eric st, the railway crossing into Cottesloe. Then weeks later Cutlers car is found there down the surf club ramp and into the ocean.

For a so called highly trained soldier, this is doing it the hard way IMHO. Its a convoluted abduction by a megalomaniac. An attempt to instill fear.

There is a continuum of unsolved crime in the area building from around 1988.

https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/Claremont_Attacks/JYm3Rct01U

Last edited:
You want to see inside the Parmelia? There was a movie filmed in 1971. In this clip there's a scene at the beginning on the roof top courtyard of the Parmelia. Mid way through there are scenes filmed in Juliana's, then scenes filmed in the rooms of the Parmelia Hotel guest accommodation.

The film? Oh, it's called The Nickel Queen. Although loosely based on the Poseidon bubble, actual real life events would mimic the movie one year later, with the Leopold Nickel scam, resulting in the jailing of a director for 3 1/2 years and the creation of ASIC. And rumours of the proceeds of the crime being hidden away, actually written in a supreme Court judgement.

What is the motive for Everett on Cutler please? One user has provided unsubstantiated information that Everett was not here. There is no evidence of ransom note, no phone calls to family or police demanding money, only a woman saying she doesn't want to be contacted which i think is a ruse to reduce the heat.

Someone stalks Cutler along Stirling Highway for several kilometres from her workplace, then stops at Eric st, the railway crossing into Cottesloe. Then weeks later Cutlers car is found there down the surf club ramp and into the ocean.

For a so called highly trained soldier, this is doing it the hard way IMHO. Its a convoluted abduction by a megalomaniac. An attempt to instill fear.

There is a continuum of unsolved crime in the area building from around 1988.

https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/Claremont_Attacks/JYm3Rct01U
Money. Heard rumours of the spoils of the Leopold scam.
Mistaken identity. Got the wrong Julie Cutler.
Ditched his plans when everything went wrong. Car not being found straight away, the bag of clothes not being handed in. The ransom note going missing. Finding out he had abducted the niece instead of the wife, etc.
Exactly like he said he would ditch his plans if anything went wrong in his book, Shadow Warrior where he was discussing the kidnap and extortion of the cinema managers wife.

He arrived in Perth from Burma a year or more before Julies Cutler's disappearance.
WAPol needs to talk to his 1st wife. IMO.
Then rule him out.

Money. Heard rumours of the spoils of the Leopold scam.
Mistaken identity. Got the wrong Julie Cutler.
Ditched his plans when everything went wrong. Car not being found straight away, the bag of clothes not being handed in. The ransom note going missing. Finding out he had abducted the niece instead of the wife, etc.
Exactly like he said he would ditch his plans if anything went wrong in his book, Shadow Warrior where he was discussing the kidnap and extortion of the cinema managers wife.

He arrived in Perth from Burma a year or more before Julies Cutler's disappearance.
WAPol needs to talk to his 1st wife. IMO.
Then rule him out.

How would you mistake a wife for a 22 year old niece in a Fiat - twice?

How does a soldier pass so much training to become the dumbest of the dumbest?

This abduction was full of megalomania, not a military operation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
How would you mistake a wife for a 22 year old niece in a Fiat - twice?

How does a soldier pass so much training to become the dumbest of the dumbest?

This abduction was full of megalomania, not a military operation.
It's just one possibility. Vernon is another.

It ticks most of the boxes for the circumstances surrounding the case.
It would've been his first attempt at a serious criminal endeavour in Australia.
He cocked up every other job and got caught because he failed in some way his planning and involvement of others in his stupid and complicated schemes.

It should be possible to rule him in or out as there are people still around that knew him in that period.

Apparently not, but I now think that I have a link between Taxi Driver Vernon Silich, to a former soldier, that was with David Everett in the SAS, via another Taxi driver (the one mentioned in Debbie Marshall's book) as they're pictured together in social media.
So it might show that there could've been an information trail from the stories of the Leopold case told by Robert Silich, all the way to David Everett, no doubt with a fair degree of exaggeration along the way.
The kidnap for extortion theory has just jumped the shark. IMO

which taxi driver referred to in the Devils Garden and which former soldier in the SAS?

You want to see inside the Parmelia? There was a movie filmed in 1971. In this clip there's a scene at the beginning on the roof top courtyard of the Parmelia. Mid way through there are scenes filmed in Juliana's, then scenes filmed in the rooms of the Parmelia Hotel guest accommodation.

