Kenny Dalglish

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt in my mind that Dalglish is considered bigger than LFC by many. Listening to the radio and people seem prepared to blame anyone and everyone to make sure KK is seen as faultless.

I dont think he'll get the flick, but if he does it'll want to be stage managed well or there will be one hell of a shitstorm brewing.

I don't disagree, but he's a club legend, so of course fans in general will show more loyalty and faith him than they would to just any manager. I'd argue that the same would happen at any club in a similar position.

Personally, I would like him to be replaced as I don't think he's the best person to lead Liverpool at this time.

I don't disagree, but he's a club legend, so of course fans in general will show more loyalty and faith him than they would to just any manager. I'd argue that the same would happen at any club in a similar position.

Personally, I would like him to be replaced as I don't think he's the best person to lead Liverpool at this time.

No all the sentimental You'll Never walk Alone sickly sweet stuff and the self referential "look at us aren't we different" stuff from the Kop means they are now uniquely sentimental in their attachment to a figure they associate with success and Hillsboro.

He is a dour, cantakerous rude old timer who occupies a place in their semtimental story they tell themselves. Most of them know he won't succeed ut they find it hard to let go.

As I said on the Liverpool thread:

The King is gone :(

Mixed emotions on this, he has done probably the second most for the club behind Shankly but the results this season have spoken for themselves and he had to go

All the best Kenny, you bought us one cup this year and came close to getting us two

As I said on the Liverpool thread:

The King is gone :(

Mixed emotions on this, he has done probably the second most for the club behind Shankly but the results this season have spoken for themselves and he had to go

All the best Kenny, you bought us one cup this year and came close to getting us two

Paisley says hi.

An icon though all the same. Mixed views on it too. I guess it's mixed because apparently were bringing in Martinez. Epic lolz. If so, ill just stop watching. But if we bring in a great manager then ill be happy.

End of the day, the season wasnt good enough and the signings were all phish. This had to happen.

Not a sad day at all. Liverpool have to move onwards and upwards. If the club and future manager can start making some good decisions, hopefully we can return to being relevant. Sick of being the Richmond of the EPL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice day to bury some bad news I guess.

Think it's succeeded more burying the appalling England squad than Kenny being sacked.

The scouser who wrote on RAWK that this was the lowest point in the clubs history possibly needs to get a sense of perspective.

Rafa is the only one in my mind, should've never been sacked

Well... maybe Klopp, but he ain't leaving

I dont think he should have been sacked either. We were in and out of the CL before he came and since he left we have just been out of the CL. He took us to two CL finals and many deep runs in Europe. Also got us the closest we have ever been to a title since we won it 20 odd years back. Master tactician.

H&G pushed him out.

Id have him back but I dont think FSG will go back or go for the fans favourite considering how we went under Kenny.

As for a replacement Rafa doesnt concern me, and while both Rogers and Martinez are a big risk I wouldnt rule them out automatically as good options.

There is doubts on both though. Can Martinez spend money after succeeding without money. And can Rogers back up for another year after a great first in the league.

Unproven doesnt have to mean incapable though.

As for a replacement Rafa doesnt concern me, and while both Rogers and Martinez are a big risk I wouldnt rule them out automatically as good options.

There is doubts on both though. Can Martinez spend money after succeeding without money. And can Rogers back up for another year after a great first in the league.

Unproven doesnt have to mean incapable though.

Thing is Moomba, we cant afford unproven. We need a proven manager to come in, buy the right players and get us back in the conversation for CL football. We cant just take a punt on Rogers.

Risk and reward.

Rogers could be a great success, a proven manager might not.

Its why the people that make that decision get the big bucks.

If it was City I'd think it was a year or two early for Rogers, but I wouldnt be unhappy if he was appointed.

And when he was getting linked to Spurs I definitely didnt want him going there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back