Justin Reeves resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

2. The CEO only has to make the books balance, and occasionally speak publicly. He just has to say all is well financially and then shut up.

FpNTPubWAAAvEJf

What did you think about the CEO appointment prior to Reeves? Was that the correct appointment?

Ahhh I knew we'd get there - the Gaudry appointment could ONLY be due to 'diversity' not because she had a relevant sports administration and executive level background that was deemed by the consultants in charge of the hiring to be worthy of the role. Yes - it was a subsequent disaster but you can find plenty of people here not impressed with Reeves and previously Kennett so I think gender isn't exactly relevant. But if you want to keep diminishing women getting roles in footy as solely being done for 'diversity' then have at it - it must be fun being so wilfully ignorant.

Gowers saying just now that he wants to do everything in his power to reconcile Clarko with the club. Very hard to imagine him saying that if he has much confidence in the report. And Reeves gone.
Take this to the right thread.....oh wait.....to the main board......

Changed the club for the better? In what way?

Reeves was a big part of getting rid of a 4x premiership coach who was loved and admired by 98% of the players he coached. I don’t have a problem with Mitchell coaching but the way it was handled was messy to say the least.

Reeves also oversaw the cluster* of a review that made Hawthorn an embarrassment to the competition. He has also destroyed relationships in the club.

He was a dud
Not saying he wasn't but the players were the ones who came forward and said that the transition wasn't going to work. They were the catalyst for the early change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First the immigrants take our jobs and then the women... The countries gone mad.

It’s just woke nonsense that women make up 48% of the workforce but when they get a high level role want us to really believe that it was based on merit and not to appease the latte sippers.

When Caro said he would struggle to survive last week on FC, I was a bit surprised.
But she nailed it.

On reflection, few business leaders survive scandals or s**t storms

It seems the business of footy is a tough game.

My thoughts

1. The coach is the most important person at the club. Success on the field is the ONLY thing that matters, and the coach is the centre of all of that.

2. The CEO only has to make the books balance, and occasionally speak publicly. He just has to say all is well financially and then shut up.

3. The 1983 premiership has had a lot of publicity this year, but 2013 has not, it must be celebrated.

4. if this a step to reconciling with Clarko, then it’s the best thing that’s happened this year (apart from the great win last Sunday). How you can celebrate the 2013 premiership without him is beyond me.

Go Hawks!
Have some new thoughts.

Because that is.....

Who said anything about Cyril?
Just so you are aware. Cyril is an Indigenous person who played for the Hawthorn Football Club. He was responsible for raising the clubs awareness of some issues we had in the past that resulted in the club asking past Indigenous players how they were treated. He was the catalyst for the review.

Just so you are aware. Cyril is an Indigenous person who played for the Hawthorn Football Club. He was responsible for raising the clubs awareness of some issues we had in the past that resulted in the club asking past Indigenous players how they were treated. He was the catalyst for the review.
Yes that’s interesting…the review gave the current Hawthorn a clean bill of health, even though Cyril and his wife said they didn’t feel comfortable here. Odd, isn’t it?

My thoughts

1. The coach is the most important person at the club. Success on the field is the ONLY thing that matters, and the coach is the centre of all of that.

3. The 1983 premiership has had a lot of publicity this year, but 2013 has not, it must be celebrated.

4. if this a step to reconciling with Clarko, then it’s the best thing that’s happened this year (apart from the great win last Sunday). How you can celebrate the 2013 premiership without him is beyond me.

Go Hawks!
How you can celebrate the 2013 premiership without him is beyond me.
This part is beyond me too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back