Justin Reeves resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes that’s interesting…the review gave the current Hawthorn a clean bill of health, even though Cyril and his wife said they didn’t feel comfortable here. Odd, isn’t it?
You are aware that Cyril retired five years ago.

And said, if I’m not much mistaken, that he still wouldn’t coming back to the club at the time Wilson wrote her piece.
Why would he want to come back to the club with people like you around?

If anyone was under any misapprehension that the AFL is run in the best interests of the game of football, an episode like this serves only to remind us that the game is run based on the PR it generates and the "narrative" that the media dutifully report on, as they lie prone with their pathetic little begging bowls and lap up the insidious diarrhoea titrated to them by the buffoonish private schoolboys running the game.

Cyril actually stated he would return to the club once Kennett left.

I have this lingering optimism that Sam’s working behind the scenes to have Cyril come back for the premiership reunion this year.

Hey Hawk fans
Very well played Reeves, his departure has stopped the media talking about the Hawks and tanking in the AFL.

Maybe Justin took two bullets for the Hawks ceased tanking talk and responisibilty for the racisim report.

What do you think Cyril would think of you if you had this conversation with him? Do you really think he'd want to be around someone like you?
What are you talking about? I haven’t said anything about Cyril that isn’t a matter of record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You honesty think that Cyril would pat you on the back for calling other Indigenous players liars?
I didn’t call them liars. I said their allegations are are yet to be tested. Any as far we know, the coaches deny them.

What Cyril thinks about this I can only guess.

I didn’t call them liars. I said their allegations are are yet to be tested. Any as far we know, the coaches deny them.

What Cyril thinks about this I can only guess.
The coaches allegations of denial haven't been tested. If you take the position that the coaches denying the allegations absolve them you are implying that the players are lying.

The coaches allegations of denial haven't been tested. If you take the position that the coaches denying the allegations absolve them you are implying that the players are lying.
Umm, no, that’s not how it works. Untested means we can’t say for sure who is right.

If anyone was under any misapprehension that the AFL is run in the best interests of the game of football, an episode like this serves only to remind us that the game is run based on the PR it generates and the "narrative" that the media dutifully report on, as they lie prone with their pathetic little begging bowls and lap up the insidious diarrhoea titrated to them by the buffoonish private schoolboys running the game.
Actually if you ever had more than a glancing involvement in the game at any sort of level you would have some knowledge about how football works outside your myopic, whiny class wars. Clearly you do not!

Covid has left alot of people drained, staff reduced, increased work loads and they where pushing through it.

Then the Clarko / Fagan / Burt racisim saga unfolded and based on limited info it looks like Clarko and Fagan are innocent.

An at the very lest the trio deserves to be heard, an alot of AFL employees have gone this could easily be us being accused. Which may have pushed a few away from the game.

I am glad the AFL calls out racisim at the games, but i wish they would stay away from the policitcal side of things, apart from SPORTS.
You've touched on some good points here - had some misses as well but the hits outweigh them.

Soft Cap - massive mistake - even before Covid we lost Ratt's son for reasons quite clear to those that recognise that Assistant Coaches working 16 hours a day isn't condusive to good family life. We won't even discuss Phil Walsh.

Staff are now reduced with the intention that clubs/organisations who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery penalise competent well run organisations by dragging them back to their level, providing inadequate resources that they can only rent.

Volunteers have dropped by 80% across the board since Covid - there are major, major footy challenges going forward in the next bit.

We need to step up and move on.

It's a myth that he hated clarko.
He disagreed with the direction clarko was taking the club, but never hated clarkson as a person, and definitely no vendetta (personal opinion of course based on interactions with him - other execs who've already departed may have more of a vendetta)
My god the naivety, hatred doesn’t do the description justice. The Clarkson camp is having a drink tonight.

Was just about to write this. No brainer for me

• Hawthorn BnF champion.
  • Been involved with numerous sporting industries.
  • Has worked in the AFL media and is great when I've heard him on radio. A PR dream!
  • Obviously is a lawyer.

The perfect candidate and he already works for the club. Sign him up!
Are you for ******* real?????

Notwithstanding the fact that I respect him highly - ex player who can talk the media s**t and is a lawyer?

Chief Executive Officer preferred.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back