Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Kayo has well and truly passed the test for me, to the point that I actually prefer it to foxtel. Convenience of HD footy on phone/laptop and Chromecast makes it completely seamless to wake up the TV when I'm home and want to watch on the big screen. Hasn't missed a beat for me, super fast cable internet helps.
I prefer also. Great to be able to flick on a show when the kids go to bed, and play it from the start even if it's half way through.

I also like that I can take it anywhere I go. I was at a mates house the other day that didn't have Foxtel and I streamed the game on his tv through my phone.

Total s**t for me tonight - constant drop outs and casting issues. It's not the phone or the Apple TV, as I was watching iView right up until the bounce.

I know it's still in its infancy, and I know that for a while we can't expect streaming services to be as reliable as terrestrial television, but Kayo has gotta be better than this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Working fine for me and according to a few different speed tests I'm only getting between 5-10 Mbps.

Total s**t for me tonight - constant drop outs and casting issues. It's not the phone or the Apple TV, as I was watching iView right up until the bounce.

I know it's still in its infancy, and I know that for a while we can't expect streaming services to be as reliable as terrestrial television, but Kayo has gotta be better than this.

Running perfect here I'd say your internet is not keeping up. Try watching it a few minutes behind.

No issues here

Running perfect here I'd say your internet is not keeping up. Try watching it a few minutes behind.

I'm not convinced that works - I tried doing that when it performed so poorly during the Grand Prix and it didn't help at all.

I gave up in the end, I went and watched Survivor instead.

Did the 14 day trial recently and got to watch some JTL I would not have been able to before. The service was actually good, multiscreen was nice. However I'm only interested in Footy and cricket so not in their target demographic.

Just got an email today from foxtel saying they will be giving me sports for free for 12 months. $348 value.

Foxtel are shitting themselves. So they should overpriced crap.

Kayo is overpriced so I will never be paying for them until the price comes down. I was going to cancel foxtel after GOT finishes. See what happens now.

Kayo is overpriced so I will never be paying for them until the price comes down. I was going to cancel foxtel after GOT finishes. See what happens now.

Fox own Kayo so they wouldn't be shitting themselves.

Surely everyone has at least one friend or family member interested in sport to go halves with, so I don't know how anyone could call $12.50 a month overpriced.

Kayo is overpriced so I will never be paying for them until the price comes.
I get the impression you are highly price sensitive

- mandatory signature enforced by stupid BF app

Did the 14 day trial recently and got to watch some JTL I would not have been able to before. The service was actually good, multiscreen was nice. However I'm only interested in Footy and cricket so not in their target demographic.

Just got an email today from foxtel saying they will be giving me sports for free for 12 months. $348 value.

I just can't understand how anyone can think that getting all that sport for a price.of a schooner at the pub a week is over priced.

Footy and cricket are my main interests too, being able to watch any footy game at any time (As well as all the extra footy shows) and being able to watch all the overseas cricket tours as well as the Australian one dayers for that price seems like a bargain to me.

Last edited:

Dude, you are exactly within their 'target demographic' - It's a sports service dominated by AFL, NRL & Cricket.

As for overpriced, yes subscribers will still be making Rupert richer but I'm $50 a month better off now than I was before Kayo & paying for a service that is pretty much precisely what I've wanted for years, so yeah 'satisfied' sums me up.

Likewise.... that was until I just switched over from Cable to the NBN which has caused all sorts of dramas. Issue appears to be the NBN though and not Kayo or the Apple TV 4K. Will see how it goes this weekend to get a better idea of performance.
I'm about a year out from NBN so will see how it goes in Q1 next year.

I just can't understand how anyone can think that getting all that sport for a price.of a schooner at the pub a week is over priced.

Footy and cricket are my main interests too, being able to watch any footy game at any time (As well as all the extra footy shows) and being able to watch all the overseas cricket tours as well as the Australian one dayers for that price seems like a bargain to me.
Unbelievable value, ecspeially when you look at the money Fox spends on their rights deals, techinology, equipment, lotigtics, on and off talent and resources.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back