Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Airplay 1 or Airplay 2? If 1, get a chromecast. If 2, it's probably your WIFI. Got a chromecast and used Airplay 2 in the past with no issues at all.
Honestly, I'm not too sure whether it's 1 or 2. Didn't even know there were 2, haha.

Honestly, I'm not too sure whether it's 1 or 2. Didn't even know there were 2, haha.
yea there is two airplay standards. The old one was basically bluetooth and s**t. The new/second one tells the tv what to stream and the tv downloads it itself from the internet which gives a much better picture. Not sure how to check which one you've got. I highly recommend the chromecast TV if you go down that route.

As someone who used to work within the customer service team until they offshored everyone, I am very surprised they actually released an app for Playstation. It became a joke within our team when it would eventually release as it was meant to be ready in 2018. The developers ended up leaving for another job mid way through the build and they never bothered to replace them instead opting to focus on Binge.
Came back to this thread to let the dinosaurs like me know that the Kayo app is now available for ps4.

Colour me amazed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chromecast is the best thing to have for Kayo and also great for instantly streaming youtube, spotify etc onto the tele. Highly recommend.

Old man shakes fist at clouds, but I grew up watching Aussie Rules and Rugby League on free to air, and I've decided I'm ditching Kayo.
So it's FTA for games with my teams and occasional neutrals, and radio if they aren't on.

It's too my detriment, I love my sports, but I'm over paying for it.

I'm also considering this.

We've got NBN with the fastest connection available and I'm still getting connection dropouts while watching games past peak hours.

If you like watching live sport and you can't find any value in Kayo for $25 a month I don't really know what to say to you. Enjoy the savings I guess. :tearsofjoy:

It used to be upwards of $50 per month to get Fox Sports in HD.

Kayo is good value, and most don't seem to have issues with it.
No need to laugh at someone making a clear eyed decision to save some money.

I am reconditioning my viewing habits to FTA, radio and replays. It's how I enjoyed watching sport for many years before the pay providers invaded.

So sure, I'm going to miss out on some things, but I'm comfortable with it for now.

No need to laugh at someone making a clear eyed decision to save some money.

I am reconditioning my viewing habits to FTA, radio and replays. It's how I enjoyed watching sport for many years before the pay providers invaded.

So sure, I'm going to miss out on some things, but I'm comfortable with it for now.
Wasn't my intention. Apologies.

Out of curiosity, how much do you think a service like Kayo is worth ?

sosos it may be worth considering finding someone to split the cost with, in case you are not aware the $25 monthly sub allows you to stream to 2 devices.

That said, I am more than happy a lot of the time to just listen to radio coverage of games so do get where you are coming from as Ive lost count of how many streaming services I share with family members & mates, it is a bit nuts.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back