The film? Oh, it's called The Nickel Queen. Although loosely based on the Poseidon bubble, actual real life events would mimic the movie one year later, with the Leopold Nickel scam, resulting in the jailing of a director for 3 1/2 years and the creation of ASIC. And rumours of the proceeds of the crime being hidden away, actually written in a supreme Court judgement.

great movie loosely based on the posedien debacle

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickel_Queen

directed by John McCallum with radio presenter John Laws in an acting role.

There doesn't appear to be any similarities between Julie Cutler's disappearance and Dorothy's ordeal. IMO.
c6ba24bd57f658f3d65e35672b2e9257.jpg

There doesn't appear to be any similarities between Julie Cutler's disappearance and Dorothy's ordeal. IMO.
c6ba24bd57f658f3d65e35672b2e9257.jpg

Two abductions from 5 star Perth CBD hotels only weeks apart, one between Julies disappearance after an initial attempt.

Julie reports a madman driver tries to run her off the road. Hardly that the skill of a highly trained SAS soldier who could pull this person into the shadows with ease. This abduction was a verbose grandiose attempt at instilling fear in hoteliers.

Dorothy beaten for hours and left for dead. A person seeking to instill fear and submission with pure sinister violence.

The consistent narrative in many the long term crimes, are women leaving hotels around or after midnight.

I beg to differ.

Last edited:

Chocolate Mousse. I always remember the Parmelia Chocolate Mousse. I couldn't eat enough of it.

So who owned the Parmelia Hotel at the time? Who was the company?

great movie loosely based on the posedien debacle

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickel_Queen

directed by John McCallum with radio presenter John Laws in an acting role.
Another News article about the movie and a bit more about the Parmelia Hotel.
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article110442383

The Parmelia is currently owned by Chiu Chi Wen, owner of Hawaiian Australia, and Selangor Properties Malaysia. Before that it was a Japanese company, and before that the Hilton group. Can't remember who it was before that, but there's a book on the history of the hotel down at the State library, but it was written in 1974.

Last edited:
Another News article about the movie and a bit more about the Parmelia Hotel.
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article110442383

The Parmelia is currently owned by Chiu Chi Wen, owner of Hawaiian Australia, and Selangor Properties Malaysia. Before that it was a Japanese company, and before that the Hilton group. Can't remember who it was before that, but there's a book on the history of the hotel down at the State library, but it was written in 197

So that might explain the Hawaiian diary and pen then found in the sand dunes at Beach Street, Cottesloe. Well, the investigation. Parmelia owned by Hawaiian at what point.

Even if the Parmelia was owned by Hawaiian later. WTF!

So that might explain the Hawaiian diary and pen then found in the sand dunes at Beach Street, Cottesloe. Well, the investigation. Parmelia owned by Hawaiian at what point.

Even if the Parmelia was owned by Hawaiian later. WTF!
I should think that it might open a new avenue of inquiry. Maybe the diary came into the possession of someone that was still working at the Parmelia years later, and buried years later. Did they come into it's possession on the night that Julie disappeared and dispose of it later on? Was whoever was responsible for her disappearance a long term employee of the Parmelia? Was it a work colleague? Are they are still there now?

Or were they a guest at the hotel? Did they hide the diary on the night, then book a room years later to find and retrieve it for disposal?

Many questions that the extraneous Hawaiian biro could raise, if it was indeed Julie's stuff that was buried with it?

Last edited:
I should think that it might open a new avenue of inquiry. Maybe the diary came into the possession of someone that was still working at the Parmelia years later, and buried years later. Did they come into it's possession on the night that Julie disappeared and dispose of it later on? Was whoever was responsible for her disappearance a long term employee of the Parmelia? Was it a work colleague? Are they are still there now?

Or were they a guest at the hotel? Did they hide the diary on the night, then book a room years later to find and retrieve it for disposal?

Many questions that the extraneous Hawaiian biro could raise, if it was indeed Julie's stuff that was buried with it?

It will depend what date Hawaiiian took over Parmelia (As you would know).

If it were SASR man, I can't see the uniform going to Central Plaza, King Cafe, the diary buried at the beach. (Diaries might have been issued earlier). Maybe her boss gave her a diary after the madman stalking on Stirling Highway ti take notes on number plates etc?

I think if SASR man did it, he would not have taken anything out of the car. He would have driven the lot into the ocean.

Then there is the break in back at her friends house and her wallet.

Her handbag still hasn't been found nor any sign her black evening dress. Someone has a handbag collection...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back